RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
Join Frank Augustine (sgfta) and I as we explore the legend of the Peralta Stone Maps. We are one of the first to ever show Tumlinson's site on Video - and the only folks that have made our findings public with never before seen discoveries. We also venture to Herman Petrash's old cabin where we see some strange markings - that we could use your help on. For those that live out of state, we also went to some abandoned mines in the Superstition Range for you to peruse.

Thanks for the support with my video and all the folks that supply me with information. In specific for this video, Garry Cundiff.

-Ryan :icon_salut:

Last edited by a moderator:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan, considering how you and Frank started off kind of at odds with each other with regard to the tv show he did, you certainly worked well together in this video. I love having the two of you actually go to the sites involved with the legend of the Peralta Stone Maps and the Lost Dutchman Mine and show us all things most treasure seekers have never seen before. I have been a reader of many threads here at T-net for many years and not once has anyone ever posted video of the site where the Peralta Stone Maps were claimed to have been found, and certainly not of the cabin site of Herman Petrash! Your skill at capturing and producing video and Frank's on screen presence are a good match, and I look forward to seeing what you two come up with in the future. I was also impressed with the balanced approach you took to this project, where you avoided taking a position one way or the other. You simply provided information for the viewer to come to their own conclusions. All too often we have people here on T-net trying to sell a particular perspective, or conclusions they have drawn about these topics. Its nice to have people like you and Frank presenting all of this in the way you two did here. I am fascinated with the cactus markings you found, and I hope your metal detector search of the Petrash cabin area turns up some interesting items. The excavations at the Peralta Stone Map site are also great finds, and if the plant growth rooted in the excavated material around them can be used to date when they were dug I'm sure we will all want to know what that date is.

Keep the videos coming please! I look forward to the next one! They just keep getting better and better!

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Ryan has a good eye for things Matt. All I have to do is put him in a site area and off he goes. I have a long list of areas for future hunts.

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like someone went in there with a small excavator after the stones were supposedly found there. all the stuff piled up on one side even. only thing that stuck out to me was the cactus at 15.25.

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
The tailings around all 3 dig sites are equally high / stacked on all sides of the hole - not just one side. Here is a shot that I didn't include in the video.

Also notice the river rock sticks out further than the "mud" eliminating the idea of an excavator. Admittedly - I thought this as well - until I was able to verify that "guess" with someone that does excavation and looked at the images I supplied.

Keep the convo going :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    894.3 KB · Views: 468
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 421

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you believe there is other stuff in the Supes than the LDM?

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Do you believe there is other stuff in the Supes than the LDM?

What do you mean by "stuff"?

We showed a series of other mines as part of this video. Many others have found gold. Right now - I'm only personally good at finding rocks ;)

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
"Stuff" as in as good or better things.

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
"Stuff" as in as good or better things.

You're going to have to explain what you're fishing for.

Do I believe there is something better than the LdM in the superstitions? The LdM isn't found - or known to be a true story - so sure? I saw an amazing Mercedes G63 ///AMG out there once. $130k SUV.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen a lot of nice cars as well. Perhaps this is not my place. Good luck then.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a very good video. Maybe I like to dip my hand in the water to test the temperature before I jump in.

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent video Ryan and Frank! Definitely your best to date.

Quality of video and content is truly amazing. History channel should take a lesson from this. Granted one needs a little background into the history and the players to reap the full benefit of what Ryan and Frank are discussing but its EXCELLENT work. Love the way you present both sides. You report and let your viewers ponder and decide.

Bravo guys. Nice, nice work. Keep em coming.

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
You're such a sweetheart, Lynda! Thank you.

I'm glad you mentioned the background into the history part - it's something that I need to spend more time on.

Any ideas on the DB 40? Here is a photo that I shot.

D - I see nothing

B - I see what looks to be a "key" extending to the (photo) top right

4 -I see an arrow pointing down

0 - I see an arrow pointing up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 6.51.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 6.51.53 AM.png
    972.2 KB · Views: 416

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Ryan and Frank. I appreciate the balance I in presenting both sides of the argument in regards to the PSM. The holes do look old in that the spoils or dirt has eroded around the holes exposing the bigger stones. IMHO if Frank is correct in the locations of these holes then Tumlinson worked very hard on his hoax. Or he was telling truth. Or someone else dug these holes from Tumlinson's descriptions. Something that I found interesting was the carving on the chimney of the face or head. Seems similar to the priest character on the PSM.
Gratz on the new video. Well done.

P.S. I thought Tumlinson found the PSM's off old hwy 60 north of the area in your video.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Great video Ryan and Frank. I appreciate the balance I in presenting both sides of the argument in regards to the PSM. The holes do look old in that the spoils or dirt has eroded around the holes exposing the bigger stones. IMHO if Frank is correct in the locations of these holes then Tumlinson worked very hard on his hoax. Or he was telling truth. Or someone else dug these holes from Tumlinson's descriptions. Something that I found interesting was the carving on the chimney of the face or head. Seems similar to the priest character on the PSM.
Gratz on the new video. Well done.

P.S. I thought Tumlinson found the PSM's off old hwy 60 north of the area in your video.

Hi Captain - nice to hear from you!

Compare the Tumlinson Map and the Google Earth Map along with the drop pin of where Frank and I parked to verify. Frank and I parked exactly where Tumlinson did on his map - and not "too far" away from the car, we found what you saw in the video. It was all pretty fun / exciting!

Tumlinson Map:

Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 7.26.57 AM.png

Current Google Earth Map

Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 7.32.04 AM.png

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank and Ryan,

This is MUCH better than that reality show. Informed, right to the point, and no drama, or outright insulting the intelligence level of the viewers.

Go-Go Luckey, for obvious reasons, cannot film inside the wilderness boundary.

I suggest you take advantage of that.

There is an enormous wealth of information, history, and tales in there.

The interpretation of what constitutes "commercial filming" is ambiguous at best, so Ryan, to be safe, you may want to leave the "monetized my videos" box unchecked, in your account settings.

OP
OP
RG1976

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Frank and Ryan,

This is MUCH better than that reality show. Informed, right to the point, and no drama, or outright insulting the intelligence level of the viewers.

Go-Go Luckey, for obvious reasons, cannot film inside the wilderness boundary.

I suggest you take advantage of that.

There is an enormous wealth of information, history, and tales in there.

The interpretation of what constitutes "commercial filming" is ambiguous at best, so Ryan, to be safe, you may want to leave the "monetized my videos" box unchecked, in your account settings.

Thanks Deducer!! I really appreciate that compliment and I'm sure Frank does as well! Making the video was a lot of fun! If you have any sites that you think would be interesting, within the SWA, please shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to research them.

As far as commercial use - you're right, commercial use is ambiguous - which is why I shoot with my iPhone instead of all my expensive camera equipment. Arizona law doesn't include cell phone images / video to be considered as "professional" or "commercial use". The downside to using a phone is all of the wind noise you heard in this video - ugh! Of course, this law could change at any time - especially with how quickly technology is advancing.

Thanks for looking out for me on this one though - I had the same concern when my first video turned into many many more.

Edit - I want to clarify "commercial use laws". I consulted an entertainment lawyer about this and that is the answer I was given. If anyone else wants to go shoot with their phone, you should contact a lawyer and clarify for yourself. I am no way trying to interpret laws on public forums!

Last edited:

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant ya hook up an external noise cancelling mic to get rid of the wind noise? never looked into them so i cant recommend any..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread