Video 6 - On Tumlinsons Trail : The Peralta Stone Maps

Validity of the stones

• Travis found the stones and had nothing to do with their creation. They are real.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Travis hoaxed the entire thing. They are fake

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Travis carved the maps - but they are based off of real information.

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't chase shadows I catch them. Got a whole lot of them in my camera.

But they are fun to run after.

Accept when its cloudy. The your a sun chaser.

gracias

I'm a shadow chaser by the way.

AJones

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I ask why?
Ryan told admin he did not like the moderation, that he and Frank were done with TreasureNet and to delete his account.

Admin is holding him to it ....That is all I can post on it...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Ryan told admin he did not like the moderation, that he and Frank were done with TreasureNet and to delete his account.

Admin is holding him to it ....That is all I can post on it...

Kind of strange IMHO and I wonder if the real reason had nothing to do with the moderation? We all make mistakes and have to be gently prodded back into line by the mods now and then, not something that I would think to be reason to quit and leave, when so many friends are here and were having a discussion. Just an opinion of course, too bad things turned out this way.

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean Oro. After all, TNet was the venue that got them the Sponsorship.

Maybe it'll all work out who knows?

Good luck and God's Speed to the both of them.

Kind of strange IMHO and I wonder if the real reason had nothing to do with the moderation? We all make mistakes and have to be gently prodded back into line by the mods now and then, not something that I would think to be reason to quit and leave, when so many friends are here and were having a discussion. Just an opinion of course, too bad things turned out this way.

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The debate will never end because you are all correct to a point. The map itself does represent a mining area. The stones are copy of that map. If you can place the map in the proper area you will find old mines and this
View attachment 1181393
I found gold first chasing the Dutchman. Then found more using the map after I was able to place it location. I guess it's a result of tracing the map backwards. So stating no one ever found a thing with the map is not true. Stating no one found a thing with the stones is true as far as we know. I used this View attachment 1181394
So as you see your all correct in a way. Oh I found proof in Gregs collection that I was not the first. I discovered a second map that also places the map in my area. A much older map.
Keep a open mind at all times and don't get fixed on one theory. Otherwise you will find nothing. Especially if your sitting on your butt and not searching in the mountains. Those that search the mountains find things. Right Wayne! One day these things will be tied into the whole story. But by those with worn boots and a open mind. What ever you may say about Ryan you can't say he just sits on his butt. You will find in the end he will be a major influence on the story. Keep a open mind and pay attention. Oh buy some depends.

Frank
Every time I see a map here or other places it is a different version. Some have things added some do not? What gives with that? It seems the earlier the map the less things on it?
2015-07-03 12.03.15 am.png

2015-07-03 12.04.23 am.png

2015-07-03 12.05.53 am.png

2015-07-03 12.05.23 am.png

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated, Ryan is no longer posting, he can no longer log in.

Admin will delete his account at his convenience.....

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i cant believe people are actually upset that 2 people wanted to leave tnet. obviously people that live through others adventures.. wwhether its a boot heel or a pile of old nails. hey on a brighter note i am still here. told you guys i found the thing a year and a half ago. i just cant see myself spending a lifetime hauling the ore out. i mean with all my gear and water i figure i can carry out 30-40 pounds at a time. 3 trips was good enough for me. happy hunting.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
iath,

Over 250,000 people just had their personal files hacked. Aren't you afraid someone may decide you have something worth stealing?

Just wondering,

Joe Ribaudo

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the horse

Mistakenly you have posted here instead the Rubber Room thread . :dontknow:

Be careful

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Simon,

The only way to verify what kind of glue was used, is to have it tested as the late Jim Hatt suggested. Somehiker's idea that it could be amimal glue is a valid one, such as your idea that it could be tire repair cement. My own idea is that it could be pine, or mesquite sap glue. I lean more to the pine sap since it more yellowish. Pine sap globs are melted usually on a hot rock next to a fire, then ground charcoal powder is added to it. It make a very strong black glue as seen mostly in the front of the heart stone. The yellow on the back could be pine sap that didn't get mixed properly.

Homar

Howdy All,

I am bringing down this old post to show Lynda where the ideas to her news news news were coming from, and why they were being made up.

I was responding to Simon1's post #321 where he suggested that the Heart stone may have been glued with tire glue, and Somehiker's post #200, where he suggested it may have been animal glue.

While rawhide, or animal glue is very strong, it would be the same color through out. This was my reasoning for going with pine sap, or resin glue. Being a country man, I have used it before.

I felt no need to tell Simon1 that tire glue evaporates to nothing but a very thin layer of latex. It will never harden like the glue on the heart stone has hardened between the grooves. You don't need to test the glue to see that it is not tire glue.

As you can see, the vivid memory of those who claimed that the Heart stone was broken in the gas station, and glued together with tire glue is just made up like most of the story. If this part of their shared vivid memories if false, so is most of their story.

You don't have to take my word for it, you can find some similar stone to break, and stick together with tire glue. Do your own test, don't rely on someone else's test since they could use some other glue to hoax a similarity to the glued heart in the museum. Nuff said.

Homar P. Olivarez

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Homar,

Glad to see you posting again. I do enjoy your post even when we are on opposite sides of an issue.

The "glue issue" is not in my wheelhouse. Not my area of expertise. I really don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. I'm totally open to hearing other thoughts.

A little knowledge is dangerous, so just bear with me a minute.

With tire glue or rubber cement vs. resin type mixtures I "think" it has to do with the solvent placed in the rubber mixture to keep it from solidifying on the shelf. Without the solvent the latex turns to a hard mass not unlike amber.

When you paint the rubber cement on whatever you are gluing you need to wait for the solvent to air dry away before you stick the pieces. The drying latex goes through some sort of chemical change and creates cross layered structure which creates the bond. I think it is more flexible, at least at first, than resin type mixtures. At least I think that's the process. I'm thinking a lot has to do with if you paint both sides of the break or just a single side. In this case a clean break would be harder to "meld" than a gagged one. I don't know which the heart stone break is.

I think this would be a good exercise to show the different methods but I could be wrong, like said, not my forte. I "think" sticky notes use a rubber cement type medium to do their magic. Pull one off and stick it to a sheet of paper. You can pull it off quite easy without damaging the underlying paper. Now take that same sticky note and stick it to the sticky side of another sticky note and you have a different result (two sided paste mixture). It becomes much harder to pull them apart. Leave them to "cure" a couple days and it gets even harder to separate them.

I agree that if I had a choice of materials in this case I would have opted for the resin type medium.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions