Challenge for Superstition Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
What are there, something like fifty ardent followers of this legend who have posted on this forum and others over the years? Multiply that number by ten to account for lurkers, paranoids and wild men in the hills and you might have about five hundred folks - worldwide - who are quite familiar with all the PSM lore, many of them radical believers, I presume. That's roughly the same number of active members in the Flat Earth Society. Go figure.

Hmm where do you fit in that equation? ??? :tongue3:

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just viewed the video. WOW! I thought for some reason that the manuscript would be smaller (as in thickness)...way way bigger than I thought! Hearing right from the family really puts an emphasis on some falsehoods that wandered way outside factual information. Wow wow wow!

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I just viewed the video. WOW! I thought for some reason that the manuscript would be smaller (as in thickness)...way way bigger than I thought! Hearing right from the family really puts an emphasis on some falsehoods that wandered way outside factual information. Wow wow wow!

exactly...and its just the tip of the iceberg

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing of importance is what was written by Travis Tumlinson. Ryan himself stated that not all the family members were in agreement, and that they really didn't know much of what was being said about the story. He had to fill them in on it. That tells you that Ryan had a lot to do in what that old man was saying. Travis's cousin was telling Ryan what he wanted to hear.

The story of Travis finding the stones somewhere else does not come from Travis himself, neither does the "real" reason he went out there. Ryan stated that this comes from family members. I will put my faith in what Charlie Miller had to say. He was Travis's close friend, and eye witness.

If not all family members are in agreement, how can one believe any of them? The Peralta Stones speak for themselves.

Homar

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"it is easier to fool people than convince them they have been fooled" ~ Mark Twain

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
The only thing of importance is what was written by Travis Tumlinson. Ryan himself stated that not all the family members were in agreement, and that they really didn't know much of what was being said about the story. He had to fill them in on it. That tells you that Ryan had a lot to do in what that old man was saying. Travis's cousin was telling Ryan what he wanted to hear.

The story of Travis finding the stones somewhere else does not come from Travis himself, neither does the "real" reason he went out there. Ryan stated that this comes from family members. I will put my faith in what Charlie Miller had to say. He was Travis's close friend, and eye witness.

If not all family members are in agreement, how can one believe any of them? The Peralta Stones speak for themselves.

Homar

I am not so sure. I watched the video and found Joe(?) to be entirely credible but you are correct, that in the end, Ryan was leading him in his responses about the photograph of the stones. Not that it matters much as we didn't have the chance to see the image he was comparing which, I thought was just weird. Anyway, It appears that the family thought the stones to be authentic. Even the wife's alleged comment about a sucker can have two meanings. I would have liked to see where the stones were carved, the tools that carved them, or even the idea debated with old Joe. As far a "exclusive rights", that would only apply to that particular physical copy of the manuscript. Anyone else with a copy would be free to publish their version (even if identical) without restriction. Who know perhaps someone else will come along and do just that, here on TNet. : o

It doesn't do much for Ryan's theory for several reasons, but I think that its his best video to date.

Last edited:

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Following these threads is like a study in human physiology. It really is interesting.

Ryan, just like everyone else, is entitled to a "theory" about the stone maps. It may be right, it may be wrong. It may have pieces of both. And; just like everyone else, it may evolve over time as he discovers new information. Who else has brought you face to face with The Manuscript. Not a copy, THE manuscript, the complete manuscript, typed by with hand notations by Travis himself. How much closer to the source can you get?

What is refreshing is he presents the story as it unfolds in his path of discovery. Warts, confirmations, and conflicts in various theories. He presents both sides of the story not just what favors his particular views on the subject.

Joe, in this video, does not appear to be a person "lead" to a conclusion. Can we for a minute put down personal preference and consider the hours of conversation that lead up to this filmed interview? Getting to the heart of the matter is the job of a good interviewer. That's what Ryan did in the on film version of the telling of this story. If you wanted the 6 to 8 hours of lead up you should have gotten on your pony and made the trip yourself. Failing that, you get the > 13 minutes of the condensed version. That includes the good, the bad and the ugly, depending on your view point. Good grief guys. What does it take to please you?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm where do you fit in that equation? ??? :tongue3:
I'm an amused bystander interested only in common ground (people, places associations, dates, motivations, etc) between the PSMs and other topics I'm interested in.

As a side thingy, I'm always curious about the rationale of why folks believe some of the things they do. I'm definitely not a believer in the popular PSM legends. I suspect the whole story has something to do with disinformation.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Following these threads is like a study in human physiology. It really is interesting.

Ryan, just like everyone else, is entitled to a "theory" about the stone maps. It may be right, it may be wrong. It may have pieces of both. And; just like everyone else, it may evolve over time as he discovers new information. Who else has brought you face to face with The Manuscript. Not a copy, THE manuscript, the complete manuscript, typed by with hand notations by Travis himself. How much closer to the source can you get?

What is refreshing is he presents the story as it unfolds in his path of discovery. Warts, confirmations, and conflicts in various theories. He presents both sides of the story not just what favors his particular views on the subject.

Joe, in this video, does not appear to be a person "lead" to a conclusion. Can we for a minute put down personal preference and consider the hours of conversation that lead up to this filmed interview? Getting to the heart of the matter is the job of a good interviewer. That's what Ryan did in the on film version of the telling of this story. If you wanted the 6 to 8 hours of lead up you should have gotten on your pony and made the trip yourself. Failing that, you get the > 13 minutes of the condensed version. That includes the good, the bad and the ugly, depending on your view point. Good grief guys. What does it take to please you?

Old,
That it is.
I would suggest that you watch the video again, especially the conversation about the photographs. Its rather plain to me and to others who have commented that the observation is not Joe's. I could be wrong.

I wrote that it was Ryan's best video yet as well as what it would take to please me, further.
Ryan's work should stand for itself and review, even critical, is the very idea behind posting ones ideas in a public forum. You seem to sometimes agree with the idea (paragraph one) and sometimes not (closing).

It is an interesting video and worth watching.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I'm an amused bystander interested only in common ground (people, places associations, dates, motivations, etc) between the PSMs and other topics I'm interested in.

As a side thingy, I'm always curious about the rationale of why folks believe some of the things they do. I'm definitely not a believer in the popular PSM legends. I suspect the whole story has something to do with disinformation.

The popular PSM legend or the stones as authentic treasure maps?
At this point I would agree with you about disinformation.

Tell us why and you kill the legend.

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

lynda...you'll never please jealous people...and it sure sounds like we have a couple of those here....like you said if they thought they could do better they should have made the trip and talked to the tumlinsons...homar..you are in texas..why didnt you do this?...sounds to me like ryan has done what nobody else thought to do...and you are basing your jealousy on a short video...dont you think you should wait until more comes to light before you sound off?.....this is only the start...alot more to come....it's difficult for me to believe nobody has done this before

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are there, something like fifty ardent followers of this legend who have posted on this forum and others over the years? Multiply that number by ten to account for lurkers, paranoids and wild men in the hills and you might have about five hundred folks - worldwide - who are quite familiar with all the PSM lore, many of them radical believers, I presume. That's roughly the same number of active members in the Flat Earth Society. Go figure.

Your numbers are way off...hell, how many shows on Netflix ect. with this subject? Millions x however many...

Oso

May 26, 2015
Foothills of Supes
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just watched the video and found it very interesting and entertaining and wanting more; much more.

As far as Ryan and his mission, it is my opinion that he has done more with less in his 15 minutes than many others combined. I wish him luck and will follow his escapades as his research continues. In short, I find it fascinating.

It’s easy to sit here in air conditioned comfort and pontificate via a keyboard; it’s quite another thing to trek out in the Superstitions or drive a couple thousand miles round trip to acquire a long sought after document and relevant interviews. I say nice job Ryan and thanks for being so generous and sharing with us; please keep it coming.

Oso

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched the video and found it very interesting and entertaining and wanting more; much more.

As far as Ryan and his mission, it is my opinion that he has done more with less in his 15 minutes than many others combined. I wish him luck and will follow his escapades as his research continues. In short, I find it fascinating.

It’s easy to sit here in air conditioned comfort and pontificate via a keyboard; it’s quite another thing to trek out in the Superstitions or drive a couple thousand miles round trip to acquire a long sought after document and relevant interviews. I say nice job Ryan and thanks for being so generous and sharing with us; please keep it coming.

Oso

I found the 18 mines in 35 minutes........but ryan has some truly good vids.....

Just Saying there are a ton of searchers that dont share their findings, seeing as there is some serious competition in the mainstream.

Mines are numbered with a huge 5, 6, and 7 from the landscaped markers that are there in the hills overlooking a certain familiar area......they are so close to the tourists and they just dont know anything about them.....

These are clearly the mines spoken about in the Peralta Stones and the #7 mine.....is the Vault itself Waltz spoke about......

Have to look through the EYE of the Needle

eye of the needle.jpg

Number5CluseUpGroundScrapes.jpg

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Your numbers are way off...hell, how many shows on Netflix ect. with this subject? Millions x however many...
Those guys (YouTubers, Netflix subscribers, etc) are predominantly casual viewers, not participants. I'm referring to serious PSM believers, including folks who spend lots of time chasing circles in the Superstitions. Dozens, perhaps hundreds.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Those guys (YouTubers, Netflix subscribers, etc) are predominantly casual viewers, not participants. I'm referring to serious PSM believers, including folks who spend lots of time chasing circles in the Superstitions. Dozens, perhaps hundreds.

I am guessing between 30 & 35.

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Touche` amigo Hal,

If you think Joe is lead concerning his recollection of what the stones, the real stones, looked like you are very wrong. I have the benefit of the raw version of the taped interview which is about an hour long. If the short version gives you that impression I assure you the long version does not. He also has some very pungent advise for those that may doubt his, and other family members, remembrances. I have no doubt he is quite capable of taking up for himself.

As to encouraging others to post copies of their version of copies of Travis' work, you might want to look into recent copy write filings. Just saying. I'm not in a position to give advise on that and I don't think you are either. Your pockets deep enough to cover damages???

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Touche` amigo Hal,

If you think Joe is lead concerning his recollection of what the stones, the real stones, looked like you are very wrong. I have the benefit of the raw version of the taped interview which is about an hour long. If the short version gives you that impression I assure you the long version does not. He also has some very pungent advise for those that may doubt his, and other family members, remembrances. I have no doubt he is quite capable of taking up for himself.

As to encouraging others to post copies of their version of copies of Travis' work, you might want to look into recent copy write filings. Just saying. I'm not in a position to give advise on that and I don't think you are either. Your pockets deep enough to cover damages???

Well, since you have the benefit of the raw interview, I will take your word for it. It certainly didn't come across in the video, hence the comments. So, in your opinion, why would Ryan leave out something so important? There was nothing earth shattering in the video, why leave it out? Seems important and now that you tell us, a missed opportunity.

Copyright law and a personal opinion on a public treasure hunting form are two very different things unless, they are not, and my pants are pocket-less.
I am beginning to see your contribution to Ryan's project.
:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions