11th annual Dutch Hunters Rendezvous

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

I can only say that I wish you had a plane ticket. That is the only thing keeping you from being RIIIIIIIIICH! You found the Lost Dutchman and the Lost Wagoner Load!

Take Care - Mike

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

I can only say that I wish you had a plane ticket. That is the only thing keeping you from being RIIIIIIIIICH! You found the Lost Dutchman and the Lost Wagoner Load!

Take Care - Mike

Mike

But I am RICH . I have what really I need in this unpredictable life .

These mines could make somebody rich only if has the suitable connections and break the law . If I would choose between these two mines , i would choose the Wagoner's because is the same rich and is very easy to approach ( few hundred yards from a main trail )

I like your jokes , but I will keep my laughs for the end .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

I regret that Carolyn and I will be unable to attend this year's Rendezvous. Hope to see lots of pictures.

Take care,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
All,

I regret that Carolyn and I will be unable to attend this year's Rendezvous. Hope to see lots of pictures.

Take care,

Joe

Sorry to hear that and unfortunately Beth and I are not going to be able to attend this year either. Ditto on the photos, hope others will post a lot.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Roy ~ Oroblanco

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444235804.186145.jpg
We're all going!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Allo Beth /Roy Post office playing games ?

Yes, a newly promoted bureaucrat that refuses to honor vacation time requests done six months ago. There is a grievance filing possible but to resolve it would take longer than a month, way too late. So it is definitely out for this year. I sure wish we could, it would be great to see everyone again and the Saturday night
presentations should be very good, worth the effort to attend.

:coffee2: :coffee2:

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:( It wont be the same

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
:( It wont be the same

Thanks buddy but in one way at least, it might be better, at least you won't have to worry about which blade was the one used for toenail cleanings! :tongue3: I hope you have a great time and don't forget to get some photos?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

I recently found a copy of:

Book Description: Chronological History of the Superstition Wilderness Area, the Lost Dutchman Mine and the Adjacent Central Mountain Region. A chronological listing of associated prehistory and history from 300 B.C. to 2000 A.D. The book provides a detailed log of events. Presentation copy signed by Kollenborn. Tom Kollenborn, 1st edition, 1988, rev. 2000. Black cloth.

I purchased it from the bookstore with the express purpose of donating it to the Rendezvous' Saturday night raffle. Although we won't be attending this year, I will ask Dr. Glover to deliver it for the raffle.

This particular book was only available to libraries and not for sale to the public. Tom gave some of the books to friends and inscribed and signed a few. It's a rare find and a good source for historians of the area.

Like any good historian, Tom revises and updates his books as new information becomes available. That being said, some of every historian's stories will change over the years. I am more than grateful for the Kollenborn's friendship and support over the years we have been friends. Tom is the first person I turn to for accurate information on the history of the region.

Good luck to all,

Joe Ribaudo

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I may be there Friday afternoon/evening, 23rd.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Just got a call from Ryan Gorden. He and Frank are on their way to the Rendezvous. He has his drone with him. Should be fun. Dr. Glover was here last Sunday and picked up Tom's signed copy of: "Chronological History of the Superstition Wilderness Area, the Lost Dutchman Mine and the Adjacent Central Mountain Region". Whoever wins that book at the Saturday night raffle will have a very nice piece of history.

Sorry we will miss the event, first time in eleven years, but doing some business with the V.A. in Las Vegas Saturday afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great time.

Take care,

Joe & Carolyn

txtea

Nov 16, 2009
Awesome!
Unfortunately a sprained ankle and other problems kept me home this year. We are in the middle of all the rain from Patricia here in Texas.
Weather looks beautiful there at the Don's camp. Have fun everyone!

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
Okay, I went to the Peralta Trailhead last night, couldn't find a soul who knew where anyone was camping or gathering.
It was my Aunt's 82 bday and I was coming back from hanging out at the Magma Club in Superior, thought I would stop in...
Janiece/Gossamer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread