djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok everyone, it's that time again! The 11th annual Lost Dutch Hunters Rendezvous is coming up. The dates will be October 23rd - 25th at the Don's Camp, which can be found near the Peralta Trailhead on the South side of the Superstition Mountains. The gates will be unlocked Friday morning for you early birds.
Guest speakers are as follows:

Friday night
we will be doing something new. A Q&A with the stars of "Ice Cold Gold", the Feldman Brothers. They will be available for your questions about the show, as well as what they are up to these days, and their future. The brothers are co-owners of the famous Mammoth Mine in Goldfield as well as tour guides/packers of the OK Corral headquartered in the Goldfield Ghost Town.

Early
Saturday night we will have another Q&A session with the stars of "Legend of the Superstition Mountains",Wayne Tuttle, Frank Augustine and Woody Wampler. These gentlemen will be happy to discuss their experiences on the show, questions about the show in general, and anything else you can conjure up. Wayne has been an avid searcher of the Lost Dutchman mine for 40 years as well as co-organizer of the last 9 LDH Rendezvous. He was recently enlisted as a member of the Don's Club. Frank and Woody are members of the GPAA, as well as long time prospectors, who have actually found Gold in the Superstition Mountains.

Later
Saturday night Thomas Glover will be speaking about his new book. Thomas is always a delight as he brings new information not usually known to the public. He is a fantastic Author who has written some of the best books considering the Lost Dutchman mine and its history. We look forward to his talk, it's always a pleasure.

There are plenty of dispersed camping areas, so bring your tents or campers. We also have on site toilet facilities,though there is no running water. Please plan accordingly. The Don's of Arizona allow us to use the facility every year, all they ask is that we clean up and leave the place as we found it, or better. There are trash barrels on site.

We usually do a raffle of some sort. There will be an announcement at the beginning of Saturday nights talk regarding any raffle.

Food for Friday is tentative, I will make an announcement with details if and when this comes to be.

This will be a family friendly event. Service pets are welcome. Non service pets are asked to stay home in the interest of everyone who attends.

Thank everyone who has attended in the past to make this event an ongoing success! We look forward to seeing old faces, as well as many new faces this year! Please direct any questions about the event to Randy, email address is djui5 at
yahoo.com. See you in October!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Randy,

Sounds great. Hope all is well with you and the wife.

You might want to consider a bit of time for Ryan to discuss the new information/manuscript on the Stone Maps. Seems like a natural.

Good luck and take care,

Joe

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Joe. Wayne and I are discussing some other events for Saturday so next year might be better for that. Everything is fine here, I hope you and yours are well.

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randy,

Sounds great. Hope all is well with you and the wife.

You might want to consider a bit of time for Ryan to discuss the new information/manuscript on the Stone Maps. Seems like a natural.

Good luck and take care,

Joe
maybe he could talk some more about the boot heel?

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Djuicy. joe, there is just a small chance that I might make it this year, due to tha prodding of Oro de Tayopa. Gracias for the instructiones.

I hope you do!!

Matt is that aimed towards "I am the horse"? I have no clue what is meant by the boot heel, I'm out of the loop on the stone map thing.

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haters gotta hate I guess
hate is a very strong word and something i try to avoid.i may dislike or disagree with something, but i try not to hate.as for the guest speakers lined up. well i just think the whole group has nothing to offer to bring anyone closer to finding the LDM.
tell ya what tho.. i will stash a piece of ore prior to the rendezvous for someone to pick up... so who would be a good candidate?? i have a couple people in mind. that way at least there will be something new to talk about.. it wont be a primer for an upcoming book, or some television show, or video in general that has no information to offer..maybe the ore will bring a person a little closer to finding the LDM.this ore that i am going to stash isnt all bleached out from the sun and retains its rose color.
when has a person been known to come on here and stash a piece of ore worth thousands for a complete stranger to find??. like i said.. i am not spending a lifetime hauling it out. 3 trips was good enough for me.. this post does not belong in the rubber room as markmar thinks.i have begged and pleaded with a couple people to go to the location and were laughed at by both.. that is ok though.. after this rendezvous they will realize the mistake they have made.i WILL have the last laugh.. unless they have found the area.. if they have i say good for them.i am done with it myself.. too strenuous and not fun...money doesnt make my world go round. IATH

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
hate is a very strong word and something i try to avoid.i may dislike or disagree with something, but i try not to hate.as for the guest speakers lined up. well i just think the whole group has nothing to offer to bring anyone closer to finding the LDM.
tell ya what tho.. i will stash a piece of ore prior to the rendezvous for someone to pick up... so who would be a good candidate?? i have a couple people in mind. that way at least there will be something new to talk about.. it wont be a primer for an upcoming book, or some television show, or video in general that has no information to offer..maybe the ore will bring a person a little closer to finding the LDM.this ore that i am going to stash isnt all bleached out from the sun and retains its rose color.
when has a person been known to come on here and stash a piece of ore worth thousands for a complete stranger to find??. like i said.. i am not spending a lifetime hauling it out. 3 trips was good enough for me.. this post does not belong in the rubber room as markmar thinks.i have begged and pleaded with a couple people to go to the location and were laughed at by both.. that is ok though.. after this rendezvous they will realize the mistake they have made.i WILL have the last laugh.. unless they have found the area.. if they have i say good for them.i am done with it myself.. too strenuous and not fun...money doesnt make my world go round. IATH

I would honestly love to see that. Please, if at all possible, have someone record the moment.
Intriguing post.:thumbsup:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
hmmm - don't tell me you've got the Wagoner's gold? Where did you say it was again? *chuckles* just yankin' ya chain ...

loke...marius has already posted that he knows exactly where wagoners gold is

FEMF

Sep 10, 2009
WE'LL All BE THERE If THE TROPICAL TRAMP SHOW'S!

Djuicy. joe, there is just a small chance that I might make it this year, due to tha prodding of Oro de Tayopa. Gracias for the instructiones.

HELLO ROY
You get the Real Tramp to show up at the Rendezvous, and I'll see to it that all of us from north Phoenix show up this year!
Take care & be safe!
FEMF

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi buddy - have not had any luck with talking el Tropical Tramp Don Jose' into the rendezvous before, but will keep trying. :thumbsup:

FEMF

Sep 10, 2009
We Have Faith In Ya, Roy!

Hi buddy - have not had any luck with talking el Tropical Tramp Don Jose' into the rendezvous before, but will keep trying. :thumbsup:

You still have some time to work your magic Roy!
Take care & be safe, Roy!
FEMF

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Roy, I am very tempted to come to this event, just to meet you and any others of a great number of interesting people that I am sure will show up. Having Don Jose present would just about ice the cake for me.

JB

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose de Guacamole Y Cacaguates con el pepote de una leche malteada de chocolate,

I will make you a deal! If you go this year, I will make it a point to go too!

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
too many problems and misguided efforts for me to say positively yet Golly, but I wil let you know a bit later. smooch :laughing7::laughing7: he he.

:laughing7::laughing7: genuine Oro sock coffee.

The chocalate malt sounds good.

My first Spanish:

Cacaguates: Peanuts
Pepote: Straw
Una Leche Malteada de Chocolate: Chocolate Malted Milkshake

............................Later came all the bad words HAHAHA

ICK! No coffee in ANY form for me thanks. Fourteen years in the military, and I don't have tattoos or drink coffee.

Mike

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
too many problems and misguided efforts for me to say positively yet Golly, but I wil let you know a bit later. smooch :laughing7::laughing7: he he.

:laughing7::laughing7: genuine Oro sock coffee.

The chocalate malt sounds good.

Well I hope you are able to arrange it to make it even if only for one night. I look forward to seeing you again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread