Aerial Footage of the Superstition Mountains

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Wanted to share this clip of the Superstition Mountains and other areas of interest.

For those of you that own a drone, we've been doing research on the regulations. You are not allowed to land in, take off from, or operate the drone from within the Wilderness Boundaries. You are allowed to operate them outside of the Wilderness Area and fly in, per the Mesa Ranger Office. So for those of you that have a drone, get those birds in the air but remember to be respectful of other patrons or hikers.

There are no sponsors with this video or advertisements, so I am hoping the TNet community will enjoy it.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SGT, sure wish that I had one o those to play with up at Tayopa. There are some areas that take two days to check out on foot or 10 minutes with that drone. Some are impossible to check on foot or mule.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great footage Sarge! Really brings back a lot of childhood and teenage memories. :occasion14:

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
How the hell do you see where you going out that far? Does he have some kind of tv station in a 1986 chevy molester van he sits at?

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Simon, I kinda hate to think of the price fully equiped.

Yeh, I was looking them up, but hey, if I don't spend it the wife will. A few years ago, before drones entered the picture, I bought a radio controlled helicopter to mount a camera to. I was so concerned about crashing it that I spent almost as much on spare parts for when it did crash. I took it out of the box, admired it, then stuck it back in the box where it resides to this day. If I get a drone, it probably will be a few months to build up the courage to try and fly it. I could just see you with one Don Jose, dive bombing all those chickens and lizards. Once again, you would be dangerous. :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:, well, come to think of it, you probably haven't stopped being dangerous. :dontknow:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you sir, he must do a good job of flying cause you can still "smile" :icon_thumleft:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just like I pictured it in my Remote Viewing session!

Great work!

Now go check out those caverns and nooks by foot.

Should only take a couple of years!

He flew right by the rock with the "ORO 1847" scratched in it I found a few years back while looking for the lost Rendezvous!

That's a way better drone then I have. I bet it even returns on it's own when the battery gets low. Nice footage. I saw some Thunters hiding up there in that one shot. Na, wait a minute, it was just an old Treasure Hunter playing with his gold nuggets and the loose panties he found up there!

Makes a person dizzy with envy!

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Scenery looked beautiful from up in the air. No doubt, some nitwit or drug dealer will try and take a potshot at his $1,500.00+ drone. Heaven help them when you guys ascend upon them for it. Nice job guys ! And the aerial view of that medicine wheel was nice as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread