The Brownie Holmes Manuscript

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Wayne

Is clear how we are talking about two different " miniature hidden valley " . I believe your " window rock " clue , is depicted in one of Polka maps .
I posted many times this picture but I post it one more time to show you the " miniature hidden valley " which I believe Waltz was talking .

Hidden valley.JPG

Is the same region from the aerial picture .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And something else . The picture above was took from the red arrow direction . Is the only angle from where somebody could see the arch .

hidden valley (1).jpg

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius:

There are many "window rocks" out there, one of which is likely that mentioned by Waltz.
"Hidden valleys too", both small and large. Probably meaning hidden from the trail below, as was his mine.
But I don't think he ever mentioned an "arch", did he ?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne

Waltz have not mentioned about any " arch " ( is named this by me ) but he mentioned in the German clues about a peak/mountain with a hole ( ein loch ).
I would like to read the Walktz clue about the " window rock " .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew Roberts

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends,

I will no longer be posting on the LDM Forum(s).
My account here will be closed shortly. While away I had numerous emails from many of you and I have tried to return all of them. I hope I answered all your questions satisfactorily and I understand why you choose not to get involved in the conversations here on line.

I am turning my full attention now toward actually finding the LDM and will be in the mountains for an extended period later this month and early next year.
For those who have been following I will continue to keep up my Facebook page on the Lost Dutchman Mine and Arizona History at:

Matthew Roberts Huntington Beach, Ca.

The page is public, nothing there to sell or buy, no advertisements, just lots of great LDM and Arizona information, articles and photos.

Thanks to all my friends here for the support and kind words!

Matthew

Last edited by a moderator:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthew,

A shame to lose you posting here. A great wealth of knowledge that will be missed.

Mike

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthew

Good luck in your research . Always I have considered you my friend .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To avoid a repeat of the past with posts and threads being deleted Matthew Roberts has been locked out till admins can address issue...The deletion of posts and threads by members wanting to close their account leaves huge holes in the forums...

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
To avoid a repeat of the past with posts and threads being deleted Matthew Roberts has been locked out till admins can address issue...The deletion of posts and threads by members wanting to close their account leaves huge holes in the forums...

TH,

Seems like a reasonable, prudent thing to do. Many people here have entered into conversations and debates with Matthew in the past and found his posts to be deleted, along with entire topics he had started. Many of us are in the habit of quoting him on a regular basis, precisely for the express purpose of preserving the continuity of threads where we, and others, were serious about the discussion.

However it turns out, I believe you have done the right thing.

Thank you,

Joe Ribaudo

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other

I hope this applies to all members and not just Mr. Roberts; until TN can decide.

Otherwise it would be unfair.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope this applies to all members and not just Mr. Roberts; until TN can decide.

Otherwise it would be unfair.

It applies to any member announcing they are closing their account and who have a history of deleting their posts and threads...

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
It applies to any member announcing they are closing their account and who have a history of deleting their posts and threads...

Yeah that's what I thought; no wonder he left who could blame him. Well back to same old BS from the same old BSs.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that's what I thought; no wonder he left who could blame him. Well back to same old BS from the same old BSs.
It is his choice to leave, he is under same rules as all others.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Friends,

I will no longer be posting on the LDM Forum(s).
My account here will be closed shortly. While away I had numerous emails from many of you and I have tried to return all of them. I hope I answered all your questions satisfactorily and I understand why you choose not to get involved in the conversations here on line.

I am turning my full attention now toward actually finding the LDM and will be in the mountains for an extended period later this month and early next year.
For those who have been following I will continue to keep up my Facebook page on the Lost Dutchman Mine and Arizona History at:

Matthew Roberts Huntington Beach, Ca.

The page is public, nothing there to sell or buy, no advertisements, just lots of great LDM and Arizona information, articles and photos.

Thanks to all my friends here for the support and kind words!

Matthew

Sorry to see you go Matthew, hope you will continue to share your knowledge of history. Since you likely won't be here, wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, (in case you are reading this, won't be another chance to say those things) and hope you will change your mind. It is always more interesting when history can be discussed, than just a one-way type of monologue. New points may be examined, details brought up and things not thought of can arise in a discussion that will never happen in a one-way presentation sort of thing, regardless of any disagreements which should not have any effect on friendships anyway. As has been brought up, how dull our discussions would quickly become, if we simply all agreed on everything! Good luck and good hunting, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.

Roy A. Decker ~ Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I see that Matthew has been taken off the banned list. Like many others here, I hope he will return to posting. Matthew has a tremendous amount of historical knowledge to add to almost any topic dealing with the Superstition Mountains.

The direction of the LDM topic here is taking a turn that many of us will not follow.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread