Stone Maps Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I still can't fathom how anyone believes in this "peralta stone" bull

Hooch is that a serious question? If so, then perhaps it will help to understand that it is possible to find landmarks (real ones) that match the markings on the Peralta stone maps. They are real maps, you can prove it beyond any doubt if you just go do some hiking, you will find monuments and markers at the places where the map indicates you should find them. But no one has found the 'pot o gold' at the end of the rainbow, which raises questions. Did someone find the treasure and remove it, long ago, and then threw away the stone maps that later would be found? Or are they just a modern fraud?

Even if they are a modern work (and there is evidence to point that way) then it is still possible that they could lead to a treasure worth millions of dollars. As in the lost artwork of a very famous Arizona artist named Ettore "Ted" DeGrazia. When he learned that his family would be taxed millions of dollars for inheritance tax when he died, in protest he packed up most of his paintings and took them into the Superstition mountains and burned them, rather than have his heirs be forced to sell everything just to pay the inheritance tax.

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/09/18/arts/ettore-degrazia-73-burned-paintings-to-protest-taxes.html

The kicker is that he almost certainly did NOT burn the real paintings, as he filmed the burning for the IRS, instead he probably hid them in some secret hiding place in the Superstition mountains that he loved, and left cryptic clues to help someone find them one day. The Peralta stone maps MAY show the way to find that stash which is today worth millions $$$$$$$$$.

Anyway you don't need to be convinced, no one is going to try to coax you into going along to search using the Peralta stone maps, however it is a certainty that only those that will search, have any chance to ever find anything. Just the fact that they are going out hunting and looking, greatly increases the chances that they just mind find SOMETHING valuable, while people that sit at home and sneer at others for going out treasure hunting based on "horseshit" will never find anything sitting at home. Just something to consider, and perhaps one other thing, you are certainly welcome to your opinion about this, I don't intend to try to change your mind as I do not believe in the stone maps (or 99% of all treasure maps that have been in public circulation, so amigos don't start throwing 'stones' at me for not trusting in the Peralta stone maps) but if you keep an open mind, you might find it interesting, perhaps even interesting enough to go on a 'wild goose chase' yourself. What would you stand to lose, to go spend a couple of weeks exploring in some of the most beautiful country in the US, and the world for that matter, the Superstition mountains?

Something definitely happened in that mysterious range of rugged mountains, that is not recorded in history books. There is simply too much evidence that some kind of events took place there to ignore it. There are even other lost mines to hunt for in the same area, and at least two treasures that I know of which have never been found (one a stage robbery loot, another a cache of valuable rifles) so even if you have zero interest in the stone maps, you just might find something great. Think it over some time amigo, you might have a blast. Good to see you posting again, have not seen any of your posts in some time Hooch, hope you have simply been too busy digging up treasures.

Wishing you and everyone reading this a very Happy and prosperous New Year, good luck and good hunting - and I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Last edited by a moderator:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Even if nothing is found, there are some beautiful hikes to be had out there.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hooch is that a serious question? If so, then perhaps it will help to understand that it is possible to find landmarks (real ones) that match the markings on the Peralta stone maps. They are real maps, you can prove it beyond any doubt if you just go do some hiking, you will find monuments and markers at the places where the map indicates you should find them. But no one has found the 'pot o gold' at the end of the rainbow, which raises questions. Did someone find the treasure and remove it, long ago, and then threw away the stone maps that later would be found? Or are they just a modern fraud?

Even if they are a modern work (and there is evidence to point that way) then it is still possible that they could lead to a treasure worth millions of dollars. As in the lost artwork of a very famous Arizona artist named Ettore "Ted" DeGrazia. When he learned that his family would be taxed millions of dollars for inheritance tax when he died, in protest he packed up most of his paintings and took them into the Superstition mountains and burned them, rather than have his heirs be forced to sell everything just to pay the inheritance tax.

Ettore DeGrazia, 73, Burned Paintings to Protest Taxes - NYTimes.com

The kicker is that he almost certainly did NOT burn the real paintings, as he filmed the burning for the IRS, instead he probably hid them in some secret hiding place in the Superstition mountains that he loved, and left cryptic clues to help someone find them one day. The Peralta stone maps MAY show the way to find that stash which is today worth millions $$$$$$$$$.

Anyway you don't need to be convinced, no one is going to try to coax you into going along to search using the Peralta stone maps, however it is a certainty that only those that will search, have any chance to ever find anything. Just the fact that they are going out hunting and looking, greatly increases the chances that they just mind find SOMETHING valuable, while people that sit at home and sneer at others for going out treasure hunting based on "horseshit" will never find anything sitting at home. Just something to consider, and perhaps one other thing, you are certainly welcome to your opinion about this, I don't intend to try to change your mind as I do not believe in the stone maps (or 99% of all treasure maps that have been in public circulation, so amigos don't start throwing 'stones' at me for not trusting in the Peralta stone maps) but if you keep an open mind, you might find it interesting, perhaps even interesting enough to go on a 'wild goose chase' yourself. What would you stand to lose, to go spend a couple of weeks exploring in some of the most beautiful country in the US, and the world for that matter, the Superstition mountains?

Something definitely happened in that mysterious range of rugged mountains, that is not recorded in history books. There is simply too much evidence that some kind of events took place there to ignore it. There are even other lost mines to hunt for in the same area, and at least two treasures that I know of which have never been found (one a stage robbery loot, another a cache of valuable rifles) so even if you have zero interest in the stone maps, you just might find something great. Think it over some time amigo, you might have a blast. Good to see you posting again, have not seen any of your posts in some time Hooch, hope you have simply been too busy digging up treasures.

Wishing you and everyone reading this a very Happy and prosperous New Year, good luck and good hunting - and I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Oroblanco,

I did the suggested reading and honestly don't get it. Would you mind posting or PMing your understanding of the conclusions made?
Thank you.

Old,
Nice work.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
If you haven't already done so you may want to check out "another" site for some interesting revelations concerning the ongoing research into the origin and history of the stone maps.

Enjoy,

Lynda

Yeah, it's interesting all right, but as I've said for years - Travis's life and accomplishments notwithstanding - what interests me is all about Pegleg.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I still can't fathom how anyone believes in this "peralta stone" bull.

hooch,

I feel your pain.
Would it change your mind if someone could demonstrate an actual historical connection between the Peralta family and the Superstitions?

:read2:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal,

No it would not change hooch's mind. I have seen many people come and go in these topics. When someone chimes in with declarative statements like "I FOUND" "I SOLVED" "Story is a fake" "Its all BS" etc etc etc, their minds are made up one way or the other. No amount of research or evidence you try and show them, they have no interest in learning, just wanting to add their two cents. I learned a long time ago, there was no need in trying to educate someone that didn't want to learn.

When a new face shows up asking questions, they are typically wanting to learn something new. Save your evidence for them.

Mike

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

No it would not change hooch's mind. I have seen many people come and go in these topics. When someone chimes in with declarative statements like "I FOUND" "I SOLVED" "Story is a fake" "Its all BS" etc etc etc, their minds are made up one way or the other. No amount of research or evidence you try and show them, they have no interest in learning, just wanting to add their two cents. I learned a long time ago, there was no need in trying to educate someone that didn't want to learn.

When a new face shows up asking questions, they are typically wanting to learn something new. Save your evidence for them.

Mike

gollum,

I have been corresponding with one of the decedents of Don Juan de Peralta (soldier) and now have most of the family tree. What is clear is that MANY members of this branch believe that Don Juan was granted land for service to the crown. Don Juan's wife Maria petitioned the court for recognition of the Baton Rouge, LA grant just after the Louisiana purchase (1803ish) with no success. Don Juan's descendants formed a group and tried again in the 1950's but it fizzled in the courts.

Allegedly, one of the Peralta grants was for land in today's Arizona which, obviously would have been under Mexican control until the mid 1800's. If this grant can be defined, it may establish the connection we are looking for. Easier said than done because the supporting documents went missing during the war of 1861-65.

Take a look at this Confederate banknote signed by Juan Hortaire Peralta, the state auditor and grandson of Don Juan De Peralta.

Peralta note.jpg

Last edited:

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have no idea where her "revelations" are. Maybe she could shed some more light on this.
What is weird is that while I was looking at this tread, Chestnut Mare came on the radio (103.1) I was listening to at the same time.
Probably just a coincidence.

AJones

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oroblanco,

I did the suggested reading and honestly don't get it. Would you mind posting or PMing your understanding of the conclusions made?
Thank you.

Old,
Nice work.

Not to answer for Roy, but..

There are many that hold what they perceive to be the Horse/Witch stone to be fake, and there is certainly good reason for them doing so- an example being the cartoonish horse on front- and we all know DeGrazia was an artist who was easily capable of doing something like that. Also the hat of the figure that most consider to be a witch does bear resemblance to the hats that are sometimes found in DeGrazia's painting:

DeGrazia+Navajo-Family.jpg

View attachment DeGrazia Navajo Night Chant.bmp

So it's not entirely inconceivable or out of the question that DeGrazia may have created the Horse/Witch stone and slipped it in along with the rest of the Stone Maps either as a personal joke, or as a clue for where he hid his paintings in the Superstitions.

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Not to answer for Roy, but..

There are many that hold what they perceive to be the Horse/Witch stone to be fake, and there is certainly good reason for them doing so- an example being the cartoonish horse on front- and we all know DeGrazia was an artist who was easily capable of doing something like that. Also the hat of the figure that most consider to be a witch does bear resemblance to the hats that are sometimes found in DeGrazia's painting:

View attachment 1253033

View attachment 1253034

So it's not entirely inconceivable or out of the question that DeGrazia may have created the Horse/Witch stone and slipped it in along with the rest of the Stone Maps either as a personal joke, or as a clue for where he hid his paintings in the Superstitions.

deducer,
I read the revelations and according to the author, all the stones except for the small white collection were carved by Travis. That would essentially eliminate Ted's involvement. Honestly, there is some decent work here but once again, the conclusions and reasoning are very difficult to follow. As I read it, Peg-legs map (ground map) was used to find the small white stones. To keep people guessing and confused, and for profit, Travis carved up to five sets of stone maps, none of any particular value.

If this is correct, Mrs. Tumlinson intentionally sold a set of fake stones to CM and the Tumlinson's (the family) allowed an intentional fraud to go unchallenged for years.

Did that really happen?

According to those connected to Ted work, that conical hat was worn by Navajo holy men.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer,
I read the revelations and according to the author, all the stones except for the small white collection were carved by Travis. That would essentially eliminate Ted's involvement. Honestly, there is some decent work here but once again, the conclusions and reasoning are very difficult to follow. As I read it, Peg-legs map (ground map) was used to find the small white stones. To keep people guessing and confused, and for profit, Travis carved up to five sets of stone maps, none of any particular value.

If this is correct, Mrs. Tumlinson intentionally sold a set of fake stones to CM and the Tumlinson's (the family) allowed an intentional fraud to go unchallenged for years.

Did that really happen?

According to those connected to Ted work, that conical hat was worn by Navajo holy men.

As there is no clear-cut proof as to the authorship of the stones, DeGrazia's involvement cannot be ruled out.

Travis has been said to have carved the stones, but no proof there either.

There are many plausible solutions to the stones and what they represent. It makes for quite an interesting puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread