Lost Pippinwhitepaws over the holidays. Hope ok to post.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I normally don't post private things but I had a phone call from Dons sister in Colorado. For all of you who knew him, he passed on De 28th. He went peacefully and not in pain.. Anyone that has questions can pm or call just pm me for my number. His sister gave me permission to post for them. He was cremated as per his wishes and will be brought to Az.

If this is out of place mods remove then.

Pippin was known for his abrasive words at time, but was still a great person, a vet, (Army), and a friend to some of us on here.
Just wanted people to know.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear that,i liked to read what he had to say,ill miss his posts and comments.he was a good one.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted here in forever, but someone told me about Donald's passing and Roadrunner's post here. I'm so sorry to hear of Donald's passing. I'm glad I got a chance to meet him and talk a few years ago. He was an interesting person to say the least and like Roadrunner said, he may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but you could always count on him to be straight with you no matter what and I enjoyed having discussions with him online.

I wish I would have found the time to go exploring with him in the Sierra Ancha's looking for Native American ruins like we planned. He'll be missed.

Paul

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm happy that I had a chance to meet him and speak with him. Made possible by the annual Lost Dutchman Rendezvous.
He shared with us a wonderful sense of humor and personal integrity. RIP Donald......Wayne S.

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes he was one of the good ones, told it like he saw it. Godspeed my friend, hopefully we can get together and give him a proper farewell.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never got to meet PWP, we pm'd back and forth many times. I've thought of him often since he left tnet, and always as a friend.
It's nice to hear all the kind words, from those of you, that did have that pleasure.
Peace be, PWP.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Matt,

Donald Peterson and I were bitter enemies when we first clashed on Feldman's Forum. A few years ago, I made the effort to end that and we became cautious friends. After inviting him to the Rendezvous for a few years, he finally showed up. We gave each other a hug and said we were sorry for our warfare of words. Donald gave me a Native American rattle at that first meeting, and later a signed copy of a book his professor from NAU had written. I know it was a treasure to him. Susan Deeds had this to say: "Donald Peterson was a Master's student in NAU's History program years ago, and I was his advisor." She added, "He was very intelligent". I know they became good friends.

Sandy called me tonight with the sad news that he had passed away in late December. She thanked me for introducing them and said they had exchanged many phone call over the last few years. It was exactly what the Rendezvous was created for. They were, I believe, kindred souls.

I am saddened by Donald's passing, and wish him God Speed.

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
roadrunner

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Joe, glad she got a hold of you. When I called her she wanted your phone number to call you since you introduced them.
The sister in Colorado sounded to me un sure of what to do.
So Sandy thought of maybe the sister sending her or me the remains and we having a little service at the dons camp, Sandy playing the Indian flute and such as she and Donald and whomever else was there for Donald's mother.
Seeing as how de did not have much family that we know of, at least he can have his friends send him off.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Donald makin new friends at the Rendezvous:

Donald Peterson with Ralph and Frank.

This Native American prayer would have been appreciated by Donald:

I give you this one thought to keep--I am with you still-- I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the gentle Autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush, I am the swift, uplifting rush.

Of quiet birds in circled flight, I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not think of me as gone--I am with you still--in each new dawn.

Donald's friend Sandy:

Pippinwhitepaws was Donald's best friend. Like all pups, he gave him unconditional love. Something he was looking for his entire life.

Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
roadrunner

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Excellent pictures Joe,thanks for sharing.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences to all his friends, and family. Always enjoyed his posts, vaya con Dios Amigo.

Homar

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Donald makin new friends at the Rendezvous:

Donald Peterson with Ralph and Frank.

This Native American prayer would have been appreciated by Donald:

I give you this one thought to keep--I am with you still-- I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the gentle Autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush, I am the swift, uplifting rush.

Of quiet birds in circled flight, I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not think of me as gone--I am with you still--in each new dawn.

Donald's friend Sandy:

Pippenwhitepaws was Donald's best friend. Like all pups, he gave him unconditional love. Something he was looking for his entire life.

Joe

Donald was my friend. He the old hippy and I the old cop. We hit it off right from the start. I'll miss him.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
So sorry to hear this, and agree with what everyone has said. Pippinwhitepaws was one of the good guys, and he will be missed. Godspeed Donald,
Roy

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never knew Donald, all I can do is offer a prayer and a minute of silence ( ).

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Joe, Donald and I started off at each others throats. After we finally met face-to-face where? THE RENDEZVOUS! We became friendly. We never had any issues after we first met in person. Take Care Donald.

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally don't post private things but I had a phone call from Dons sister in Colorado. For all of you who knew him, he passed on De 28th. He went peacefully and not in pain.. Anyone that has questions can pm or call just pm me for my number. His sister gave me permission to post for them. He was cremated as per his wishes and will be brought to Az.

If this is out of place mods remove then.

Pippin was known for his abrasive words at time, but was still a great person, a vet, (Army), and a friend to some of us on here.
Just wanted people to know.

Roadrunner, your thread is fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread