Superstition People, Places, & Things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, IPUK, I appreciate those kind words.

In reality, if I was sitting at a table with a man as interesting as InjunBro, with as much historical information and personal knowledge as he has demonstrated, and a Brit from the depth of history of that homeland and the natural verbal skills which I know all you Brits possess, ...I'm sure you would find me quite dull. :occasion14:

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLEASE ERNIE, INJUNBRO IS A THIEVING, LOW DOWN HORSE STEALING, BUSH WHACKING APACHE, NOT A NOBLE MOHICAN. :laughing7: join injunbro and I for a :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Last edited:

Injunbro

Oct 8, 2011
SE Arizoa
IPUK, Earnie, Don Jose... ain't you folks afraid you'll make me self-centered, stuck up & arrogant calling me "interesting", "knowledgeable" & even "A THIEVING, LOW DOWN HORSE STEALING, BUSH WHACKING APACHE, NOT A NOBLE MOHICAN"??? Wow! I'm humbled! Why here I thought I was just a sweet-natured, gentleman, halfbreed that hugs children, helps little old ladies across the street, pets dogs, seldom kicks cats & opens doors for wimmenfolks! I ain't gonna have to confess to sheep stealing or admit the ingredients to Mexican Stew has anything to do w/ missing Mexicans am I?

Injunbro

Oct 8, 2011
SE Arizoa
Injunbro

May I ask you , when one Hataali die and is buried in a cave/vault , the tradition is his head to lie to the north , and after , if members of his family will be buried in the same cave , their heads will lie to the south ?

No, Hataali or not, if possible the dead face east, towards the sunrise. Caves are the preferred burial place but not enough always available some are buried in crevasses & some covered w/ stones. I suppose you're referring to the sacred cave in the Superstitions but the Hataali graves aren't exactly in that cave but nearby. Out of respect to them I won't give any closer description of the exact location. Cochise was a Chief, not a Hataali, & is buried in facing east in a crevasse along w/ his favorite horse, dog, Sharps & Henry rifles & a .44 Colt. I don't know the exact spot but won't give anymore details to that grave either.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
No, Hataali or not, if possible the dead face east, towards the sunrise. Caves are the preferred burial place but not enough always available some are buried in crevasses & some covered w/ stones. I suppose you're referring to the sacred cave in the Superstitions but the Hataali graves aren't exactly in that cave but nearby. Out of respect to them I won't give any closer description of the exact location. Cochise was a Chief, not a Hataali, & is buried in facing east in a crevasse along w/ his favorite horse, dog, Sharps & Henry rifles & a .44 Colt. I don't know the exact spot but won't give anymore details to that grave either.

Same description I heard about Mangas Coloradas' final resting place - except for his head, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread