Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just like fishing in Arizona. You always throw back the bars for the next guy. That's the only legal way you can do it. Oh course it all up to you to police yourself when doing it. :goldbar::laughing7:

sgt the hole is already there, just got to remove the top, then a rope would come in handy....
I've taken ropes down pitch black shafts before (just don't go to the bottom, snakes).

I could hand up the bars, then you can test your locators over the bars?

If they're gold, take pictures & throw them back in the hole & apply for a treasure trove permit?

OMG that's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who is ever going to throw gold bars back in a hole???

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it!!.................we'll send Mike in the shaft with the locator & we'll take the pictures while he hands up the gold bars!!

I'm sure he'll trust us to be there when he's done hauling up the gold?

Park rangers coming by saying " why is there a big, bulging type man in a mine shaft? "

Carrol, just set it up like a dead fall trap and have Mike walk over it and fall into a pile of gold bars then film his reaction. Of course have a large crane with some Vasoline on standby for his extraction if he wants to exit the Glory hole. If he indicates that he wants to come up just have him hand the gold up first. But don't forget to extract him before you go or you may have a teed off greasy vasolated mole on your hands! You do know if he sees all that gold at once the bulge won't be his belly right?

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
That's it!!.................we'll send Mike in the shaft with the locator & we'll take the pictures while he hands up the gold bars!!

I'm sure he'll trust us to be there when he's done hauling up the gold?

Park rangers coming by saying " why is there a big, bulging type man in a mine shaft? "

why is there always snakes at the bottom of these gold caches? I remember, years ago, when we were trying to remove this god forsaken iron door some ******* put in a cave inside the estrellas, we get down this 80 foot shaft and at the bottom, nothing but rattlesnakes. How'd they get in there? Guess it doesn't really matter right?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why is there always snakes at the bottom of these gold caches? I remember, years ago, when we were trying to remove this god forsaken iron door some ******* put in a cave inside the estrellas, we get down this 80 foot shaft and at the bottom, nothing but rattlesnakes. How'd they get in there? Guess it doesn't really matter right?

Maybe the buzztails came in by the "other" entrance. You know, the entrance with all the gold bars you missed? HAHAHA

Mike

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
...blah ...

Now you are actually on to one point that may help someone to find the mine, which mine you keep implying never existed. Why would anyone bother to look for ironwood stumps to help locate a myth? It is correct that desert ironwood has very limited areas where it is found. Have you figured out what that limiting factor is, as to why desert ironwood trees are not found over a wider area? That tiny detail is also a bit of information that could help narrow down the search area. Of course we do not know how far the ironwood logs were hauled to the mine, was it a hundred yards or ten miles?

Seriously ... what sort of fool was this guy? All manner of supposed effort to hide could have been been far more advantageously employed in harvesting another 50 pounds of gold (well ... if some super rich deposit was actually at hand).

And then just how far would anyone be willing to haul these logs under the constraints of the day? After harvesting them by hand, and then all that landscaping to boot! Get real. If there was a mine and it was buried by some old fool with ironwood the logs came from nearby.

Then consider the sheer audacity of burying a mine in that sort of way to begin with. What a chore it would be to get in there again, and now you would have a real obvious location. Mine or no mine - it was probably not buried like that, and certainly not with logs sourced from afar. My ascertain stands. If you believe such a mine exists (unlikely) and that it was buried utilizing ironwood logs (even less likely logically), they came from nearby and that limits the possible locations (Simple logic.). Regardless any far fetched possibilities you want to conjure up.

Fabricate anything you like, but my point is clear. If you wish to address my point, have at it.
That small detail helps keep anyone from finding the mine. An even bigger problem is the mixture of different and unrelated lost mine stories, which has treasure hunters searching for an impossible site that never did exist because they are looking for a mix of information from different places, different mines. On the other hand, if you have been sorting out and separating the information, as for example the detail about the two pits about 75 feet apart, really relates to a different mine belonging to Waltz and not the lost mine - assuming you are doing this step, you may stand a better chance to actually find one of the mines of this legend.

If you want the source for the ironwood logs detail, check Sims Ely's book The Lost Dutchman Mine, if memory serves it is in that as well as at least one other source. J.D. Mitchell, perhaps? You can find it, I have faith in you. :thumbsup:

:coffee2: :coffee2:

A book written in 1992 is hardly a source for a supposed event a hundred years prior. What was his claim in the book, upon which you rely?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SDC,but you can only use your larger coils in clear areas, while the two box units have a brush bucking ability. That was the porblem with the old Gardner.an almost perfect off resonance machine otherwise.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be Superstitious , is only magic . Maybe the Witch don't want another one with Google Earth skills .:tongue3:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BlackLine

Your deleted video was interesting . I believe that site with the rock steps is worth to investigate . But the hard in this project is how you have to do it yourself .Don't share spots that will can make other people rich . They very quickly will forget you .
So , don't post the same video again . Just collect info and make your own theory about what are you interested for . After go there to see if your theory is accurate .
Also , in your video , you have found something very remarkable . You have recognized in the fields the Padre map which shows a treasure site . This site is also known as "Walter Perrine's cave of gold " story . You are the second who recognized this site in GE after me .

Be careful and good luck .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is time for a real hunt .

SDC11622.JPG

Ponteach

Feb 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Questions to the old ones here, what if somebody find the mine of Mr. waltz, the lost dutchman wont be lost anymore and the legend will end, what would happen then, and also how to deal with the finding of the mine is there somebody that is able to claim the mine , perhaps somebody from the peralta familly or Mr. Waltz descendent.
thanks for the answers
Mario

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ponteach

I am not the older one here but I can answer to your questions .
In accordance to Waltz clues , the mine is in the Superstitions Wilderness Area , so nobody can claim this mine . There are not records how this mine belonged to anybody , so the mine will belongs unofficially to whom find it , until will come another dude to jump in .
And , if somebody will find the LDM , I believe the life will be continued and nobody will heard of this event .

Ponteach

Feb 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you Marius
Even in state park there is some company's that extract minerals with some special permit, perhaps must mean that somebody is able to get one, if you can prove that there is gold there, i guess, since Peralta's got gold for 88 years and Waltz got some for 20 year, and nobody found the place since 125 years, the mine produced for 108 years the chance are very strong that there is some gold today in that place dont you think.

mario

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mario

I believe there is some gold left in that place . I say that place because i believe how the Peralta's mine and LDM is two different mines but very close each other .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
thank you Marius
Even in state park there is some company's that extract minerals with some special permit, perhaps must mean that somebody is able to get one, if you can prove that there is gold there, i guess, since Peralta's got gold for 88 years and Waltz got some for 20 year, and nobody found the place since 125 years, the mine produced for 108 years the chance are very strong that there is some gold today in that place dont you think.

mario

Mario,

There are only treasure trove permits allowed in the Wilderness Area. Mines do not fall under that law.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Ponteach

Feb 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Joe
I will try to be more specific, in the case of Jacob Waltz would you consider the man had a mine, a cave, some holes or even a cache, a pit, a shaft, and what if the old man wrote is name beside the holes, then it would be consider as a treasure that somebody hide years ago, i think.
regards Mario

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread