The Tumlinson Diary

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
SDC ya got it, the Caballo mtns. :laughing7:

Well, it sure seems like the Horse Map points there. What about the Priest Map on the reverse side, carved in the same cartoon style? I have no idea if it's related to the Horse Map. As I mentioned earlier, it's alleged that Pegleg Tumlinson had lots of maps. Now it's strongly alleged that Travis Tumlinson had access to these maps and carved the "Peralta Stone Maps", of which the Horse/Priest stone is one. If this set of carved stones is some sort of hoax or diversion, it makes sense that Travis may have used information from several maps to confuse people. Something from this map, something from that map, something totally fabricated. Who knows?

OP
OP
S

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
The Way

Hello N.P.

Good to know you are still out there. Hope things are well with you and yours. Folks could learn at lot from you. At least I have. Just passing threw the looking glass for a short stay. Seems Alice is ok for at least a while.

May the stars keep you safe.

Hello Sarge,

Is it time to throw Shade under the bus? Maybe maybe not but he does seem to be holding on but just barely. I wonder if Mr. Shade meant another Tumlinson? After all he does not mention a first name and his comments are pretty specific that Ray Howland found the saddle bag with a diary in it. Would seem that is a lot of detail for someone spinning a tale. Let`s see believe it was Hal who did an extensive look at the family. Perhaps he could give us a run down of likely candidates and if they exist maybe the family would know whether or not they were literate. For some reason the names Joseph, Peter, and Thomas come to mind. I am assuming your information that Peg Leg was not a man of letters came from Texas.

Such a diary would be quite the find. Imagine it would speak to specific mines perhaps a cluster in the vicinity of Pistol Canyon and of course Malaipi and north to the Salt River. Suspect locations in the eastern Superstitions would be mentioned. Could be quite interesting if the diary surfaced later on. Might cause quite the stir. Some how this reminds me what an attorney friend was always saying, never ask a question you do not already know the answer to.

Not having a ticket to see the Barn Map it is difficult to speak directly about it. If it does incorporate a star chart in a location map that would be quite the find. Hard to understand why such a map would be in a barn. Could be there because it was not understood. Makes sense to me. Assuming the map is authentic my bet is it`s origin is probably Mediterranean. My guess is somewhere near Lebanon. Imagine the map may very well use Greek Symbols and perhaps be accompanied by another map that I suspect our friends in Texas do not have a clue as to its meaning. Such a map might point to mining operations and show such things as Circlestone and locations on the Colorado River. Hopefully nothing else. Of course figuring out the when would be important if not fundamental. Depending on scale the map could speak to trail systems in the Superstitions or if the scale is larger might even speak to a route going west to the Pacific and from there to India. This was a route used by folks from the Mediterranean in ancient times to get to the southwest if you wanted to well keep things quite. Just briefly. The original discovery stones should be in the Smithsonian or another relevant library.8-) Hopefully once the carnival closes down would be the right thing to do.

Gentlemen:

The comments regarding the H/P Map are fascinating. Travis must have had quite the library to create such a map. But then again maybe he didn`t even though our learned friends point out the letters on the map prove Travis did it. Perhaps things are not really that simple. I would have never thought of New Mexico. Imagine our Wizard was quite the person. Then again he did create a map that both reveals and conceals at the same time. Quite the feat.

Almost forgot the Trail Maps. I claimed the Trail Maps even though they are incomplete can show you the way to Horse Mesa. Just consider they show the same basic area of the range. Just from different perspectives. Find the Salt River, Fish Creek Canyon, and Black Crosse Butte and eveything falls into place. Just keep in mind that the first map starts north of the salt river and connects to the second map in a rather unique way. Jim Hyatt was so very, very close.

And the small stones? Those could be a real hoot if ever figured out. Suspect all of this was actually found together. Too bad Bill Hidden is not available. His insights would be invaluable. But then again who really was Bill Hidden? Imagine Travis knew.

Starman

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill, they refer to the Caballos, we established that some time ago. ( at least the horses head does, along with the wording )

That name came into use with Zebulon Pike's 1806 report. Before the 19th century, the range was known as either "Sierra Las Peneulas" or "El Perrillo Sierra" (named after water sources on Jornada del Muerto).

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Hello N.P.

Good to know you are still out there. Hope things are well with you and yours. Folks could learn at lot from you. At least I have. Just passing threw the looking glass for a short stay. Seems Alice is ok for at least a while.

May the stars keep you safe.

Hello Sarge,

Is it time to throw Shade under the bus? Maybe maybe not but he does seem to be holding on but just barely. I wonder if Mr. Shade meant another Tumlinson? After all he does not mention a first name and his comments are pretty specific that Ray Howland found the saddle bag with a diary in it. Would seem that is a lot of detail for someone spinning a tale. Let`s see believe it was Hal who did an extensive look at the family. Perhaps he could give us a run down of likely candidates and if they exist maybe the family would know whether or not they were literate. For some reason the names Joseph, Peter, and Thomas come to mind. I am assuming your information that Peg Leg was not a man of letters came from Texas.

Such a diary would be quite the find. Imagine it would speak to specific mines perhaps a cluster in the vicinity of Pistol Canyon and of course Malaipi and north to the Salt River. Suspect locations in the eastern Superstitions would be mentioned. Could be quite interesting if the diary surfaced later on. Might cause quite the stir. Some how this reminds me what an attorney friend was always saying, never ask a question you do not already know the answer to.

Not having a ticket to see the Barn Map it is difficult to speak directly about it. If it does incorporate a star chart in a location map that would be quite the find. Hard to understand why such a map would be in a barn. Could be there because it was not understood. Makes sense to me. Assuming the map is authentic my bet is it`s origin is probably Mediterranean. My guess is somewhere near Lebanon. Imagine the map may very well use Greek Symbols and perhaps be accompanied by another map that I suspect our friends in Texas do not have a clue as to its meaning. Such a map might point to mining operations and show such things as Circlestone and locations on the Colorado River. Hopefully nothing else. Of course figuring out the when would be important if not fundamental. Depending on scale the map could speak to trail systems in the Superstitions or if the scale is larger might even speak to a route going west to the Pacific and from there to India. This was a route used by folks from the Mediterranean in ancient times to get to the southwest if you wanted to well keep things quite. Just briefly. The original discovery stones should be in the Smithsonian or another relevant library.8-) Hopefully once the carnival closes down would be the right thing to do.

Gentlemen:

The comments regarding the H/P Map are fascinating. Travis must have had quite the library to create such a map. But then again maybe he didn`t even though our learned friends point out the letters on the map prove Travis did it. Perhaps things are not really that simple. I would have never thought of New Mexico. Imagine our Wizard was quite the person. Then again he did create a map that both reveals and conceals at the same time. Quite the feat.

Almost forgot the Trail Maps. I claimed the Trail Maps even though they are incomplete can show you the way to Horse Mesa. Just consider they show the same basic area of the range. Just from different perspectives. Find the Salt River, Fish Creek Canyon, and Black Crosse Butte and eveything falls into place. Just keep in mind that the first map starts north of the salt river and connects to the second map in a rather unique way. Jim Hyatt was so very, very close.

And the small stones? Those could be a real hoot if ever figured out. Suspect all of this was actually found together. Too bad Bill Hidden is not available. His insights would be invaluable. But then again who really was Bill Hidden? Imagine Travis knew.

Starman

One experts opinion. The barn map has Greek symbols.

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That fits right in with my theory. If they used rock walls and other plant markers they most certainly would need a way to get that close so large mountain side highway signs would be required for positioning the Mule Train into the right area's of mining or fresh water for that matter.

Bill, I just follow the signs.....

View attachment 1268782

NOTICE THE ORBS HOVERING AROUND THE SIGN?

Last edited:

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That fits right in with my theory. If they used rock walls and other plant markers they most certainly would need a way to get that close so large mountain side highway signs would be required for positioning the Mule Train into the right area's of mining or fresh water for that matter.

View attachment 1268782

View attachment 1268791

View attachment 1268793

Last edited:

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Needleweaver, I don't think it's right to remove marker signs, they're here for everyone to enjoy....just say'in...

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We could always donate them to the museum

LOL, I would have found the Confederate cache if you didn't rip the sign out of the ground!

I don't know how much they'll get for them on ebay?

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1268782

Carrol, I was following your signs but a naked Indian on a Horse pulled me over and gave me Golden Ticket. I thought I would just take the Treasure Driving course as I hadn't had a golden ticket or made a Treasure Hunting illegal turn for quite some time.

But the Indian Officer had me dead right. I was caught with my knickers down doing the doo on an off rump. No problem he said I could just take the Treasure driving course or pay the fine with Willy Wonka chocolate bars.

I choose to take the course and he gave me a directional map for the Chuck Kenworthy classes. I looked at him and said how in the world can I carry this stone map that shows where to take the Treasure driving course out of here?

He got off his horse put his ear to the ground and said: "Take short cut quickly on stone map save much time hurry Buffalo Come!" I said how could you tell that from putting your ear to the ground? And the Indian Officer Said: "Because Ear Sticky".

I paid the fine with my Willy Wonka Chocolate Bars and followed the stone map back out of there!

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The importance of the 8-N-P is understood in its relative position to the "4" heart, as seen and confirmed elsewhere. No less important is the position and angle of the second "N" above the equation, a key to understanding why the equation was scratched onto the stone, rather than deeply etched.

As is the direction the heart is pointed to, inside of the "P."

A singularity corroborated by the "heart" in the cursum perficio diagram.

Both of which point to that by quorum ecclesia fulget ut sole luna

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread