GOLD

TEGlover

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From a smart, ol' Dutch Hunter (not me) about gold:

"Here is the secret to the entire affair. This is what no one will tell you and what you won't believe even after I tell you. Precious metal dealers are in business to MAKE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES - not to provide for your future. If one of them thought for a New York minute that the actual VALUE (not the PRICE- there is a huge difference) was going to triple in a year or five years, they wouldn't sell it. EVER. They'd keep it. No one would sell a huge guaranteed profit if they could make more by doing nothing.”

Some hunt only for the gold.... Some for everything that goes with it --- friends, experiences, the majesty of the Sups, and so much more the quest has to offer. Maybe they'll stumble across the mine, probably not. But these hunters are always rewarded, always find more than they could hope for. Te others leave empty handed.

Tom and Thomas

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
From a smart, ol' Dutch Hunter (not me) about gold:

"Here is the secret to the entire affair. This is what no one will tell you and what you won't believe even after I tell you. Precious metal dealers are in business to MAKE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES - not to provide for your future. If one of them thought for a New York minute that the actual VALUE (not the PRICE- there is a huge difference) was going to triple in a year or five years, they wouldn't sell it. EVER. They'd keep it. No one would sell a huge guaranteed profit if they could make more by doing nothing.”

Some hunt only for the gold.... Some for everything that goes with it --- friends, experiences, the majesty of the Sups, and so much more the quest has to offer. Maybe they'll stumble across the mine, probably not. But these hunters are always rewarded, always find more than they could hope for. Te others leave empty handed.

Tom and Thomas

It is all about the journey.
Cheers!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Thomas,

I began to suspect that myself when the big, constant sales pitches started coming. I kept telling Carolyn it just didn't sound right. Eventually, she got tired of hearing me yap about it, so I came home loaded up our gold and sold it locally. For a change, we sold on the day gold hit its high. It started down the next day and has never reached that high again. What luck.

Hope all is well with you and Carol.

Take care,

Joe

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold, love it or not, is the commodity that has no debt associated with it - unlike $100 dollar bills, bonds, real estate, say. When the fiat currency/debt ponzi economies can no longer endure, you might be wishing you'd saved a few of those "barbaric relics".

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup

Attachments

• 1455605371006.jpg
    1455605371006.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 145

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
That's not true Bill R. The stock market also has a effect on gold as in this case. Oil goes down. Stock market goes into a panic and gold is a hedge.

Oil is the most significant driver of the stock market .... not gold.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The gold price is the result Bill R
Here's the thing about buying and selling gold. When gold is taken to the refinery (a good one) you pay 3% to have it refined. Then you sell it for another 3% loss. 6% off the top. When you buy it they want 3% to "Certify it and then a 3% fee to sell it to you. Still 6%. When you sell it with proof of purity, you still take a 3% hit again. So if you buy gold, and then sell it, gold needs to have gone up over 10% for you to make money off it.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the thing about buying and selling gold. When gold is taken to the refinery (a good one) you pay 3% to have it refined. Then you sell it for another 3% loss. 6% off the top. When you buy it they want 3% to "Certify it and then a 3% fee to sell it to you. Still 6%. When you sell it with proof of purity, you still take a 3% hit again. So if you buy gold, and then sell it, gold needs to have gone up over 10% for you to make money off it.

Same game with buying/selling all commodities, currencies, etc.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold price is the result Bill R

I'm not being quoted here so please stop making up things that I'm not writing and posting them as being my quotes, it's against the rules. If you think I'm ponchosportal I'd suggest you take it up with the moderator he should know. It's confusing the conversations. And it's accusing me of violating the rules which I'm not. I'm only one person on here like I've said before. I'm using my real name there are no others.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sarge, I agree, Gold is a hedge. After watching the price of gold for 35 years, what I have noticed is that when there is a recession or a war, the price of gold goes up. In 1980-1983 it fluxed between $320-$400 an Oz., Now it is up 250% since then over $1000.
Jewelry doesn't count, they mark that up more as "art".

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those who seek to aquire gold at any price worship mammon. who would that be?look inside and outside ones self for the answer. NOT I.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those who seek to aquire gold at any price worship mammon. who would that be?look inside and outside ones self for the answer. NOT I.

Mammon protects the gold at these sites Horse. You'd have to give an offering to Mammon (Tobacco or Whiskey) in order to go underground and retrieve the loot. They call him El Tio he guards all mines of the crown. If not you than I would say you can't have the gold anyway. I've been close to El Tio and pay the price with bad health heaped on me for it. Spells cast in his name last a long time. Being close to his domain with out paying him tribute is dangerous!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread