CAMPS IN THE SUPERSTITIONS....

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
The above picture was from 2002-2003. :dontknow: It was our traditional steak dinner the night before packing out. Good camp and wonderful memories.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP. many a burro ( and cat ) ended up as a Yaqui's taco, dogs also..Actually they wern't too bad, good even, depending on just how hungry you were, be surpised at some of the thing that I ate to stay alive, stuff that I would normally urp at.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I had hope that some of the Dutch Hunters who frequent this site might post pictures of their own cams in the range. That would give some of the people who have never done it some flavor of camping in the Superstition's. It can be a wonderful experience. People like Greg Davis, Matthew Roberts, azdave35...etc. You don't have to give anything away, like I have, just show your camps.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Ernie,

Yes he traveled light. Once you reach a certain age, and physical condition, it takes a lot of pack animals to keep you comfortable.:laughing7: Agent Orange helped me reach that stage too early.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

As a much younger man, this is how we traveled in the Supe'. Tom Ribaudo with Juno. I took the picture.

Joe Ribaudo

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dam guy , I only sleep in the back of the FORD with a shell .
No tents 4 me . Looks like a fun place to explore .

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ernie,

Yes he traveled light. Once you reach a certain age, and physical condition, it takes a lot of pack animals to keep you comfortable.:laughing7: Agent Orange helped me reach that stage too early.

Take care,

Joe

I know that creeping age feeling, Joe. Looks like you guys were doing just fine.
Nice pictures.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP. many a burro ( and cat ) ended up as a Yaqui's taco, dogs also..Actually they wern't too bad, good even, depending on just how hungry you were, be surpised at some of the thing that I ate to stay alive, stuff that I would normally urp at.
Amigo,sounds like the beginnings of a nice buffet,I would like to bring my own peppers though.maybe even bring some extra critters for add ins ,always remember anything you urp up will feed something else,I will bring some burro juice :coffee2::hello: NP:cat:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo's:coffee2: I remember in the jungle over seas , one of the favorite ways people used to fix food ,they would dig a small pit,build a fire and get the coal really hot ,put it in the pit and add the small animal to the coals covered with leaves and cover it up to the head and let it cook like that,leaving the head sticking out,when it was cooked they would cut the top of the head off and eat the brains with rice and sweet sauce,hmmmmmmmmmmmm,:hello:NP:cat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread