Raise your hand if you have found the Lost Dutchman Mine.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only reason it seems fuzzy is the pics are a small crop of very large pics taken from a distance (across Rogers canyon), both are of the exact same ledge, 90 degrees from each other. The ledge is in an undercut on a vertical wall (Cliff) with brush over the top of it. Did you look close? Click on photo to get large version not the thumbnail(site only displays it at 55%). However it is a very large vein of gold, that I believe you can not find anything that compares to it anywhere on earth. Look at the word ON with the O above the N, in the second photo, that is a gold telluride vein. The ledge runs a unknown way back inside and if you look you will see lots more back behind the ON.

Here is the best info I can provide to you on what those pics are beyond rocks and brush. (just remember they are using the super group as an example)
View attachment 1477586

How the Neoproterozoic S-isotope record illuminates the genesis of vein gold systems: an example from the Dalradian Supergroup in Scotland | Geological Society, London, Special Publications

I may regret going down this road, but have you actually set foot on the site of the photos - I mean, have you stood next to the gold ledge, taken up close photos, taken small samples, etc... or are you assuming all of these things from telephoto shots from across the canyon?

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I have not been close enough to get samples, have I been on that hill side examining the area, yes. Besides that who is going to pay for the Assay? Why would you suggest going up there to break the Law? That is solid rock and would be considered mining as would have to use tools to break a sample off. I personally do not care to go to jail just so you can see a sample. I do know Geology and am not "assuming" anything about the photo evidence shown to you. Photos up close would do nothing except be one solid photo of gold no rock in it, so what good would that do? You already question the gold that is visible. There is no way to back off the rocks to take a picture, notice that it is almost straight down? Access to the ledge is from the side view area along the top of the ridge(from the East, in first photo). This is not beach combing for lost items, it is not a placer deposit, it is lode deposits, a much different thing.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
No, I have not been close enough to get samples, have I been on that hill side examining the area, yes. Besides that who is going to pay for the Assay? Why would you suggest going up there to break the Law? That is solid rock and would be considered mining as would have to use tools to break a sample off. I personally do not care to go to jail just so you can see a sample. I do know Geology and am not "assuming" anything about the photo evidence shown to you. Photos up close would do nothing except be one solid photo of gold no rock in it, so what good would that do? You already question the gold that is visible. There is no way to back off the rocks to take a picture, notice that it is almost straight down? Access to the ledge is from the side view area along the top of the ridge(from the East, in first photo). This is not beach combing for lost items, it is not a placer deposit, it is lode deposits, a much different thing.

if you can get a sample i'll assay it for you...you dont have to break it off the deposit...just grab a piece of float...surely they wont imprison you for picking up a rock

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My apologies for questioning anything. It's clear you believe you've located an outcropping ledge of solid gold so congratulations are in order. If you ever get close enough to get a sample or post a clear photo of the outcropping of gold I'm sure lots of us would love to see it.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a portion of the mine area. Notice it is a Maze of Faults and part of why it is very hard to get to the ledge. there are over 2 miles of this fault to get to the ledge. Sorry the clarity does not meet your expectations, but notice there are various degrees of ore scattered through this hellish landscape. It is not like you can just pick a direction and go there, it is very tough to navigate to get to exactly where the ledge is. The ledge is in this photo but partially hidden from view as view is from White Mountains south east lower ridge.
Falted Mine crop.jpg

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if Wal-Mart or Walgreens makes pictures from negatives? I found the negs of the blurry priest picture. Maybe I can better pictures to the things that I have said that are on them.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro 18,
I'm not trying to be mean but I don't PM anyone, for 2 reasons. I'm computer illiterate, I don't know how, and I don't talk to anyone outside of the threads, very paranoid. Don't be afraid to tell your story here, someone might disagree but it's just talk. I agree, there are more than 1 mine. And to some people pictures is not good enough.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I can see in the picture I would have to say no. My area doesn't have those large cactus.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anybody raise their hand?

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahaha.Some people in here may not be able to raise their hands do to physical injuries azdave35.Heck.I have one hell of a time raising my right hand myself.Maybe one day I might try my luck with the ldm.Until then.I'll be content chasing the sun and the moon.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
hahaha.Some people in here may not be able to raise their hands do to physical injuries azdave35.Heck.I have one hell of a time raising my right hand myself.Maybe one day I might try my luck with the ldm.Until then.I'll be content chasing the sun and the moon.

i haven't found the LDM but i can definitely raise my hand :headbang:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just kidding azdave35, I can actually raise both of my hands. I don't think that I have found the ldm either. I can't even find a plug nickel with a wooden dowsing rod.lol.Some of us try to learn from our mistakes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread