Raise your hand if you have found the Lost Dutchman Mine.

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Through the years many people claimed to have found the LDM. Even now there are claims of finding the mine on other threads and more claims of finding it in the future. What I want to know is what clues did you find that says this is it? Keep your location a secret but tell us what you found. Please don't get angry if know one believes you, it's just talk. Since I have made claims of knowing were the LDM is, I will be the first to raise my hand. The clues that I have found:
There are two trails that join together and pass the LDM, 1 is the Holmes trail and the other is the directional markers on the Stone trail maps. On the the Holmes trail there are two canyons next to each other, each with a spring. The trail crosses both springs, this is what Waltz called first and second waters. The 3 tree's are up 2nd water canyon just off the trail. The pit mine is on the side of a mountain on a flat, it is filled in but you can see it's there. The LDM is on the side of a ridge that comes from just bellow the pit, it is about 600 feet long +.I believe the vain runs down the whole ridge. Right next to the LDM are 2 stones making a straight line pointing to the mine, one of the stones is the horse's head, it is closest to the LDM. The canyon is just like the Holmes and the Note book maps. In fact if you join the 2 maps where they share the same peakyou will see what the whole canyon looks like. ( The peak is not Weavers Needle. )There are a couple of maps and clues that I have left out, they might give away my area. Now it's your turn to raise your hand, I know you're out there. Even if it didn't turn out to be right, tell us your story.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frenchy,
Thank you for raising your hand. I hope other people respond. As far as the LDM, have you found any of the stated clues by Walt, Thomas, or Holmes? I think you mentioned the Thomas map, what on it did you find, horses head , the 3 pine trees, stone house across the canyon? If there is no mine andit is just a rat hole, what is it you looking for?

axer

Greenie
Aug 26, 2015
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 and White's TM 808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have I found the Lost Dutchman mine? Not yet, but I believe I'm in the right search area to find it. I've recently been out in the Superstitions checking out my search area which has an angled ridge 600+ feet long containing at least one quartz vein running the length of it. While resting in some shade looking up at the highest point I saw shapes and forms appear as the sun moved past 3PM then past 4 PM, I saw a perfect profile of a mans face and two horses heads, then a shadow triangle inside a circle of quartz and a shadow crescent. I thought it odd to see so many possible clues on one small cliff face. About half a mile distant and lower is a flat area with several small camp sized areas littered with white rock chippings. There are no other white rocks to be seen so I believe they were brought up from below by somebody and chipped off some other rock.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOBODIE,

We could fill 100 pages of this thread with a one-post-per-person rule on this subject! HAHAHA

Mike

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I want, for everyone who believed they found or close to it. NO Name calling just discuss why or why not the LDM. We have our own story to tell. Someone, one day will be right.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
axer,
I don't know if your close to the LDM, but it sounds like you may be near a treasure site. Bill Riley(sorry Bill if I spelled your name wrong)is probably the best person to tell you what all the shadow sign's are. Post something on one of his threads, say his name 3 times and he will appear. He seems very knowledgeable about shadows.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey frenchy don't leave, I'm still interested in what you have to say.
Mike,
Did you ever feel that you were so close to the LDM that you believed this is it and what happened?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobodie,

Not with the Dutchman, but I have been getting a really creepy feeling for years when I think I am in the area of The Lost Gonzalez Mine (Anza-Borrego Desert, SoCal).

Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No bodie, you posted -- Someone, one day will be right

'If' there IS a Dutchman mine - which I believe exists. No one seems to be following his origional instructions.or hints.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't the Gonzalez's inlaws to the Paroltas? Wasn't the mine a pit? Maybe I should throw that into the pit mine thread.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real,
I agree, they try to make it more complicated,that's why I say keep it simple. I stated most of the clues that I have found, I followed the combined clues of Holmes and Thomas. To be truthful I was in the area and accidentally found it. After I found it I could have kicked myself, it was simple.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least once a month someone has claimed to have found the LDM, tell us your story even if you think you're close. And if it didn't work out, why.

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no clue where the LDM is......

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Mike said there should be 100 pages of stories, but so far the only other person besides me was Frenchy to make claims of finding the LDM and he's gone. By now I thought there would be more stories. Please don't make me beg or make a challenging statement. I could dance but that would only make you laugh.:laughing7::blob10:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions