Ted Cox and the Ridge Pit Mine - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Ted Cox and the Ridge Pit Mine

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11822 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    AZ, you posted "if health permits " ??
    cactusjumper and Oroblanco like this.
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5337 times
    Just out of the gate, the first problem is Ted Cox himself. Those who trust what he said/wrote, would probably trust other known liars. Always question your sources, including me.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo
    " Hell, I was there!" Elmer Keith
    "There is an ancient proverb that says a man can never forgive you for a wrong he has done you." From a wise friend.

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azdave35 View Post
    roy wrote: " Oroblanco wrote : May I ask why you remain on the fence, viz the Pit mine being the LDM? Thanks in advance, in any case and no this is not an attempt to start an argument just curious as to what doubt(s) or convincing evidence(s) are preventing you from making the conclusion that so many others have, about the Pit mine being the LDM."

roy...there are alot more clues that put the ldm at the pit mine but like matthew says ..i dont want to post them public....there is only so much you can do from a computer...if you make it down here in october your questions will be answered...hopefully by me if health permits...
    Dave,

Your comments have me, as well as others, concerned. It may be I can give you some hard learned advice, if you want it.

Take care,

Joe
    Oroblanco and audigger53 like this.
    "There is an ancient proverb that says a man can never forgive you for a wrong he has done you." From a wise friend.

us
    Dec 2008
    6419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusjumper View Post
    Dave,

Your comments have me, as well as others, concerned. It may be I can give you some hard learned advice, if you want it.

Take care,

Joe
    joe...i've been fighting a case of lead and mercury poison for a few years

Jul 2015
    1062 times
    It appears the mines Cox found, worked, and claimed are public record. (As provided by Matthew.)
    At least one location apparently exact with a known mine of today. (As confirmed by Old.)
    What Cox believed was the history of those reclaimed mines was his opinion at the time. (Joe educated us on fact vs. opinion.)
    What part of that makes Mr. Cox a liar?
    Last edited by EarnieP; Jun 26, 2016 at 04:43 PM.
    Oroblanco and audigger53 like this.
    ----------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnieP View Post
    It appears the mines Cox found, worked, and claimed are public record. (As provided by Matthew.)
    At least one location apparently exact with a known mine of today. (As confirmed by Old.)
    What Cox believed was the history of those reclaimed mines was his opinion at the time. (Joe educated us on fact vs. opinion.)
    What part of that makes Mr. Cox a liar?
    Ernie,

Never met either of the Cox's. I am going on the opinion of good friends who knew them. I was told he was an inventive story teller. That probably won't give you much confidence in my opinion, but it's enough for me.

Good luck,

Joe
    Oroblanco, markmar and audigger53 like this.

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5337 times
    joe...i've been fighting a case of lead and mercury poison for a few years
    Dave,

Very sorry to hear that. Do you take any antioxidants?

Take care,

Joe
    Oroblanco likes this.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    8795 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Roberts View Post
    Oroblanco wrote : May I ask why you remain on the fence, viz the Pit mine being the LDM? Thanks in advance, in any case and no this is not an attempt to start an argument just curious as to what doubt(s) or convincing evidence(s) are preventing you from making the conclusion that so many others have, about the Pit mine being the LDM.

Oroblanco,

When I heard about the "Pit Mine" 16 years ago in a conversation with Ron Lorenz and Ron Feldman, and learned it was believed to be the LDM, I knew I had to see it for myself. When I was at the "Pit Mine" the site was open and with two friends was able to explore the mine. We were there for three days and two nights and were able to explore the surrounding area also. I saw several clues at the mine and surrounding area that may have fit clues to the Lost Dutchman. The remains of an old rock house not far from the mine opening, a house such as waltz described. The look of the physical opening to the mine itself. A trail you could see from the ridge the mine was on that Billy Martin said was an old cavalry trail. Billy called it the "Horse trail". Something else there too but I would rather not say what it was in public. The part I didn't like was the absence of gold and believe me I looked long and hard for any signs of gold or gold bearing ore both inside and outside the mine. It would have been hard to have taken rich gold from that mine and removed every trace from inside and out. The absence of gold could have however meant Waltz did not mine gold there, he simply used the mine as cache for gold he got elsewhere. I left the site with feelings both ways on the issue.

Since no one has definitively found the Lost Dutchman, and I do not claim to know where the LDM positively is, I leave open the possibility the "Pit Mine" may have been Waltz's mine/cache. Maybe someday someone will be able to prove one way or the other. I have my own favorite location of where I think the LDM is located but my location is no more valid that the next man's.

Matthew
    Thank you Matthew for your reply, and I put a portion in BOLD which really helps me understand your doubts. Like you reasoned, I would expect that you should be able to find at least a few colors, as you know it is virtually impossible to get all of the gold out of any mine. I did not know the Ted Cox story, thank you for that too.

To AZDave - sorry to hear about the lead poisoning, hope that you are not suffering from it and are getting it out of your system. I wish I knew some good way to help the process but I don't, only time and a good diet etc. I have a brother that got lead poisoning pretty bad, but other than charcoal and milk the docs did not offer much help to him either.

SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

Jul 2015
    1062 times
    Ernie,

Never met either of the Cox's. I am going on the opinion of good friends who knew them. I was told he was an inventive story teller. That probably won't give you much confidence in my opinion, but it's enough for me.

Good luck,

Joe
    No problem Joe, I have tons of confidence in your opinions.
    Just curios why Cox warranted such a harsh label.
    Oroblanco likes this.
    ----------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 2014
    3540 times
    Dave, hope you recover and get better soon.
    Oroblanco likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    2488 times
    Dave, Are you experiencing Kidney decline? I've had some problems with mine and they say it could be heavy metal poisoning.
    The Doctor told me to stay away from any "Rock & Roll". So I started singing the blues. My Kidneys aren't any better but I cry a lot when I sing. I can't take any N-saids anymore or Nexium. That was harder than giving up rock and roll!

So I've got to go in for a Biopsy on my Kidneys this month. Heavy Metal from my early rock rolling years may be the cause. Old Spanish Mine exploring has it's Pit-Falls. (PUN)
    audigger53 likes this.

us
    Dec 2008
    6419 times
    Dave,

Very sorry to hear that. Do you take any antioxidants?

Take care,

Joe
    thanks guys..joe..i've tried about everything and roy is correct..doctors have no idea how to treat heavy metal poison....lol
    Oroblanco likes this.

us
    Jul 2015
    Phx. A.Z.
    756 times
    Apple cider vinegar.
    CHERISH EVERYTHING IN LIFE, IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE.

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    5337 times
    thanks guys..joe..i've tried about everything and roy is correct..doctors have no idea how to treat heavy metal poison....lol
    Dave,

You might want to give Pycnogenol a try. You can get them from a company named Healthy Origins, on line. If you need, I will be happy to send you a bottle. Research the product.

Take care,

Joe
    Oroblanco likes this.

us
    Dec 2008
    6419 times
    Dave,

You might want to give Pycnogenol a try. You can get them from a company named Healthy Origins, on line. If you need, I will be happy to send you a bottle. Research the product.

Take care,

Joe
    joe...the thing about heavy metal poison that most doctors wont tell you is a nasty little thing called retox..its not that hard to pull the metals out of your body but as they pass through your intestines on the way out they get sucked back into your system through the lining of your gut and recirculate and they cause twice the problems you had in the first place...mercury and lead are so toxic to your system that your body will store them in your body where they cause the least amount of damage (like your bones..parts of your brain you dont use etc)..when you start trying to expell them from your body is where the trouble begins...sometimes it's better to let a sleeping dog lay

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links