Ted Cox and the Ridge Pit Mine

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
It appears the mines Cox found, worked, and claimed are public record. (As provided by Matthew.)
At least one location apparently exact with a known mine of today. (As confirmed by Old.)
What Cox believed was the history of those reclaimed mines was his opinion at the time. (Joe educated us on fact vs. opinion.)
What part of that makes Mr. Cox a liar?

Ernie,

Never met either of the Cox's. I am going on the opinion of good friends who knew them. I was told he was an inventive story teller. That probably won't give you much confidence in my opinion, but it's enough for me.

Good luck,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Oroblanco wrote : May I ask why you remain on the fence, viz the Pit mine being the LDM? Thanks in advance, in any case and no this is not an attempt to start an argument just curious as to what doubt(s) or convincing evidence(s) are preventing you from making the conclusion that so many others have, about the Pit mine being the LDM.

Oroblanco,

When I heard about the "Pit Mine" 16 years ago in a conversation with Ron Lorenz and Ron Feldman, and learned it was believed to be the LDM, I knew I had to see it for myself. When I was at the "Pit Mine" the site was open and with two friends was able to explore the mine. We were there for three days and two nights and were able to explore the surrounding area also. I saw several clues at the mine and surrounding area that may have fit clues to the Lost Dutchman. The remains of an old rock house not far from the mine opening, a house such as waltz described. The look of the physical opening to the mine itself. A trail you could see from the ridge the mine was on that Billy Martin said was an old cavalry trail. Billy called it the "Horse trail". Something else there too but I would rather not say what it was in public. The part I didn't like was the absence of gold and believe me I looked long and hard for any signs of gold or gold bearing ore both inside and outside the mine. It would have been hard to have taken rich gold from that mine and removed every trace from inside and out. The absence of gold could have however meant Waltz did not mine gold there, he simply used the mine as cache for gold he got elsewhere. I left the site with feelings both ways on the issue.

Since no one has definitively found the Lost Dutchman, and I do not claim to know where the LDM positively is, I leave open the possibility the "Pit Mine" may have been Waltz's mine/cache. Maybe someday someone will be able to prove one way or the other. I have my own favorite location of where I think the LDM is located but my location is no more valid that the next man's.

Matthew

Thank you Matthew for your reply, and I put a portion in BOLD which really helps me understand your doubts. Like you reasoned, I would expect that you should be able to find at least a few colors, as you know it is virtually impossible to get all of the gold out of any mine. I did not know the Ted Cox story, thank you for that too.

To AZDave - sorry to hear about the lead poisoning, hope that you are not suffering from it and are getting it out of your system. I wish I knew some good way to help the process but I don't, only time and a good diet etc. I have a brother that got lead poisoning pretty bad, but other than charcoal and milk the docs did not offer much help to him either.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ernie,

Never met either of the Cox's. I am going on the opinion of good friends who knew them. I was told he was an inventive story teller. That probably won't give you much confidence in my opinion, but it's enough for me.

Good luck,

Joe

No problem Joe, I have tons of confidence in your opinions.
Just curios why Cox warranted such a harsh label.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, Are you experiencing Kidney decline? I've had some problems with mine and they say it could be heavy metal poisoning.
The Doctor told me to stay away from any "Rock & Roll". So I started singing the blues. My Kidneys aren't any better but I cry a lot when I sing. I can't take any N-saids anymore or Nexium. That was harder than giving up rock and roll!

So I've got to go in for a Biopsy on my Kidneys this month. Heavy Metal from my early rock rolling years may be the cause. Old Spanish Mine exploring has it's Pit-Falls. (PUN)

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
thanks guys..joe..i've tried about everything and roy is correct..doctors have no idea how to treat heavy metal poison....lol

Dave,

You might want to give Pycnogenol a try. You can get them from a company named Healthy Origins, on line. If you need, I will be happy to send you a bottle. Research the product.

Take care,

Joe

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave,

You might want to give Pycnogenol a try. You can get them from a company named Healthy Origins, on line. If you need, I will be happy to send you a bottle. Research the product.

Take care,

Joe

joe...the thing about heavy metal poison that most doctors wont tell you is a nasty little thing called retox..its not that hard to pull the metals out of your body but as they pass through your intestines on the way out they get sucked back into your system through the lining of your gut and recirculate and they cause twice the problems you had in the first place...mercury and lead are so toxic to your system that your body will store them in your body where they cause the least amount of damage (like your bones..parts of your brain you dont use etc)..when you start trying to expell them from your body is where the trouble begins...sometimes it's better to let a sleeping dog lay

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Az, I eliminated Arsenic poisoning from my sysem with "VIT C ": therapy. It has been known since te 30's I had Arsenic poisoning due to carelessly assaying 33% As ore. Also during wwII I had a bombsight shop. We used open pools of Mecury as a mirrior to esablsh a true vertical. Since it was still top eecret , we worked in a closed Quanset huts where the temp often hit 120-130 F, with pools of open Mercury yet none of us ever developed Mercuty poisoning despite continuously playing around with it, such as filling a hypodermic with it and trying to shoot down flies with the Mercury.in it.. So It is not as easy as they say to contact Mercury, Lead poioning as they say. How do you "know" that you have Pb and Hg poisoning.i

t "C" therapy for eliminating heavy metals/

Heavy Metal Poisoning Safe Detoxification

Heavy Metal Poisoning. Lead poisoning and other types; info | Patient

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibz0IHGNCCU

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJOITLEiqqY

http://heavymetaldetection.com/detectors-for-common-heavy-metals?gclid=CO-5maKNyc0CFQ-oaQodHfgIlQ

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, I'm guessing you've already tried Cilantro?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Az, I eliminated Arsenic poisoning from my sysem with "VIT C ": therapy. It has been known since te 30's I had Arsenic poisoning due to carelessly assaying 33% As ore. Also during wwII I had a bombsight shop. We used open pools of Mecury as a mirrior to esablsh a true vertical. Since it was still top eecret , we worked in a closed Quanset huts where the temp often hit 120-130 F, with pools of open Mercury yet none of us ever developed Mercuty poisoning despite continuously playing around with it, such as filling a hypodermic with it and trying to shoot down flies with the Mercury.in it.. So It is not as easy as they say to contact Mercury, Lead poioning as they say. How do you "know" that you have Pb and Hg poisoning.i

t "C" therapy for eliminating heavy metals/

Heavy Metal Poisoning Safe Detoxification

Heavy Metal Poisoning. Lead poisoning and other types; info | Patient

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibz0IHGNCCU

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJOITLEiqqY

Heavy Metal Detectors

real..i've had multiple tests done..

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope Ernie :laughing7:

Was just taking a wild guess. I know they trained bombardiers down there on some top-secret bombsights. And it's a good place for Quonset huts to reach the temps you mentioned. (The bats you apparently know about.)
I found an early 40's nickel next to the old wind-sock there a few years ago, thought it might have been yours? ;)

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Az, hair tests are notoriously inaccurate, I have proven this to myself with my Atomic absortion apparatus.

correct..hair test's suck...the test they do now are called challenge tests.....they shoot you up with a very strong chelator (dmsa) or something similar...then collect your pee for 24 hours and test the urine..the reason for the dmsa is to dislodge heavy metals that are hiding in your bones....if you just did a urine test without the dmsa you would only detect small amounts of metals that are in your system

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to stay little on some LDM clues that Ted Cox believed how Waltz has stated :

" - On making a slight bend, you will see a natural rock formation with the distinct appearance of a Roman-nosed mustang with one ear laid back over a jagged cropped mane:
- This formation is located at the east end of a hill that looks like a Roman helmet…"

Now I want to show you the " Roman helmet " clue in a picture which I have posted it again in the old Pit thread . In this picture the " horse " clue isn't visible because is in the shadow and the angle don't help much , but the helmet is visible and is really west of the horse like the clue says .

sacred Mt. 1.jpg sacred Mt.jpg

Coincidence ? I don't think so .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread