2016 Dutch Hunters Rendezvous

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The question, Bill, is when are you being sincere? When you trash folks for their lack of skill in finding interesting sites? Or; when you ask them for directions to sites that they have found and you haven't?

I'm being sincere here. You need to stop looking between the lines and seeing ghosts.

Drink some coffee and chill out.

I removed all of what you determined were "Offensive" posts.

Now have at it it's open for talking your kind of trash.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Actually, I didn't want to hash over old posts to look it up. Unlike a lot of you I don't keep files on my computer for the LDM as I think it's a fantasy of Jacob's.
I'm probably one of a handful of people on here that can find a longitude, Latitude, on a map without a GPS. When I started looking I was so poor I couldn't afford a GPS.

Most people get lost using one, I've seen it. I don't think anyone will need to get one for finding the Rendezvous there's been enough maps posted on here.

Let me ask you this:

Show us one Spanish Explorer that used a GPS to secret their Treasure, just one?

Silence?

Bill,

Quite true, but anyone who could have used a GPS would have. We all use the technology that's available. Anyone who doesn't, is wasting time and money. What used to take many months, has been shortened considerably.

Anyone in SAR has learned how to find longitude and latitude on modern maps. In addition to that, we can find out where we are in relation to a topographic map, or most any accurate map. I have been reading Topo's since I was first introduced to them at 13.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
For anyone considering attending the Rendezvous, don't let the detractors discourage you from coming. They have been doing that since the Rendezvous was just an idea. If you don't come, you will miss out on sitting down with many of the legends associated with the LDM. It's already too late for some, as they have passed away. Your loss.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

The Rendezvous is not a concept from what the Don's were doing long time ago ?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe

The Rendezvous is not a concept from what the Don's were doing long time ago ?

Marius,

Pretty much a different breed of participants'. These folks are all Dutch Hunter's many, like me, with more than 50-years in the mountains. On the other hand, you also have newbies, with fresh ideas.

When you can sit down with some of those old timers, there just is no better way to learn about the LDM.

Good luck,

Joe

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
The question, Bill, is when are you being sincere? When you trash folks for their lack of skill in finding interesting sites? Or; when you ask them for directions to sites that they have found and you haven't?

It will always amaze me how many people on this forum were used by RG; some who now know it and some who have yet to figure it out. Seems to have left a fowl taste in a lot of mouths.

oh well ..... live and learn eh?

Have a good day.

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will always amaze me how many people on this forum were used by RG; some who now know it and some how have yet to figure it out. Seems to have left a fowl taste in a lot of mouths.

oh well ..... live and learn eh?

Have a good day.
--------------------

Not sure RG was here long enough for most to really get the chance to know him.
Too bad, I'm sure some would have changed their minds and had an opportunity to make a good friend. The man has a lot to offer and would have been a valuable contributor to TN.
It's a shame he's not here.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EarnieP

We had nothing against RG . Was his choice to leave the TH forum . And always he is welcome back .
I miss the debates about the stone maps .

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, RG's no doubt become quite an expert on that Stone Map subject, I'm sure. Would be good to carry on those debates.

As far as "his choice in leaving", When a fledgling is pushed out of the nest, I'm not sure it's his choice to jump out.
I remember the friction in some of those comments, both sides. Some got needlessly personal, maybe on both sides. People get their feathers ruffled up and it's hard not to come back and ruffle other's little feathers, and so it goes.

I also hope RG will post again on TN. I seriously believe some that were bumping heads could actually become good friends.

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Actually I just want to meet in person the people that have put up with my posting on the site. LOL

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I've made some goods friends there! Learned a few things. Did some research and found gold. I'll be there for sure. Wayne did not say what his plans were yet. I hope I did not cuss too much last year during the Friday night program.
It was a little windy Friday night. I recall hearing a noise. Looking out my tent door I could see Wayne's tent about 100 feet in the air. It helps if you stake it down.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I've made some goods friends there! Learned a few things. Did some research and found gold. I'll be there for sure. Wayne did not say what his plans were yet. I hope I did not cuss too much last year during the Friday night program.
It was a little windy Friday night. I recall hearing a noise. Looking out my tent door I could see Wayne's tent about 100 feet in the air. It helps if you stake it down.

Frank,

Not unusual to get some serious wind up there. Good idea to tie everything down. Look forward to seeing you there Saturday.

Take care,

Joe

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To make the rendezvous trip more interesting, we can dig up the Jesuit treasure, bring some cards & we can play poker!
I just have to learn how to play poker!

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
For anyone considering attending the Rendezvous, don't let the detractors discourage you from coming. They have been doing that since the Rendezvous was just an idea. If you don't come, you will miss out on sitting down with many of the legends associated with the LDM.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo
Nope none of those were the guy walking down the trail banging the 2 sticks together to keep the bears away. But he had a .44 Mag in case they came for the noise. LOL

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/j...yone-know-how-did-they-make-shadow-signs.html

I would like to join the search and share the starting point. then we play the new variant no limit arizona hold'em.

They used Magic for making shadow signs....just kidding!

A simple device was used for making shadow symbols. A gravity Angle Gauge or Plumb Bob and a Compass. You sight in the sun at any time of the day you would like the shadow to be produced then record the Azimuth and reverse it for the shadow to be carved on the edge or center raised areas of what ever rock you want to carve it in.

Playing Poker is Optional.

There are shadow signs and symbols right next to Don's Camp on the bluff going into Peralta Trail head. You use one eye for viewing. That is, if you can see out of that eye after drinking some of Bob's Rendezvous Whiskey!

Last edited:

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at 2:24 somethings running up & down the hill.....must be one of those varmints listening in or maybe it's a shadow of a drone recording you!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread