2016 Dutch Hunters Rendezvous

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at 2:24 somethings running up & down the hill.....must be one of those varmints listening in or maybe it's a shadow of a drone recording you!!

Pre-Drone time period.

Your Father was quite a handyman. I did basically the same thing with a wagon gear and a Winkie backpack core drill! I ordered the wagon gear and had it delivered by freight truck on a pallet. The front axle steered by the tongue and it had 33x12x15 truck tires on it, high clearance, and dual aluminum I-Beam's. I built a bolt on drill platform next to a 250 gallon water tank right on the wagon gear. Next I lined the side with troughs that held the drill rods, diamond tips etc. The Wagon Gear was set up to be pulled by a polaris quad or truck, or horses! I had electric brakes I installed on the wagon gear for steep hills that couild be operated by a hand lever with a battery pack that powered it and leveling jacks under it. You could park the thing anywhere and level it for drilling!

I tested it on my back concrete slab with a new pump for the water that I bought for it and the thing drilled through solid cement like butter!

Most people don't know this, but, you can drill down to 100 feet in Arizona with out a permit or Drilling License! It took me two years to get all the parts I needed for the old Winkie drill I bought out of Canada. I installed a brand new 10 horse 2 cycle motor and clutch, all new drill rod, and core rod, with diamond bits. I had the polymer drill lube and drill rod grease. I was set up for it. The Economy hit bottom in 2008 and I had to sell everything to stay a float.

View attachment 1352078

View attachment 1352081
View attachment 1352083

View attachment 1352084
View attachment 1352085
View attachment 1352086

I used that drill platform Idea they used for my wagon gear.

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pre-Drone time period.

Your Father was quite a handyman. I did basically the same thing with a wagon gear and a Winkie backpack core drill! I ordered the wagon gear and had it delivered by freight truck on a pallet. The front axle steered by the tongue and it had 33x12x15 truck tires on it, high clearance, and dual aluminum I-Beam's. I built a bolt on drill platform next to a 250 gallon water tank right on the wagon gear. Next I lined the side with troughs that held the drill rods, diamond tips etc. The Wagon Gear was set up to be pulled by a polaris quad or truck, or horses! I had electric brakes I installed on the wagon gear for steep hills that couild be operated by a hand lever with a battery pack that powered it and leveling jacks under it. You could park the thing anywhere and level it for drilling!

I tested it on my back concrete slab with a new pump for the water that I bought for it and the thing drilled through solid cement like butter!

Most people don't know this, but, you can drill down to 100 feet in Arizona with out a permit or Drilling License! It took me two years to get all the parts I needed for the old Winkie drill I bought out of Canada. I installed a brand new 10 horse 2 cycle motor and clutch, all new drill rod, and core rod, with diamond bits. I had the polymer drill lube and drill rod grease. I was set up for it. The Economy hit bottom in 2008 and I had to sell everything to stay a float.

View attachment 1352078

View attachment 1352081
View attachment 1352083

View attachment 1352084
View attachment 1352085
View attachment 1352086

I used that drill platform Idea they used for my wagon gear.

Did it blast water thru the bit?

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did it blast water thru the bit?

Of course. You can't drill core samples with out the lube properties of high pressure water. The water pushes out the cuttings and the rest is trapped in the core barrel.

The core barrel holds the sample.

I was going to hire an operator for it at about 8k a week just because I didn't want to get the barrel stuck or lose the drill sting.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course. You can't drill core samples with out the lube properties of high pressure water. The water pushes out the cuttings and the rest is trapped in the core barrel.

The core barrel holds the sample.

I was going to hire an operator for it at about 8k a week just because I didn't want to get the barrel stuck or lose the drill sting.

Carrol, Let's please bump this conversation over to your Cactus Thread, we're getting off subject of the thread here. Let people going to the Rendezvous discuss their intentions here. Let those that will be there chat about it. It'll only disrupt the thread by giving reason's you won't go other than ones that will be there and why.

Thx

Thanks,

Bill

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

Pretty much a different breed of participants'. These folks are all Dutch Hunter's many, like me, with more than 50-years in the mountains. On the other hand, you also have newbies, with fresh ideas.

When you can sit down with some of those old timers, there just is no better way to learn about the LDM.

Good luck,

Joe

Joe

The " fresh ideas " are not what the Don's are looking for ?

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oops, i didn't realize that......sorry folks!!!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2nd post of this thread by Terry Solomon reminded a friend of mine of a story submitted to the Phoenix Public Library back in 1961 by a Mr. Roy Wycoff Jr.

He sent me a copy of the story as submitted by Mr. Wycoff and suggested I post it here just for public interest. I don't know if Mr. Solomon was being sarcastic or serious about his "underwater discovery," but thought some folks would at least find this to be an interesting story. I spent a little time years ago trying to look into some of the "facts" of the story and got nowhere so never pursued it any further - my guess is it's nothing more than an overly active imagination, but who knows what real facts might be buried in it?

Wycoff page 1.JPG
Wycoff page 2.JPG
Wycoff page 3.JPG
Wycoff page 4.JPG

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2nd post of this thread by Terry Solomon reminded a friend of mine of a story submitted to the Phoenix Public Library back in 1961 by a Mr. Roy Wycoff Jr.

He sent me a copy of the story as submitted by Mr. Wycoff and suggested I post it here just for public interest. I don't know if Mr. Solomon was being sarcastic or serious about his "underwater discovery," but thought some folks would at least find this to be an interesting story. I spent a little time years ago trying to look into some of the "facts" of the story and got nowhere so never pursued it any further - my guess is it's nothing more than an overly active imagination, but who knows what real facts might be buried in it?

View attachment 1353156
View attachment 1353158
View attachment 1353159
View attachment 1353160

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't John Murphy also with Neil Armstrong on the first moon landing, under another alias of course?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

View attachment 1353156
View attachment 1353158
View attachment 1353159
View attachment 1353160

rumors of the ldm being underwater at canyon lake have been going around for years...i believe they were proved to be b.s. when they drained the lake in 2007...they will probably drain the lake again within the next 10 years if anyone wants to go look for themselves

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yet another 1930s public revision to an American treasure cache legend with roots back in the late 19th century. Many of these, including this one, appeared in 1933 - the year FDR screwed the American people by devaluing their life savings by 60%. Do you think all folks complied with the Gold Act?

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
It will always amaze me how many people on this forum were used by RG; some who now know it and some who have yet to figure it out. Seems to have left a fowl taste in a lot of mouths.

oh well ..... live and learn eh?

Have a good day.

Thinking back, I am absolutely amazed to read this.
Are you writing about your own experience with Ryan or, is this an observation?

Not sure that Ryan "used" anyone.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Thinking back, I am absolutely amazed to read this.
Are you writing about your own experience with Ryan or, is this an observation?

Not sure that Ryan "used" anyone.

Hal,

I have some good friends who are actually hated by other friends of mine. Not everyone comes away with warm feelings about Ryan.....or anyone else for that matter. Lots of folks speak some pretty bad things about me. Others swear I'm a great guy.......I think.:dontknow::laughing7:

Take care,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal,

I have some good friends who are actually hated by other friends of mine. Not everyone comes away with warm feelings about Ryan.....or anyone else for that matter. Lots of folks speak some pretty bad things about me. Others swear I'm a great guy.......I think.:dontknow::laughing7:

Take care,

Joe

Joe

In Greece we use to say : " You are a great guy but you don't know it " :tongue3:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

Take care,

Joe

No warm feelings here but I think that it is important to keep things accurate.
Many people here were anxious to help Ryan.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No warm feelings here but I think that it is important to keep things accurate.
Many people here were anxious to help Ryan.

To help Ryan with what ? . Accurate info require " magic words " .

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Many have used the stones to provide a steady income stream over the years. So you see they do point to treasure. Other than a few stoners the general public has little interest in them. When we talked about them on the show ratings went down. After we moved on they went way up.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Many have used the stones to provide a steady income stream over the years. So you see they do point to treasure. Other than a few stoners the general public has little interest in them. When we talked about them on the show ratings went down. After we moved on they went way up.

That is actually fascinating.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His learning curve.
Not sure what accuracy has to do with magic words.

For free exist info on the web , in books and to the Rendezvous . To go further someone needs " magic words " like Ali Baba .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread