2016 Dutch Hunters Rendezvous

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No warm feelings here but I think that it is important to keep things accurate.
Many people here were anxious to help Ryan.

He wanted me to call him for an offer and I said no. I work alone, always will. I thought he wasn't being sincere in his offer to talk or he only wanted to tell me to back off posting in person as he had been doing on the forum. So his offer to call him never gained any traction with me. Even though he gave me his number.

He was very thin skinned, had no sense of humor, and took everything the wrong way. Even with all that I thought he was doing OK with his investigation of the stones. I'm glad he exposed that those stones were in fact "fake". That was worth the effort. The back story behind the stones may be worth seeing when it finally comes out, or, should I say, "if" it ever comes out. I don't hate the man. He seems to be good at what he does. If you like Droners and Stoners.

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Bill,

Your comment "He was very thin skinned, had no sense of humor, and took everything the wrong way." reminds me of the Sheldon character on the 'Big Bang' TV show.
But most learn to love Sheldon once they get to know him, and see through his idiosyncrasies .
Not that I'm saying RG is a Sheldon. But there are some here within the Lost Dutchman Tribe that do seem very 'Sheldon-like' on occasion. Brilliant, but touchy when confronted with opposing views.
Put two of those type personalities together and watch the fireworks!

You should have called RG, he might have made you a star!
You might have gone on to do a guest appearance on the 'Big Bang', ...fireworks! ;)

(Not that I'm saying you're a Sheldon either. You certainly don't have thin skin, but you do shine on occasion Bill.)

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

You wrote about Ryan G .: " I'm glad he exposed that those stones were in fact "fake". That was worth the effort. "

The stone tablets are not fake , and Ryan knows that . The only carvings that did Travis on the tablets , was the zeroes/chambers behind the stone heart . I believe Ryan will not take the risk to present the stone maps as fake , because exist a possibility Ryan to be proven wrong in the near future .
I believe the only worth info in " his " TV show would be to reveal from where Travis got the info about the six chambers and the place where the stone maps were buried . I have a feeling how that person was not Travis father .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

Tom Kollenborn has told me he plans on attending this years Rendezvous, as long as Sharon has recovered enough from her latest trip to the hospital. I'm sure everyone here wishes her a speedy recovery. She is certainly in Carolyn and my prayers.

Dr. Glover is planning on driving down with us on Saturday for that day only. We will try to talk Bob Corbin into joining us. If you can get Tom, Dr. Glover and Bob Corbin together in one place, it would be hard to find three more knowledgeable (LDM) people to talk to in one setting. If Clay also should also show up, it would be like the LDM Super Bowl.

I may need Carolyn's assistance, something I have always had, but I wouldn't want to miss that Saturday.

Hope to see many of you there.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

A number of the above pictured Dutch Hunters have passed away or are in serious failing health. Don't miss the opportunity to talk to these old timers. They may not know where the LDM is, but they possess a wealth of information. Many are willing to pass their experiences along.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody yell "COTTON EYED JOE!" ...I'll bet the whole bunch will jump to their feet! ;)

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the Blind Bow Man was there! To bad he dropped out. That guy was hilarious! He made so many wild claims he had no choice but to show up or be chastised as a fraud. I miss his craziness! I loved exposing him as a dope dealer , but, hey, it paid for his trip out here and made him one of the many Lost Dutch Hunters that bombed out.

I tried getting in touch with him a while back.

He's still out there fiddling around mixing Pot strains for better potency.

He should've moved to AZ and grew it out here that way he could've used his famous Eagle Powers to find the Dutchman!!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

You wrote about Ryan G .: " I'm glad he exposed that those stones were in fact "fake". That was worth the effort. "

The stone tablets are not fake , and Ryan knows that . The only carvings that did Travis on the tablets , was the zeroes/chambers behind the stone heart . I believe Ryan will not take the risk to present the stone maps as fake , because exist a possibility Ryan to be proven wrong in the near future .
I believe the only worth info in " his " TV show would be to reveal from where Travis got the info about the six chambers and the place where the stone maps were buried . I have a feeling how that person was not Travis father .

Marius, He (RG) did admit the stones were fabricated by Travis from the very start then promptly deleted it all. He said Travis made the stones from a paper or parchment type map his grand pappy left him, remember old Peg Leg? He was attempting to have others help him by showing bits and pieces of the map in stone with out the rest of the map included so he could fool others into helping him unwittingly. Very devious person. His credibility went south when that was released and nothing else about the stones mattered because they were indeed fake. Now the paper map could be real, but, once you fake many stones and present them as real over many decades it makes his credentials go kaput.

I stopped using them for anything at all after that even though the symbols were real and used in certain circumstances in the field, the rest of the symbols and maps are missing and only a few know those symbols that the maps don't show.
I knew this long before the revelation came out because the maps were missing and pieces of stones weren't there so it had to be an incomplete set or fake.

I know it hurts stoners a bit to have their quest squashed but hey it's the way it is. I used the symbols given to me from the old treasure hunter in Florida which aren't on the stones. The Infinity system has so much more than the stones had it only proved they were not complete or real.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

RG knows less than he could believe about the stone maps .
The fact that the stone Latin heart map is the same in proportion with the stone heart from the " trail " map , and the Cursum Perficio map fits in the stone Latin heart map , this shows how the stone maps ( included the stone cross maps ) predate the Peraltas mining activities in the Superstitions . Keep in your mind how all the stone maps were deposited together in a cave , somewhere in the mountains , till some guys found them , and after they left the place , buried them along the way to their home .

I will give some food for thought for the Rendezvouz . The stone maps are not modern carvings but were buried where Travis found them , in modern days . I don't know the circumstances that Travis had heard about the place where the stone maps were buried and the six chambers , but i believe the source was a friend of , or the same person who gave the info about the treasure in the Superstitions in Estee C book .:3some:

So , the stone maps are not and were never fake .

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

RG knows less than he could believe about the stone maps .
The fact that the stone Latin heart map is the same in proportion with the stone heart from the " trail ' map , and the Cursum Perficio map fits in the stone Latin heart map , this shows how the stone maps ( included the stone cross maps ) predate the Peraltas mining activities in the Superstitions . Keep in your mind how all the stone maps were deposited together in a cave , somewhere in the mountains , till some guys found them , and after they left the place , buried them along the way to their home .

I will give some food for thought for the Rendezvouz . The stone maps are not modern carvings but were buried where Travis found them , in modern days . I don't know the circumstances that Travis had heard about the place where the stone maps were buried and the six chambers , but i believe the source was a friend of , or the same person who gave the info about the treasure in the Superstitions in Estee C book .:3some:

So , the stone maps are not and were never fake .

The evidence that Travis fabricated the maps from the very start is overwhelming to say the least. He was a "Stone Carver" long before the maps were created by him and fabricated the treasure chest stone map in Texas, this has all been proven. He intentionally buried the stones for later excavation as his family said.

All other stone maps after that are fabrications to. So the Latin Heart is one the Bilbry Cross another, just copycats. I wouldn't doubt if Travis himself carved those other stones and placed them so they could be found out there. His actions prove he was deceptive and made the maps. How many coincidences does it take to prove one person fabricated the stones? How many family members testifying he made them from the start? A stone map carver finds ancient carved stone maps? Come on!!

And RG knows more about the true nature of the stone maps than anyone else in the world. He's in solid with the family on this and they know the true history of Travis's legacy. No other has been that close to the family before, no one!

I think he even proved they were fake by identifying the place he carved them before they were buried in the desert by him a few years prior to his fake buried map "Discovery". He even told family members they were his creation. I don't think it could be anymore compelling than that. He claimed he made them from a map left him by "Pegleg Tumlinson" his grandfather. He was only attempting to make others find bits and pieces of the real map he had so he could pounce of their findings and have them do all the work for him as he very seldom went into the range and stayed mostly at his campsite.

So Travis cut those stones by himself and fabricated the whole story behind it. That will come out if Ryan ever does a show about it which I understand is in the works and set for release sometime this spring. Then you will see the whole story, or, maybe not. Productions have a way of sensationalizing the truth and taking away all facts.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

I believe you have not understood my previous post . If the stone maps are fake or not , i believe will be proved in the near future , maybe after the R's show .

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who will watch a show about fake maps? There lies the problem.
Very True! So there must have been real maps behind all the faking? You have a copy of the original map or barn map. Do you believe your map is copy made from a real Peg Leg map?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta agree Frank, but shows about bad boys (and girls) usually do very well.
So I still suspect Travis' association with Bonnie and Clyde, and his own as yet unexplained whereabouts during the latter part of the Barrows' lives, might very well wind up influencing RG's script. If the family's recollections of Travis having assisted B&C are true, and backed up by solid evidence which could be very valuable in itself....Threatening Bonnie and Clyde letter going on the auction block | The Wichita Eagle....., it would make for a bigger hook with which to capture an audience than would a show wrapped like a newspaper around a dead fish.

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta agree Frank, but shows about bad boys (and girls) usually do very well.
So I still suspect Travis' association with Bonnie and Clyde, and his own as yet unexplained whereabouts during the latter part of the Barrows' lives, might very well wind up influencing RG's script. If the family's recollections of Travis having assisted B&C are true, and backed up by solid evidence which could be very valuable in itself....Threatening Bonnie and Clyde letter going on the auction block | The Wichita Eagle....., it would make for a bigger hook with which to capture an audience than would a show wrapped like a newspaper around a dead fish.

Wayne,

Just another "Fantasy" for Hollywood's sake? RG admitted the family said this dead end road with B&C was just that. Nothing at all! That was before he deleted most of his posts. So if we're all going there I assume it's a build up of the show of some sort on your part?

Nice try though.

We'll all be seeing a made for TV BS side show.

Just like Legends.

Probably the same Producers and crew.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill.
No promo on my part. I'm not involved in RG's production either, but still looking forward to seeing it.
As Frank said, it's going to have to be more than a story about fake stone maps and an ex con's reasons for making them to draw the paying public... and those advertisers willing to fund these kinds of documentaries.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Bill.
No promo on my part. I'm not involved in RG's production either, but still looking forward to seeing it.
As Frank said, it's going to have to be more than a story about fake stone maps and an ex con's reasons for making them to draw the paying public... and those advertisers willing to fund these kinds of documentaries.
As my Dad said, "Never underestimate Stupid".
Just on the Bold stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread