BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
dont ask me why i post it.
this are my results of my ldm research. why i think it is the famous ldm?
cause everything match. bicknell wrote 56 miles from phoenix. and it should be 1.5 miles from the cliff dwellings (tonto national monument).
if you go up the canyon from the cave then at the end is a stone ruin and you will see the 3 red hills. if you come from the normal way with wiesners or the locator map then you have to pass the cow barn.
you will find the house with very little difficulty cause it is on your way! with the wiesner map i found on the hill the "mexican camp" and it is 0.5 miles away.
go out. find the house. find the gold. and just let me know if it is the famous mine.

here are the coordinations

waltz house
33°37'48.27"N 111° 8'17.31"W

mexican camp
33°37'26.55"N 111° 8'6.59"W

vein + quartz hanging wall
33°37'45.00"N 111° 7'55.00"W

three red hills
33°37'17.29"N 111° 7'35.55"W

the 2nd part of the locator map are the red and green lines for the way to the mine. the yellow line is the first part of the map the final location.

hope you will check it with all your knowlegde.

PS: maybe one of you fill a claim - it isnt in the wilderness and if you go out there take the second boulder ;)

ldm.jpg wiesners map.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You nailed it! That's It! :occasion14:

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Hola Blackline, is it on the basically western slope, one of of Waltz's basic requirments. Is that the military road to the right /

oh it is on the western slope. i showed it in west direction cause the locator map is made in this direction. you can see it on the second pic. the trail is the arizona trail. for me it makes sense for the mexicans ;)

clues that match with my LDM
1. tree with one limb pointed to the mine (pic)
2. the three red hills (earth)
3. 4 peaks in the north (pic)
4. the face on the slope (pic)
5. sealed mine entrance (pic)
6. the high location of the mine entrance (pic)
7. 18 inch vein of white milky quartz (pic)
8. quartz hanging wall (pic)
9. the locator map matches to this spot (earth)
10. the trap and dry rocker frame (pic)
11. the cave left side on the slope (pic)
12. the rock marker (pic)
13. rest of the stone house ruin (pic)
14. north-south tending canyon (earth)
15. much brush in the canyon (pic + earth)
16. wiesners map match with this spot (earth)
17. you can see the trail but you can’t see the mine from the trail
18. the rays of the setting sun shines into the mine (on west side)
19. the mine entrance look like a horse ear (pic)
20. red dust on waltz trouser
21. if you find wiesners grave you found the mine (pic + vid)
22. the ruin on the hill and the house in the canyon is both exactly 0,5 miles away (earth)
23. the mine is 1,5 miles from a cave with a two room house (earth)
24. little house in the brush (earth)
25. 56 miles from phoenix (earth)

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
oh it is on the western slope. i showed it in west direction cause the locator map is made in this direction. you can see it on the second pic. the trail is the arizona trail. for me it makes sense for the mexicans ;)

clues that match with my LDM
1. tree with one limb pointed to the mine (pic)
2. the three red hills (earth)
3. 4 peaks in the north (pic)
4. the face on the slope (pic)
5. sealed mine entrance (pic)
6. the high location of the mine entrance (pic)
7. 18 inch vein of white milky quartz (pic)
8. quartz hanging wall (pic)
9. the locator map matches to this spot (earth)
10. the trap and dry rocker frame (pic)
11. the cave left side on the slope (pic)
12. the rock marker (pic)
13. rest of the stone house ruin (pic)
14. north-south tending canyon (earth)
15. much brush in the canyon (pic + earth)
16. wiesners map match with this spot (earth)
17. you can see the trail but you can’t see the mine from the trail
18. the rays of the setting sun shines into the mine (on west side)
19. the mine entrance look like a horse ear (pic)
20. red dust on waltz trouser
21. if you find wiesners grave you found the mine (pic + vid)
22. the ruin on the hill and the house in the canyon is both exactly 0,5 miles away (earth)
23. the mine is 1,5 miles from a cave with a two room house (earth)
24. little house in the brush (earth)
25. 56 miles from phoenix (earth)

most of the other mines in that area are asbestos...manganese ..uranium and zeolites...

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
most of the other mines in that area are asbestos...manganese ..uranium and zeolites...

i have absolutely no geological experience, thats why i can't prove it. but you can. once you said. the redder than better. and i heard that iron is a good hint for gold.

DSC_0393.JPG DSC_0394.JPG DSC_0406.JPG

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
i have absolutely no geological experience, thats why i can't prove it. but you can. once you said. the redder than better. and i heard that iron is a good hint for gold.

View attachment 1342557 View attachment 1342558 View attachment 1342559

blackline...in arizona there is an old saying ..when looking for gold ore...look for red rock..the redder the better......but red is just an indicator ..all it tells you is you should test it...i have tested hundreds of red rocks...only about 5% end up having gold...arizona is full of red iron stained quartz...most of it is barren of precious metals...if you still have doubts ..send it out and have it tested

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
i had always asked if anyone can help me to assay it, but i got no answer. i send one request to a geological university in hamburg. they told me, they cant help me. have to find an assayer in the usa. until today i didnt find anything about the costs and so else.

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
an old saying is also... gold is where you find it, right?

i dont say that the following map is right, but if the locator map leads to my mine and it is a spanish mine, then this could be the other locations for the peralta mines. sorry for the inaccurate lines. for me the sombrero have 4 stripes and right side something that could be a waterfall. check this with the map. really i dont say that it is correct, but it could be!?

on the sombrero is a ruin at 33°36'48.57"N 111° 7'55.31"W

map-peralta.jpg map-peralta2.jpg

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
i had always asked if anyone can help me to assay it, but i got no answer. i send one request to a geological university in hamburg. they told me, they cant help me. have to find an assayer in the usa. until today i didnt find anything about the costs and so else.

there are many assay offices available....jacobs in tucson would do it...you really dont need to assay it....just crush the rock and pan it

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
there are many assay offices available....jacobs in tucson would do it...you really dont need to assay it....just crush the rock and pan it

had done it... what i found is that little piece of gold. the photograph is on thread superstition places and things

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
if my interpretation of the minas del oro map is right then you would find at 33°36'27.34"N 111° 8'21.32"W mesa ruins. and at 33°36'4.24"N 111° 8'11.60"W is the "felsenspitze". then look at the pic from the "felsenspitze" and right side above... there is something that look like a door with a X marker. maybe the indian treasure?

View attachment 1342753 treasm33.gif
indian-treasure.jpg indian-treasure1.jpg
is copyright by hikearizona.com

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo,:coffee2:Only you can answer that, Only the nose, knows for sure,:hello:np:cat:

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
The Mexicans sure did have some sweet helo's to get those aerial views to make those maps. Think I read that sometime in the late 1820s was the height of Mexican aviation.

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
The Mexicans sure did have some sweet helo's to get those aerial views to make those maps. Think I read that sometime in the late 1820s was the height of Mexican aviation.

just go on top of the three hills. so marty mcfly and your helo can get back to the future.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the map in mind, I believe the Peak the map refers to is Weavers Needle as some have speculated it was miners needle. This seems to prove beyond a doubt it is Weavers.

So the old military trails would be as shown on the overlay.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some help for you guys.

I'll be using it in my search. The old Military trails overlaid and sized on google earth. Quite stunning actually....

View attachment 1343736 View attachment 1343738

Tell me what you think?

Bill

I believe your map is accurate but i can't see under the overlay . Make another one with more transparent overlay and take out the photos frames .

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
havent spent much time on it... will do it now, but its not easy to comprhend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread