Finding maps and images on T-Net.........

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not a programmer or geek. But have interest in the concept of IMAGE storage and retreival. Without dozens of the same image with their users ID number. Like a unique serial number for the image. So duplicate files will show easier.

There are software to recognize duplicate images or files. How that works I have no idea. How does an image become a search term? What tells the software this image has a duplicate? We use whatever method that works for us. How would search the peak with the hole in Super Mtns? Without having to scroll through hundreds of images.

I have an idea. Generating unique numbers from the image itself. Like the old hash-total checksums. So we identify an image or map of LDM. Build a unique ID for it. ... but where to find it? interesting.. How does Googel Image find stuff? Is that a tool we could incorporate into TN?

Every thought brings me back to an image server. Which I used a lot selling stuff on ebay. That is a possibility. It does cost a bit for storage and band width. That would work... SOMEONE would have to manage the project. And allow easy access to thumbnail prints? Select and print or link? Copyright smells on this idea. UNLESS:

If we can utilize open source free access to link say to Govt sites or Library of Congress? Too much stuff in my head now. But if we find it on Google can we copy?

Bob

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In a search application I had to OCR Black Old German Typeface. Did some research and, at the time OCR software looked at the Architecture of a letter or symbol. Which is why we download font types I think. How would you describe an image or map that way?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread