Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Jesuit dutchman

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    au
    Marty

    Sep 2013
    Sydney
    CTX 3030 GPX 5000 Garrett Infinium LS AT Pro AT Gold 45 inch mono Drag Coil
    487
    651 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Jesuit dutchman

    Hey everyone. Im from aus. So i dont really 100% know the ins and outs of the dutchmans tale. But i have just finished watched the legend of superstition mountains and their search for the dutchman.
    It got me thinking. Does it seem possible that perhaps the original stash/mine was infact done by the jesuits. Re discovered my the mexican family then taken by the dutchman.
    audigger53 likes this.

  2. #2

    Feb 2004
    Mesa Arizona
    1,914
    2466 times
    Thanks for watching the show.

  3. #3
    us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    631
    285 times
    Old Jesuits and Spainish Mines
    Yeah a second season would have been nice!
    But you were my favorite Sarg!
    audigger53 likes this.

  4. #4
    us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    631
    285 times
    Old Jesuits and Spainish Mines
    Oh the Topic!

    No I do not believe the Dutchmen was a Jesuit.
    The order was destroyed in what 1767 give or take.
    Dutchman born around 1810 became a old man then finds his Gold.
    So a hundred years pass since the disbandment of the Jesuits.
    I think its
    a highly improbable that there is a connection.
    But I do believe there a very high chance it is a Jesuit mining site!
    Cause why is there a smelter in there and a crusher and a bunch of mines!
    There was a quite large mining operation going on at one time.

    Wrmickel1
    markmar and audigger53 like this.

  5. #5
    Charter Member

    Dec 2005
    Arizona
    7,384
    4117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wrmickel1 View Post
    Oh the Topic!

    No I do not believe the Dutchmen was a Jesuit.
    The order was destroyed in what 1767 give or take.
    Dutchman born around 1810 became a old man then finds his Gold.
    So a hundred years pass since the disbandment of the Jesuits.
    I think its
    a highly improbable that there is a connection.
    But I do believe there a very high chance it is a Jesuit mining site!
    Cause why is there a smelter in there and a crusher and a bunch of mines!
    There was a quite large mining operation going on at one time.

    Wrmickel1
    Wrm.,

    The Jesuits of today will be shocked to hear that they were "destroyed" around 1767. Are you unaware that they were allowed to return to Mexico in 1840? Not that I believe, for a moment, that Waltz was a Jesuit.

    Good luck,

    Joe
    " Hell, I was there!" Elmer Keith
    "There is an ancient proverb that says a man can never forgive you for a wrong he has done you." From a wise friend.

  6. #6
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

    Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    6,973
    6182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wrmickel1 View Post
    Oh the Topic!

    No I do not believe the Dutchmen was a Jesuit.
    The order was destroyed in what 1767 give or take.
    Dutchman born around 1810 became a old man then finds his Gold.
    So a hundred years pass since the disbandment of the Jesuits.
    I think its
    a highly improbable that there is a connection.
    But I do believe there a very high chance it is a Jesuit mining site!
    Cause why is there a smelter in there and a crusher and a bunch of mines!
    There was a quite large mining operation going on at one time.

    Wrmickel1
    Not to pick a bone over it, but why Jesuits for the mining activity, and not Spanish and/or Mexicans? The techniques and technology would be the same for any of these, and in fact many early Anglo miners used ancient methods like arrastras etc. Thank you in advance.

    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

  7. #7

    Jan 2014
    1,230
    1903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusjumper View Post
    Wrm.,

    The Jesuits of today will be shocked to hear that they were "destroyed" around 1767. Are you unaware that they were allowed to return to Mexico in 1840? Not that I believe, for a moment, that Waltz was a Jesuit.

    Good luck,

    Joe

    Not only that, but just two centuries later, a Jesuit sits on the highest throne of the Catholic hierarchy. I suspect Clement XIV would be a little upset to discover that, if he were alive today.
    audigger53 and cactusjumper like this.

  8. #8
    mt
    Sep 2014
    1,564
    3676 times
    The facts behind the factoids
    Quote Originally Posted by deducer View Post
    Not only that, but just two centuries later, a Jesuit sits on the highest throne of the Catholic hierarchy. I suspect Clement XIV would be a little upset to discover that, if he were alive today.

    Well, remember: "Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows."
    "Trust me, Wilbur. People are very gullible. They'll believe anything they see in print."
    E.B. White

  9. #9
    us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    631
    285 times
    Old Jesuits and Spainish Mines
    No bone picked, Zoom my Avitar, Found Some where!
    Oroblanco and audigger53 like this.

  10. #10
    us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    631
    285 times
    Old Jesuits and Spainish Mines
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusjumper View Post
    Wrm.,

    The Jesuits of today will be shocked to hear that they were "destroyed" around 1767. Are you unaware that they were allowed to return to Mexico in 1840? Not that I believe, for a moment, that Waltz was a Jesuit.

    Good luck,

    Joe
    Very aware Joe,

    I also know Some! There seems to be a flaw in your dates! en.m.wikipeda.org
    And Joe the new order of the Jesuits, is what they call them selves today. Because there past WAS BROKEN. But you know that.

    Wrmickel1
    audigger53 likes this.

  11. #11
    au
    Marty

    Sep 2013
    Sydney
    CTX 3030 GPX 5000 Garrett Infinium LS AT Pro AT Gold 45 inch mono Drag Coil
    487
    651 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by wrmickel1 View Post
    Oh the Topic!

    No I do not believe the Dutchmen was a Jesuit.
    The order was destroyed in what 1767 give or take.
    Dutchman born around 1810 became a old man then finds his Gold.
    So a hundred years pass since the disbandment of the Jesuits.
    I think its
    a highly improbable that there is a connection.
    But I do believe there a very high chance it is a Jesuit mining site!
    Cause why is there a smelter in there and a crusher and a bunch of mines!
    There was a quite large mining operation going on at one time.

    Wrmickel1
    Hey wrmickel1 i was implying the dutchman was a jesuit. Just shorthanding the idea that perhaps he found one of their source mines

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Oroblanco and audigger53 like this.

  12. #12
    um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

    Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    6,973
    6182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marticus View Post
    Hey wrmickel1 i was implying the dutchman was a jesuit. Just shorthanding the idea that perhaps he found one of their source mines
    I realize this was directed to Wrmickel1 however that is an interesting theory. It would explain some things too. If the Jesuits had any mines in the Superstitions, which is not impossible, it stands to reason that they would have been hidden, probably by the Indians themselves either to protect the mines for the Jesuits return or to avoid ever being forced to work in them again.

    On the other hand, we have virtually no documentation of any Jesuit mines in the Superstitions. If anyone knows of any such documentation, (which would later prove very helpful to anyone that might find the mine, to help establish some kind of legal evidence for a lawsuit to obtain legal possession) I would sure appreciate if you would share it, thanks in advance.

    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

  13. #13
    au
    Marty

    Sep 2013
    Sydney
    CTX 3030 GPX 5000 Garrett Infinium LS AT Pro AT Gold 45 inch mono Drag Coil
    487
    651 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I did it again typo. Ment to write i wasn't implying lol

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    audigger53 likes this.

  14. #14
    au
    Marty

    Sep 2013
    Sydney
    CTX 3030 GPX 5000 Garrett Infinium LS AT Pro AT Gold 45 inch mono Drag Coil
    487
    651 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Oroblanco View Post
    I realize this was directed to Wrmickel1 however that is an interesting theory. It would explain some things too. If the Jesuits had any mines in the Superstitions, which is not impossible, it stands to reason that they would have been hidden, probably by the Indians themselves either to protect the mines for the Jesuits return or to avoid ever being forced to work in them again.

    On the other hand, we have virtually no documentation of any Jesuit mines in the Superstitions. If anyone knows of any such documentation, (which would later prove very helpful to anyone that might find the mine, to help establish some kind of legal evidence for a lawsuit to obtain legal possession) I would sure appreciate if you would share it, thanks in advance.

    Hey oro. I cant say i know all the ins and out of the superstitions. Me being from aus we have our own sort of stories similar but not a fascinating. I only know of the docos and treasure stories about it which are very interesting. But i would like to see more on it. Im sure if some great wealth was found. The gov would be straight onto it

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    audigger53 and Oroblanco like this.

  15. #15
    Charter Member

    Dec 2005
    Arizona
    7,384
    4117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wrmickel1 View Post
    Very aware Joe,

    I also know Some! There seems to be a flaw in your dates! en.m.wikipeda.org
    And Joe the new order of the Jesuits, is what they call them selves today. Because there past WAS BROKEN. But you know that.

    Wrmickel1
    Wrm.,

    I fear your research is incomplete, and you are in error.

    The Jesuit Order has never been "broken". The Order was suppressed in all countries, except for Prussia and Russia. Catherine the Great had millions of Catholics, including a great number of Jesuits, who lived in the Polish provinces, which had been annexed by the Kingdom of Prussia around the time of the Pope's Bull suppressing the Order. The Order's works have been continued, unbroken, since it's formation in 1540.

    There are any number of books which can inform you of Jesuit history. If you would like suggestions, I will be happy to provide them for you.

    Good luck,

    Joe
    Last edited by cactusjumper; Sep 30, 2016 at 06:26 PM.
    Oroblanco and audigger53 like this.
    " Hell, I was there!" Elmer Keith
    "There is an ancient proverb that says a man can never forgive you for a wrong he has done you." From a wise friend.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Help Symbols jesuit
    By Alessandro in forum Treasure Marks/Signs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2015, 03:20 PM
  2. well i found the dutchman mine and turns out i am the dutchman
    By rplatym in forum The Lost Dutchman's Mine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 02, 2015, 04:49 PM
  3. jesuit #7
    By dog, the treasure hunter in forum Treasure Marks/Signs
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: Sep 22, 2014, 06:48 PM
  4. Jesuit
    By gorgias in forum Treasure Marks/Signs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Nov 05, 2010, 09:56 PM
  5. the jesuit
    By mercinarie in forum Treasure Legends
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Apr 17, 2008, 11:41 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0