A Rare Barry Storm Item!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I recently acquired a copy of Barry Storm's Practical Pistoleering; A Manual of Practical Revolver Shooting Techniques (1943).

Barry Storm PP 12 2016.jpg

The Preface states the publisher asked Mr. Storm to write this - and then says very nice things about him. Of course, he was the Southwestern Press.

Barry Storm PP 12 2016 2.0.jpg

A previous owner inserted an article on "Signs of Treasure" from the July 1945 issue of Adventure Magazine. Like almost every other pamphlet, book chapter or magazine article on this subject, it's taken directly from Prof. J. Frank Dobie's classic Coronado's Children.

Barry Storm PP 12 2016 3.0.jpg

I'm very glad to have a copy of this little work. it is the first one I've seen offered for sale in decades. I don't think it has a lot of useful information, however. This "technique" by the author appears to be a good way to shoot yourself in the gut. Or the foot.

Barry Storm PP 12 2016 3.0 001.jpg

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I recently acquired a copy of Barry Storm's Practical Pistoleering; A Manual of Practical Revolver Shooting Techniques (1943).

View attachment 1395416

The Preface states the publisher asked Mr. Storm to write this - and then says very nice things about him. Of course, he was the Southwestern Press.

View attachment 1395417

A previous owner inserted an article on "Signs of Treasure" from the July 1945 issue of Adventure Magazine. Like almost every other pamphlet, book chapter or magazine article on this subject, it's taken directly from Prof. J. Frank Dobie's classic Coronado's Children.

View attachment 1395418

I'm very glad to have a copy of this little work. it is the first one I've seen offered for sale in decades. I don't think it has a lot of useful information, however. This "technique" by the author appears to be a good way to shoot yourself in the gut. Or the foot.

View attachment 1395419

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
nice find

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Thank you! It's amazing what you can come up with if you never stop looking. It only took me about 30 years...

It was printed during WW II, so the run probably wasn't very large. Which is true of most of "Barry Storm's" self-published books.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find. Thanks for sharing it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread