history channel

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know but I was wondering the same thing.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems they stopped after they found that long ladder

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going up the ladder, in the cave there was a cross on the wall. Maybe they moved the cross & a wall opened with riches beyond belief.
Maybe there all gone enjoying their booty!!

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
The show is still being aired around the world. It's in Israel now. Over 30 million watched it. The gold is safe. Don't worry.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Or, they opened the door and they found a note that said, YOUR A LITTLE TO LATE GENTLEMEN, BABYMICK1[emoji41]

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
just for the production company..lol

A sizzle reel of the show idea is made by a production company and shown to a network. If they like it the network may order some 30 or 60 min episodes. The production company is usually paid a fixed fee. The network owns the show. If you are part of the cast your last contract is with the network. Not the production company. Your first contract will be with the production company. This is the norm though agreements can change. In the end the network makes the $. Production companies usually spend their end on new sizzle reels. They can and do blow it if they make the wrong choice.
Only 1 to 2% of the sizzle reel show ideas make it to TV It's a risky business.

Last edited:

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I receive many messages from grannies. They all want me. With so many to chose from how can you pick just one.

You sure they didn't see those pans of gold flakes you have been showing?

My Dad called me from Vegas once, in his 70's, while he was there for a vendors convention, said he had 2 women sitting at his table that "just loved him...." I asked if he was sure it was him or all the cash he was spending on them...he said "damn son, just burst and ol' man's bubble....Don't tell your mom"...LOL

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Runs in the family Bill. My cousin Chief Justice Roy Moore gave a talk at President Trumps prayer breakfast this morning. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484935592.913396.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The reasons the show didn't make it - in my opinion, was bad formulation, direction, and an uninteresting crew. They knew they were not going to find anything, and unfortunately, so did the audience. :skullflag:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry

I'll have to disagree on some of that. I don't agree with the audience part unless your from this treasure site cause most do not know of the area. And Frank has a hard ass funny way about him that a peeled to most in the the Dakota's that watched it. Should of had some very hot girls on the show, Not the gramma's though.

Babymick1

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
It is actually a complement that Terry did not like the show. Millions are still watching it around the world. The goal of the show was looking at various legends in the Superstitions. In other words the bull the writers read on the net. Guess who writes that stuff? Yep. We do! I enjoyed the whole process. I think Terry is a little jealous. Who said we did not find anything. Perhaps it was not aired for a reason.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is actually a complement that Terry did not like the show. Millions are still watching it around the world. The goal of the show was looking at various legends in the Superstitions. In other words the bull the writers read on the net. Guess who writes that stuff? Yep. We do! I enjoyed the whole process. I think Terry is a little jealous. Who said we did not find anything. Perhaps it was not aired for a reason.

Frank, you're a great guy. I respect you and your service as a LEO. You let the Director make you into a cartoon character. The rest of the crew was trailer trash right out of central casting. Jealous? No. I've shot stuff for American, Dutch, English, and French television over the years. It is a lot of standing around, doing stuff over and over again, and putting up with producers and directors that in my experience are not folks you would want at your campfire.

The show sucked Frank, but you are a stand up guy. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread