Cave of gold bars

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe:

Larry Wandell : re: Harry France

"Information received while visiting Fort Whipple VA Hospital in Prescott, Arizona. Harry Leslie France was born January 11, 1921 in the state of Ohio. Both his father and mother were born in Ohio. His father’s name was Homer Elson France; his mother was Sylvia Evelyn France (Dailey).
Harry was a WWII veteran and served from May 5, 1941-Jun 22, 1945. While in the service, Harry developed a duodenal ulcer. He also had a bronchial condition and Malaria, which were not service connected.
Harry Leslie France, according to the Social Security Death Index, died January 26 of 1974 he was 53 years of age. His residence at the time in Prescott was Box 785 Grand Ave Glendale, Arizona. SSN-295-12-6698 was issued-Ohio (before 1951).
Tracy said Harry was not in good health. He lived with me for six months at my place in Whitman."

What is it about the above quote that you believe to be not entirely factual ?
And what would DeGrazia's relationship to the "cave of gold bars" and Harry France be ?

Regards:Wayne

Wayne,

I suppose only that there is more to the Harry LaFrance story than what is public knowledge. I looked hard for evidence of Harry LaFrance or Harry France in Arizona. The only thing I could find was a census report showing a Harry LaFrance living in a hotel in Tucson in the 30s. His occupation was listed as a dry goods salesman, as I remember. That could have placed him in Morenci in that time period. I could find nothing else. Did DeGrazia have some kind of connection with Harry LaFrance? Seems like a reasonable question to me.

Take care,

Joe

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My DeGrazia source has passed away (I believe) he was my band director at Florence Union H.S when I was there, 1960-1964. Last time I talked with him was in 1982, if I have the dates correct. Stayed at my mothers house stopped over to see my old Band Director and asked if he knew the painter DeGrazia. (my old home during H.S.) Frank DeGrazia told me it was his brother and he had stopped by on the way home from going out towards the Supes to bury his earlier works to keep from having to pay Income Taxes on them. Ted stopped by on the way back home to talk with him (Frank) and bragged that they would not be able to tax him on his early works. That he had put them into PC pipes, sealed them and buried them wrapped in carpet and canvas. Maybe someday someone will be walking out in the area and see the PC pipes sticking up and find a "Lost Treasure". Frank did tell me that Ted was not well thought of by the rest of the family, but didn't go into details and I didn't press him. Maybe when someone digs up the ground to build a new housing project, they will uncover the PC. That should make news at least in Arizona.

geezerdb

Jan 18, 2013
NE Oregon
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab X-Terra 705, Mine Lab GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Blackline, at least you are having fun and living a dream you have. Most folks will never put boots on the ground to go and at least look around. So even if you don't find any of the gold stuff, you have some great memories of looking and seeing some great sites. And who knows, you may get lucky and actually stumble on something . . . . .

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a good thing I don't live there.I'd head into the mountains and Never come out :)

OP
OP
BlackLine

BlackLine

Feb 7, 2016
NRW, Germany
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Blackline, at least you are having fun and living a dream you have. Most folks will never put boots on the ground to go and at least look around. So even if you don't find any of the gold stuff, you have some great memories of looking and seeing some great sites. And who knows, you may get lucky and actually stumble on something . . . . .

Yeah youre so right. Living the dream. Fantastic expierience and this beautiful wildlife. I miss the sound of the stones under my shoes, but i will bring it to the end. Third trip is already booked. Maybe i will see u guys all out there. Hope so...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread