Similarities of the Perfil Map and Frog Tanks Trail

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
perfilmapa (2).jpg I noticed some similarities of the Perfil Mapa and the trail north of Angel Basin in Rogers Canyon. I found the cave by accident when I was checking out that area years ago. It`s about .9 miles from Angel Basin on the left side, across the creek where there still may be somebodies gear left behind. I think some hikers found an old leather pouch of gold around there awhile back. Just past that is a pretty big spire that match`s up. Past that is a large rock formation up on the right side that looks like a Bighead and has a profile of a face looking up to the east. I looked around up there for a little bit but didn`t find anything but a barbed wire fence going up. Also the hill in the background on the map match`s pretty close to the one there. 047.JPG 005.JPG 010 (3).JPG perfil.JPG perfil1.JPG The pics of the head are from the N. end looking back. 041.JPG The rock formation up on White Mt.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Hoyo @ 33*28'44.78"N 111*12'52.54"W, Here`s a shot from across the canyon. hoyo.JPG

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stroker

IMO , the Perfil mapa , is a reversed view from the Peralta's " Camp plato " looking south . There was another Peralta's miners camp " Campo trabajadores " about half mile to the south . These two camps were close by two different water sources .

From the " Camp plato " you can't see all the details of the Perfil mapa , like the " human Head " , the " Tunel " , the " Caverna con Casa " and the " Agua " , but only the big landmarks like the " S.Cima " , the tip of " El Sombrero " and the deep ravine between them . Going to the ravine and crossing above the hill in front , first you will see the " Agua " with the specific course in the map . Going deeper in the ravine , you will see what seems to be the " Caverna con Casa " to the right and the " Tunel " on the other side to the left . Going through this ravine and beeing at its top , you will see the " Head " ( a big rock on the mountain side ) high to the left , and the wall cliff below and east of the " Head " .

Now , the " Hoyo " is logical you can't see it but only when you will be upon it . The map shows where is the "Hoyo " in regards with the " Head " .
I post a picture with the Perfil mapa reversed and another picture ( is little blurry because is a small part of a bigger picture ) which was took a short distance west from the " Camp plato " . In this picture you can see the " S.Cima " to the left and the deep ravine .

perfilmapa reversed.jpg almost.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know, do you Marius? I think it would be the coolest thing to follow your hunch and actually find something out there.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will never know if you will never try .

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine in your center photo

Have you searched this mine I cropped from your photo? (center of this photo)
perfil (2).JPG
here is another view of the formation
North Rogers Canyon.jpg

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be the coolest thing to follow your hunch and actually find something out there.

I am curious as to why you made this statement when you have a photo of extremely rich gold. I believe the name of this area is Hole Spring.

Last edited:
OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish.

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else see the gold? The Electrum jumps right off the photo. I have it cropped, but wanted to see who has eyes to spot it.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's moss you are looking at. If you want I'll take you there to see.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moss? I do not think so, that glow is in the shadows.
Rough - Rogers Canyon Gold (2).JPG

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else see the gold? The Electrum jumps right off the photo. I have it cropped, but wanted to see who has eyes to spot it.

Are you Superman's cousin ?

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No special powers, just an Indian heart, and Spanish observation for gold.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Often the case Chuck. But still, you never know until you get close enough for a good look at or inside.
It'll get a whole lot easier when hi rez camera drones get small enough to carry in a small case or shirt pocket....and less expensive.

Regards:Wayne

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Often the case Chuck. But still, you never know until you get close enough for a good look at or inside.
It'll get a whole lot easier when hi rez camera drones get small enough to carry in a small case or shirt pocket....and less expensive.

Regards:Wayne

wayne...they already have them....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread