Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEGlover

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may seem out of place on a treasure net forum, but I do not think it is. For all our interest and efforts concerning the Lost Dutchman Mine, the Lost Peg Leg, Oak Island, etc. perhaps we should take stock of our real treasures -- wives, children, friends, health. I can not think that there is one grieving parent in Manchester who would not give all their material wealth away if they could get their son or daughter back.

As many of you know I have strong ties to England, to Britain. We lived their during the bombing campaign of the IRA. We experienced the spirit of the Brits. -- no hyperbole, simply a stiff upper lip and a stiff backbone. My wife and I shopped at places that were bombed. We traveled the Tube with signs about how to spot bombs. No one got all hysterical, or *****ed. They/we simply went on with their/our lives. Below is an email I received for a long time and dear friend. Thought perhaps some might find it of interest.

Thomas

"Here is a clip from the BBC re Trump’s comment on Manchester.

Manchester attack: Trump calls attacker a 'loser' - BBC News <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40010706>

Nice of him to sympathise, but I am struck by his idea that a person who murders children should not be called a ‘monster', but is better described as a ‘loser’. When did ‘loser’ become the most condemnatory thing you could say about a person? Is that a Trump idea or is that prevalent in US culture?"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, the attack was horrible and you have our sympathy and support, but to discuss President Trump's response falls under politics and politics is only allowed in our politics forum found under Charter Member forum.

Thread will be locked and disappear after awhile.

OP
OP
T

TEGlover

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not mean to offend. Thought others might like to know a bit from the other side of the Pond.

Your response, however, seems a bit “curious” given many past posts i have seen on the forum. And the end comments on your own post boggle the mind in consideration of content of the first two sentences of your post. The word hypocrisy comes to mind.

The solution is simple. Please delete my details, password, etc.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not mean to offend. Thought others might like to know a bit from the other side of the Pond.

Your response, however, seems a bit “curious” given many past posts i have seen on the forum. And the end comments on your own post boggle the mind in consideration of content of the first two sentences of your post. The word hypocrisy comes to mind.

The solution is simple. Please delete my details, password, etc.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

That is your choice, I am simply enforcing TreasureNet rules, you can discuss the attack as long as it remains nonpolitical. I left thread open so you knew why it was being closed and disappearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread