Attachments

• dutchman.jpeg
    dutchman.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 226

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Most probably put in by the Peraltas as directional locaters, like followthe yellow brick road.

motel,

My Uncle, Chuck Ribaudo, followed that "yellow brick road" to this site:

I imagine the claim is still visible on Black Top.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool photo and imformation, I hope he found something. I have no intention of searching for the mines,however my guess is they were located a long time ago. I thinking the photo I posted was taken sometime between 1920 and 1940. Photo I posted came out of a Barry Storm book.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Cool photo and imformation, I hope he found something. I have no intention of searching for the mines,however my guess is they were located a long time ago. I thinking the photo I posted was taken sometime between 1920 and 1940. Photo I posted came out of a Barry Storm book.

motel,

According to Storm, the picture you posted was taken in August of 1937. It was taken "in the presence of George Snell and Francis Spitchal." Note #19, page 162 of "Thunder Gods Gold". I have #176 of 5,000 of the first printing, first edition signed by Storm.

Al Morrow showed my uncle and his team the exact location where the Cactus Marker once stood. There was a flat rock over a brass marker at that spot.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
these photos were shot on the south side of Canyon Lake

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John,

Saguaros grow from the top and get thicker with age. They don't grow from the ground up. Those rocks are stuck in a place that's only ten or twenty years old. If a Spaniard placed them there, he must have flown in to Sky Harbor about ten years ago.

Mike

the other 30 odd feet down from the heart stone in the saguaro, is down in a ravine, I leaned over as far as I could to get that shot. why don't you go out there with me and I'll show you where all the stuff is at... it's no big deal

Last edited:

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the only problem I see with some know it alls on this site, is that you all want to discuss things... but when someone comes along with photo evidence... your darn quick to bash them... maybe I will keeps my find to myself and not share them with you so called experts, as far as I'm concerned... talk is cheap, unless you have a photo to back it up!

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only problem I see with some know it alls on this site, is that you all want to discuss things... but when someone comes along with photo evidence... your darn quick to bash them... maybe I will keeps my find to myself and not share them with you so called experts, as far as I'm concerned... talk is cheap, unless you have a photo to back it up!

It seems to me that gollum made a valid point. It was discussed and ya didnt like the reply

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suppose you are going to say some snide remark about this too

19990121_459998101023613_16284704971783258_n.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said YOU did anything wrong. Its like I have always told people about Treasure Stories; before learning a bunch of treasure stories, learn actual history. That way, if someone tells you they know about a Jesuit Treasure hidden by them in 1791, you can immediately call bullshit (they were suppressed worldwide by the Catholic Church in 1773). You seem to take it so personally that the stones in your Saguaro Monument could not be older than 10-20 years. Its a simple fact that Saguaros grow from the top-up, and not the ground up. It doesn't matter where the other stone is in that plant. If the top two aren't older than about 20 years, the bottom stone is suspect. Why would you take a simple fact so personally?

As for the second pic, I agree with Dave. Its a nice pic. What are you claiming its a picture of?

......and by the way. I have been in Arizona since the beginning of June. All around Canyon and Apache Lakes, and mostly camped near Peralta Trailhead and the Don's Camp. I'll be back down that way on the 22nd with the guys from the "Legend of Superstition Mountain" TV Show. If you want to tell me where the cacti is, cool. You could also show me. Either way.

Mike

Mike

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I never said YOU did anything wrong. Its like I have always told people about Treasure Stories; before learning a bunch of treasure stories, learn actual history. That way, if someone tells you they know about a Jesuit Treasure hidden by them in 1791, you can immediately call bullshit (they were suppressed worldwide by the Catholic Church in 1773). You seem to take it so personally that the stones in your Saguaro Monument could not be older than 10-20 years. Its a simple fact that Saguaros grow from the top-up, and not the ground up. It doesn't matter where the other stone is in that plant. If the top two aren't older than about 20 years, the bottom stone is suspect. Why would you take a simple fact so personally?

As for the second pic, I agree with Dave. Its a nice pic. What are you claiming its a picture of?

......and by the way. I have been in Arizona since the beginning of June. All around Canyon and Apache Lakes, and mostly camped near Peralta Trailhead and the Don's Camp. I'll be back down that way on the 22nd with the guys from the "Legend of Superstition Mountain" TV Show. If you want to tell me where the cacti is, cool. You could also show me. Either way.

Mike

Mike

mike..let me know when your gonna be camping at dons....maybe i'll stop by and say hi

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mike..let me know when your gonna be camping at dons....maybe i'll stop by and say hi

I was just down there about a week ago for two days (when it rained buckets). I stepped on a f***ing rattlesnake outside the Sweat Lodge at the Upper Don's Camp just about dusk. When I took a step, and it felt like I stepped on a water balloon, I jumped up about four feet, and back about five. I have stepped on and in most everything out there, but the squishy water balloon feel is unique to snakes. I was airborne before the first rattle. If I hadn't stepped on one previously, I might have had to look down to see what it was, and got bit. HAHAHA I'm not sure, but a girly sound might have come out of me, and I MAY have peed......just a little. Also heard a ghost (that story later).

Mike

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I was just down there about a week ago for two days (when it rained buckets). I stepped on a f***ing rattlesnake outside the Sweat Lodge at the Upper Don's Camp just about dusk. When I took a step, and it felt like I stepped on a water balloon, I jumped up about four feet, and back about five. I have stepped on and in most everything out there, but the squishy water balloon feel is unique to snakes. I was airborne before the first rattle. If I hadn't stepped on one previously, I might have had to look down to see what it was, and got bit. HAHAHA I'm not sure, but a girly sound might have come out of me, and I MAY have peed......just a little. Also heard a ghost (that story later).

Mike

i stepped on a green mohave at the salt river..between saguaro and canyon lake.....im sure they heard me screaming clear back at the dock on saguaro lake....hate it when that happens

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i stepped on a green mohave at the salt river..between saguaro and canyon lake.....im sure they heard me screaming clear back at the dock on saguaro lake....hate it when that happens

Anybody hiking the desert/mountains needs to step on one ONCE.......and hopefully not get bit. After getting away with it once, you know that feel for the rest of your life, and don't need to look down to see what it is.

DonsCampSweatLodge.jpg
Don's Camp Sweat Lodge

DonsCampBuzztailBuddy.jpg
My little buddy after he ran into the sweat lodge. First one Ive seen this year......and I have been out more than usual.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread