Letter from Doc Rosencrans to my dad

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
No Dave

Its on Topic by Carrol's own admission to the Stones being a Travis interpretation. But I do believe you and Oro add no value to anything, You's best if you two hook up with RG and tell Old to join us.

yours truely

babymick1, Sarg take a look and give your opinion on the gold pic's.

mick....35 years ago carrol sr. told me those stone maps were fake and not to waste my time trying to figure them out...i listened to him..he never told me why he knew they were bogus but he said he knew for a fact they were...travis tumlinson and carrol ingle were both from the same part of texas..they were the same age..they were both interested in the superstition mountains...did they know each other?...did travis tell carrol something?..i dont know..i never asked carrol...chew on that for a while..

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick....35 years ago carrol sr. told me those stone maps were fake and not to waste my time trying to figure them out...i listened to him..he never told me why he knew they were bogus but he said he knew for a fact they were...travis tumlinson and carrol ingle were both from the same part of texas..they were the same age..they were both interested in the superstition mountains...did they know each other?...did travis tell carrol something?..i dont know..i never asked carrol...chew on that for a while..

IMG_1868.JPG

Once again Dave

Same Gold Same place Tell everyone your exclusive intellectual thought on it.

I read everything on Carrol's Dad and not once did he ever write or said he new the man or compared his work to Travis,
Till you happened to say he did. Something that important would have been said along time ago. Not even his own son did he trust and share such information too.

Probability of it, is 0

but I'm almost sure now Carrol a jump on and say, Ohhh he told me to. Then dads whole life's work will be trashed to, like you all have done To Travis.

babymick1

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Copper makes in reddish in color, Iron makes it brown. Depends on how much is with the gold. Normally gold is found about 80% not as ore, as low as 50% and as high as .999 Cripple Creek Colorado, that was all fine dust though. To check pyrite, push on it with a knife point or an awl. If it shatters/ flakes off, it is most likely Pyrite. There has been some Pyrite with gold in it but rare.

what makes green, bad lighting maybe, nickel maybe or other metals I guess. The homestake Mine has no shortage of green tinted gold, They been selling it for years. I don't know anyone around here that's never not had a ring or neck less made there. Even my wedding ring was black hills gold with a diamond in the center.

It's gold electronic testor that I carry.

babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
View attachment 1564001

Once again Dave

Same Gold Same place Tell everyone your exclusive intellectual thought on it.

I read everything on Carrol's Dad and not once did he ever write or said he new the man or compared his work to Travis,
Till you happened to say he did. Something that important would have been said along time ago. Not even his own son did he trust and share such information too.

Probability of it, is 0

but I'm almost sure now Carrol a jump on and say, Ohhh he told me to. Then dads whole life's work will be trashed to, like you all have done To Travis.

babymick1
i already told you..its placer gold well rounded by traveling in a stream...i said pic #1887 was pyrite...lay off the bottle and get with the program mick..lol....as far as carrol sr. goes..there was never much written about him except what carrol jr. posted..i knew the man for many years..i dont have to read about him....

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
what makes green, bad lighting maybe, nickel maybe or other metals I guess. The homestake Mine has no shortage of green tinted gold, They been selling it for years. I don't know anyone around here that's never not had a ring or neck less made there. Even my wedding ring was black hills gold with a diamond in the center.

It's gold electronic testor that I carry.

babymick1
who are you trying to convince...us or yourself?:dontknow:....you are more entertaining than tv and there is no commercials...lol

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
i already told you..its placer gold well rounded by traveling in a stream...i said pic #1887 was pyrite...lay off the bottle and get with the program mick..lol....as far as carrol sr. goes..there was never much written about him except what carrol jr. posted..i knew the man for many years..i dont have to read about him....

Same gold Same place there can't be two out comes,
placed there before it was squeezed in to its final place.
There is no pyrite.

So you New more then his own Son.
Your saying! Carrol perhaps you would like to comment on this.

babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Same gold Same place there can't be two out comes,
placed there before it was squeezed in to its final place.
There is no pyrite.

So you New more then his own Son.
Your saying! Carrol perhaps you would like to comment on this.

babymick1
mick...bring all you have to arizona...i have an xrf machine and will scan it for you..then you will know once and for all

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a few of the typed paged scanned, I'm not sure which one I posted. This one may be it:

View attachment 1563959

Now THAT's outstanding cowboy homeopathic medicine...a cure for Gold Fever/Claim Jumping: "The 00 Buck cure, the sure cure, the only cure, and it also puts the victim out of his misery."

They just don't make em like that any more. I'm glad you re-posted this stuff for Greg, I didn't get to see a lot of this stuff either. Thanks!

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Now THAT's outstanding cowboy homeopathic medicine...a cure for Gold Fever/Claim Jumping: "The 00 Buck cure, the sure cure, the only cure, and it also puts the victim out of his misery."

They just don't make em like that any more. I'm glad you re-posted this stuff for Greg, I didn't get to see a lot of this stuff either. Thanks!
`carrol sr was one of those guys that wrote down everything...if carrol jr ever decides to write a book based on his dads notes it ill be a good one

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Potbelly Jim:

I couldn't agree more about the importance of saving the historical record!

I'd like to put in a plug for the Superstition Mountain Historical Society. They have a wonderful museum and library. They publish a first-rate Journal with excellent articles. Anyone seriously hooked on the Lost Dutchman (and many more who have a casual or passing interest) will start there.

Happily, documents can be copied. In my experience, historical societies and libraries will perform the copying task for material they want to add to their collections.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Hi Bookaroo,

I had no idea they had a library there. It's been so long since I've been by, I didn't know what was going on...your post prompted me to go to their website again and take a closer look, seems they are planning on building some more. I signed up for 3 years (finally, always meant to but never got round to it). Thanks, Jim

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick...bring all you have to arizona...i have an xrf machine and will scan it for you..then you will know once and for all

Dave

I already have access to top of the line testing equipment. The Irving Group out of Canada started gold mining 3years ago after I spent eight months searching there 8 million acres to find sites of interest, a year ago they partnered up with a china company to Mine there too. There huge,

But back to the Omni things you built, NASA uses gold shielding to channel harmful radiation away from electronics, would it do the same to a cellphone because when I'm at the mine my cellphone works great. But nowhere else in there does this happen.

just wondering why it works

babymick1

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will pre-order it! C'mon Carrol, get typin'!!

Jim, I have a large list of people that want a book, fact is i'm not a writer. The only book I could do is a scrap book or pages & notes.
I have 2 large dishpack boxes & a tall file cabinet full of photos & pages/notes & more not counting what I've scanned/read so far.
The neat thing is in reading I remember a lot of events!

wrmickel1 I'm not here to prove anything. I am not a miner, prospector, or a treasure hunter & I don't know everything my dad did.
I grew up helping him shovel, blasting, core drilling, going down mine shafts, treasure/code hunting out there till I was about 20
then I was on my own & only helped when he needed it. I'm 59 now. Yes some on here knew things I didn't know,
Then I find the papers about it & I was totally surprised! My dad was very to himself especially to other prospectors.
The clues to weather he knew Travis may be in this thread.

I'm really not into the arguing side of this forum, why I left before.........just say'in.

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, I have a large list of people that want a book, fact is i'm not a writer. The only book I could do is a scrap book or pages & notes.
I have 2 large dishpack boxes & a tall file cabinet full of photos & pages/notes & more not counting what I've scanned/read so far.

wrmickel1 I'm not here to prove anything. I am not a miner, prospector, or a treasure hunter & I don't know everything my dad did.
I grew up helping him shovel, blasting, core drilling, going down mine shafts, treasure/code hunting out there till I was about 20
then I was on my own & only helped when he needed it. I'm 59 now. Yes some on here knew things I didn't know,
Then I find the papers about it & I was totally surprised! My dad was very to himself especially to other prospectors.

I'm really not into the arguing side of this forum, why I left before.........just say'in.

Carrol - I bet you'd be surprised what you could put together and that people would be thrilled to look at and read it. Selling books in such a "niche" market isn't going to make anyone rich, but it would be sorta cool knowing you've passed on the stories, history and photos for a future generation who might be inspired :).

If I lived in AZ, I'd see if you wanted help trying to put together something to self-publish. Being in NH it would probably be pretty tough to be in contact enough to accomplish a lot, but if you're ever interested in trying to put something together, let me know - maybe I can help.

Paul

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Then I find the papers about it & I was totally surprised!

Alrighty Then

I grew up with a fellow, Tom Domek, Free lance writer did some books on Old west gunslingers when he lived in Custer SD. He lives in Phoenix now, look him up on Facebook he might like to take your dads Treasure Story on. It's up his alley

Take Care. Babymick1

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carrol - I bet you'd be surprised what you could put together and that people would be thrilled to look at and read it. Selling books in such a "niche" market isn't going to make anyone rich, but it would be sorta cool knowing you've passed on the stories, history and photos for a future generation who might be inspired :).

If I lived in AZ, I'd see if you wanted help trying to put together something to self-publish. Being in NH it would probably be pretty tough to be in contact enough to accomplish a lot, but if you're ever interested in trying to put something together, let me know - maybe I can help.

Paul

Thanks, Last year I was talking to Ryan & it kind of hit a nerve with me. He said,
Carrol would you really want to give out all your dad has worked for? It really stunned me. When he passed I decided to let all the stuff pass with him, then many years later that tv series came on....& i'm watching it & going..........I knew him! & I knew him etc. & how the whole show was bogus but it was fun to watch.....& that's what steered me to tnet.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Last year I was talking to Ryan & it kind of hit a nerve with me. He said,
Carrol would you really want to give out all your dad has worked for? It really stunned me. When he passed I decided to let all the stuff pass with him, then many years later that tv series came on....& i'm watching it & going..........I knew him! & I knew him etc. & how the whole show was bogus but it was fun to watch.....& that's what steered me to tnet.

Different people do things for different reasons. Ryan has his reasons for working on his productions whether they be $$, ego, notoriety or whatever. The only interest I would have in helping someone tell their or their dad's story is to share the things he did and to leave a legacy that satisfies you or your family. Heck, you could always start by just putting together sort of a short biography of your dad, include some photos and a few noteworthy stories that you like or remember and see if Greg is willing to include them in a future edition of the SMHS Journal or something. There's lots of different angles you can take.

On the other hand, nobody would fault you for keeping your stories for yourself and your family - sometimes that's the most important thing :).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions