Letter from Doc Rosencrans to my dad

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Carrol: Would you please relist, "Attachment 1473256", Letter from Doc to your dad which you posted July 16, 2017. It now comes up invalid when trying to open it. I did not get a chance to read it. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny reading this, we use to stand on a ladder to look thru the saguaro sight holes made with pipe.
Here he mentions cleaning out a spider in the sight hole!!

View attachment 1563630

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Carrol: Great pictures however I do not recognize the person standing by your dad. Maybe someone on the forum will recognize him. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, Reading thru some of his notes he talks a lot about a covered shaft by the Miller house. Does it ring any bells?

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave, Reading thru some of his notes he talks a lot about a covered shaft by the Miller house. Does it ring any bells?[/QUOT

i have heard of the miller house but cant remember where it is...maybe greg knows?

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Carrol: You posted on July 6, 2017 a story by your father titled: Stories". It too had disappeared from the site. Again, a kind request asking if you would please re-post that "Stories" by your father. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Carrol: You posted on July 6, 2017 a story by your father titled: Stories". It too had disappeared from the site. Again, a kind request asking if you would please re-post that "Stories" by your father. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

I deleted most of the pictures I posted so it doesnt clog up this site. Can you steer me to the post so I can figure witch upload it was?

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i found the post..

2=3 is located exactly between the 2 washes. 2 saguaros, 1's top cut off to make a 3 saguaro....2=3 is exactly where it is according to the Tumlinson stone maps. But 2=3 is not the original intent of those saguaro markers, 2=3 is Travis's reference to the area when passing thru jotting things down (later putting it to stone, his rendition of the area). There is an outcrop about 15 feet from there.

...tomorrow night ill look thru the pages i have scanned.

Last edited:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok i found the post..

2=3 is located exactly between the 2 washes. 2 saguaros, 1's top cut off to make a 3 saguaro....2=3 is exactly where it is according to the Tumlinson stone maps. But 2=3 is not the original intent of those saguaro markers, 2=3 is Travis's reference to the area when passing thru jotting things down (later putting it to stone, his rendition of the area). There is an outcrop about 15 feet from there.

Carrol...I hope you would consider preserving all your father's papers and photos by submitting them to the Arizona Historical Society in Tucson. Your dad was an icon to many! Not only does your dad deserve it, but I think the people of Arizona and those who would study her history would benefit in ways we could never know! Preserve our history my brother...your Dad was an important part of it.... Best regards, Jim

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok i found the post..

Corral

There's a lot of holes to your Story, That don't wash.
Not one person has yet proved Travis made the Stone Maps, Period!
Not even the great Ryan Gordon, Now personality I liked your Fathers stuff, A True go getter.
But to suggest ones work as false, or a copy of your fathers, just rubs me alittle bit on the harsh side.
When in reality it's Your Dad who followed after Travis.

The Spanish treasure maps used the trinity system. 2-3-1,
2= start
3= directional
1= your there

2=3 means your at your direction Now your set for 1

I believe your dad found a personal stash marked by the system.
Had to store there shares just the same.

but do continue

babymick1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread