Ledge of Gold in the Superstitions

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
To answer my own question, since it seems to have been overlooked......The largest population in Mexico, other than the Natives, at the time the Jesuits arrived, was from Africa. Much of the disease that killed off the Natives from that era, came from them.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

ORO18

Aug 17, 2017
everywhere/Phoenix AZ.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT w blue coil, minelab...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dose any one know any story or historical info of a spaniard or paralta "apparently he was very important"getting bitten multiple times by a rattlesnake on the face, chin and left cheek just under the left eye and apparently he parished from the snake attack should have worn his face armor...any information would be helpful.

ORO18

Aug 17, 2017
everywhere/Phoenix AZ.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT w blue coil, minelab...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
besyds gold in hand what would be good no bull proof pic that it's real?? without braking any federal laws of course

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sailaway,

I don't know what initially got you all wound up, but your initial post on this subject had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the discussion. It was between Nobodie and myself regarding whether or not the Jesuits would have had Natives bury their treasures, then murder them to keep the secret.

Like many people here, you seem to lose the differentiation between Jesuits and Spaniards. Yes, Spaniards did horrible things to many indigenous people everywhere they colonized (as did most other Colonial Countries). Your example of the Taino Indian Genocide took place long before a group of Ex-Cavaliers began calling themselves "Hombres en la Compania de Jesus" (about 1533). Even longer before that group was officially named Jesuits (or Order of Jesus) in 1540. Please stick to the conversation at hand, and not go off on tangents having nothing to do that conversation.

Mike

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had said that I read some where that Jesuits had killed the N.A. that helped hide the treasure. The book was at the library, but I don't remember what book. It was 25 years ago. The discussion has changed a little.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post #8 was my initial post and is the subject of this thread, "Ledge of Gold in the Superstitions". nobodies post #24 was the subject of Jesuits even mentioned. This thread is not about the Catholic church or any particular group within it.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
last time i looked this was an LDM forum....if you want to whine about how bad the indians were treated then go find an indian forum.....the only reason there is any friction between the races is because instigators wont shut up about it....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The topic is [h=2]Ledge of Gold in the Superstitions[/h]

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have sailed to almost every island in the Bahamas, and many of the rocks of the chain. Stood at the southern corner of West Plana Cay, the only island that matches his description of the first landing and what he could see. To the west looks like a chain of islands even though what your seeing is the highest peaks of the Auckland/Crooked Islands. His second stop was the north-west bay behind bird rock. He went west and followed Long island up to Conception Island where a storm made them make a dash back to the bay on the corner of Crooked Island. They headed south for Cuba after the Indian guide jumped ship in the night. South end of Crooked Island they came to Mira por Vos passage, which means "Look out for yourself", because that is where the currents from across the Atlantic pile up and is like a giant washing machine with no wave patterns but water jumping up in all directions. They went west from there to some small rock islands, where Pinzon slipped anchor in the middle of the night and sailed away.
ty, for the link though
You are saying that the ledge I posted in post #8 is non existent?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I have sailed to almost every island in the Bahamas, and many of the rocks of the chain. Stood at the southern corner of West Plana Cay, the only island that matches his description of the first landing and what he could see. To the west looks like a chain of islands even though what your seeing is the highest peaks of the Auckland/Crooked Islands. His second stop was the north-west bay behind bird rock. He went west and followed Long island up to Conception Island where a storm made them make a dash back to the bay on the corner of Crooked Island. They headed south for Cuba after the Indian guide jumped ship in the night. South end of Crooked Island they came to Mira por Vos passage, which means "Look out for yourself", because that is where the currents from across the Atlantic pile up and is like a giant washing machine with no wave patterns but water jumping up in all directions. They went west from there to some small rock islands, where Pinzon slipped anchor in the middle of the night and sailed away.
ty, for the link though
You are saying that the ledge I posted in post #8 is non existent?

if it exists you are the only one that sees it

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobodie,

I never doubted that you read the story. I have seen them all. Its a common plot thickener. The same thing supposedly took place in the "Pure Concepcion" Story. Its all fiction.

Sailaway and TNMountains,

Most threads take some detours to iron out details that pop up here and there. The entire Indian Genocide thing was a wild tangent. What Nobodie and I were discussing is a widely used "plot thickener" that has been used in every type of treasure story from Buried Pirate Treasure, Hidden Church Treasure, Old West Robbers Stories, and just about EVERY type of buried treasure story on the market. The Cave of Gold Bars is no different. You bury the treasure, then kill everyone who participated to leave no witnesses (or to have their spirits guard the treasure).

Mike

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,
Do you know if Wal-Mart or Walgreens still makes pictures from negatives, or anyone else. I believe that I have found the negs of that blurry priest. I would like to show better pictures.

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sailaway,
Excellent,that's the most specific description of Columbus' heretofore unknown route through the Bahamas that I've seen.
Have you sailed into Fresh Creek, Andros and visited the people at AUTEC?

I believe your ledge exists, just need a little more proof that it's as 'shiny' as you think.
Great posts, always enjoy reading them.

------
[Edit]
Good read on Wiki under the heading Guanahani.

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You EarnieP .
My very first trip took me to Morgans Bluff, Andros where I meet sailors from AUTEC. One of my favorite harbors in all the Bahamas! I always by-passed Fresh Creek as that is too close to the Navy operations,(as a Navy Brat I know what is up). U.S. Law states must be 600 ft from Naval operations. Sailing guides state that Fresh Creek is only to be used in emergency. BTW the store at Landrail point has a Spanish Anchor that could be from the first trip in front of it. I hope it has not turned into a pie of rust as I do not know if they knew how to get rid of salts in the iron after the long exposure under water.
I agree that a better photo needs to be made of the ledge, and will get a close up if I can find a safe enough route to the access point to get on it. The best I can tell the miners went passed it then doubled back around behind it. The trail is hidden but will do my best I promise to get a much better photo. Both photos are far away from the ledge, as those two spots are the only way to see the ledge. Sorry I can not post un-cropped photos as it would show the signs the Spanish used to mark the ledge with.

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goes without saying, don't do anything unsafe to get any photo.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked and saw the store was hit by a hurricane in 2015, so no idea where the anchor is. Found a photo of the anchor before it was pulled (blown) from the reef.
Landrail Point Spanish Anchor.jpg

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems you've got a worse case of this "pareidolia" infection than I do Ryano. I couldn't see that at all and it's too bad the photo is so blurry, because it might be a regular "Rembrandt of the Rocks" or maybe a "Michelangelo on the Mountain", worth millions in it's own right.

Little late to the show , but I want to show you what i have called " Angry Queen " in the Superstitions . This image ( in the small rectangle ) is few miles north of WN .

Angry Queen.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread