Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hey gang,

Would you believe John in AZ just offered me 30 pounds ($600k worth) of gold ? Via the PM system of the forum. I've never even met the fellow. But he assured me that if I happened to passing through his area of desert, he would give it to me . Pretty nice guy , eh ? And apparently his mine (or gold bars he's found ?) is producing riches in this quantity, that he can therefore just give it out to total strangers !

The only "catch" is that you must believe. If you doubt (asking why anyone would give $600k to a total stranger), then presto: The offer is withdrawn. And you have to bump into him personally it seems. He's not going to ship it to you (even if you offer to send a SASE)

Anyone else received this generous offer ?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will never know if you never go .

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasn't the 600K that got my attention, it was seeing "Tom-in-CA" posting the thread. It's been awhile Tom, glad to see ya back.

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
It wasn't the 600K that got my attention, it was seeing "Tom-in-CA" posting the thread. It's been awhile Tom, glad to see ya back.

Someone's gotta reign in the wild-eyed-dreamers with a bit of skeptical balancing points & questions. It's not easy being a "kill-joy", but someone's gotta do it. haha

It's good to see you here too, as a voice of common sense as well :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post by TreasureNet rules, no more insulting members.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this like that scene in Pan where he has to believe the colorful food is there in order to participate in the food fight? Because gold bars would cause severe injury and I must warn against it.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there appears to be a piece of thread missing. Any offer like this would make me question my safety.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey gang,

Would you believe John in AZ just offered me 30 pounds ($600k worth) of gold ? Via the PM system of the forum. I've never even met the fellow. But he assured me that if I happened to passing through his area of desert, he would give it to me . Pretty nice guy , eh ? And apparently his mine (or gold bars he's found ?) is producing riches in this quantity, that he can therefore just give it out to total strangers !

The only "catch" is that you must believe. If you doubt (asking why anyone would give $600k to a total stranger), then presto: The offer is withdrawn. And you have to bump into him personally it seems. He's not going to ship it to you (even if you offer to send a SASE)

Anyone else received this generous offer ?

Not sure if you are posting while bee-lining Eastward ,or not taking him upon his offer.
I would not ship 30 lbs. of gold either...

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.....I would not ship 30 lbs. of gold either...

So then, the question is not the legitimacy of the offer. Right? It's merely a question of the method of transfer. Right ?

Durnit, I knew I should have jumped in my car and rushed to Arizona. :crybaby2:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could handle 30 lbs in the trunk of my car.
if I was heading his way and he offered it to me, why wouldn't I stop for it :dontknow:

please end the attacks on John in AZ !

it is a bannable offense to Continue discussing Forum Members & their PM's publiclly.
especially after being Warned about it like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread