2017 Dutchman Rendezvous?

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Frank, but I prefer to stay to myself. I'm asking about the rendezvous out of curiosity. I just can't bring myself to go. I always like to see pictures. If I remember correctly there are speakers, who are they this year. Does Clay show up. Are there better discussions face to face than on tnet.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Sorry Frank, but I prefer to stay to myself. I'm asking about the rendezvous out of curiosity. I just can't bring myself to go. I always like to see pictures. If I remember correctly there are speakers, who are they this year. Does Clay show up. Are there better discussions face to face than on tnet.

Yes!

OP
OP
Cubfan64

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Haven't heard who the speakers are, but despite the topics always being interesting they pale in comparison to the side conversations and just general "hanging out" with people and talking during the day - both in small groups and one on one. In short - if you come just for the speaker portions at night you're missing 95%+ of the Rendezvous experience.

Clay hasn't been there for a couple years now - haven't heard if he'll make an appearance or not this year.

I've never seen any "TNet type" conversations develop if you mean disrespectful, antagonistic, etc... Not to say they haven't happened but I don't remember seeing one. People tend to be a little different in person than they are with the anonymity of the internet and faceless keyboard.

Gary_Herndon

Oct 5, 2017
Elizabethtown, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm new to this site and lucky to find an updated page ! I hope to be there this year I think I might have something worth while to add in the search

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Well I'm new to this site and lucky to find an updated page ! I hope to be there this year I think I might have something worth while to add in the search

Gary,

Welcome to TNet and you will be more than welcome at the Rendezvous. If you need more information, just ask.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be there selling autographed photos! :skullflag:

Attachments

• nbn6.jpg
    nbn6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 95

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon Gentlemen: There will be a program this year on Saturday night. Wayne Tuttle will most likely chime in soon with the details. We do discourage dogs at the camp but if you must bring one then please keep it at your camp site and do not walk it around the camp. Some people do get bother by them. Also, sometimes, it can get fairly hot in the afternoons which is not fair to your pets. Toilet paper will be provided at the bathrooms. Bring your own firewood if you want a camp fire. Please clean up your camp site before you leave. Do not fire off any fire arms in or around camp. The Forest Service frowns on it and remember the Dons Club leases this property from them. The gate will be opened Friday morning. Remember, Have FUN!! and enjoy those private confidential conversations around the individual camps sites. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis, Dons of Arizona

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Bring TP. Usually someone is serving some kind of beans. This causes a rush to the John. The bigger the rear end the more TP used. Thus it runs out fast.

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Out in these parts "tp" is also known as "mountain money". You'd pay any one good money, if'n you had to clean yourself with desert flora, leaves, rocks, etc.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Rendezvous this weekend! 27, 28, 29. I'll be there Fri - Sat. Woody will be down Sat from Dewey. He will bring a Five gal bucket of gold dirt for a panning demo. I believe Wayne is planning a hike to the ruins near the CU ranch. Three speaker on Sat night. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1509048330.257247.jpg

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rendezvous this weekend! 27, 28, 29. I'll be there Fri - Sat. Woody will be down Sat from Dewey. He will bring a Five gal bucket of gold dirt for a panning demo. I believe Wayne is planning a hike to the ruins near the CU ranch. Three speaker on Sat night. View attachment 1509414

I've watched all those video's you guys have made. Keep up the good work! I was just up near Spring Valley a few weeks ago dry washing a claim. I have a lot of friends that live up there. I found a few nuggets not long ago. I'll see if I can post them later.

txtea

Nov 16, 2009
Rendezvous this weekend! 27, 28, 29. I'll be there Fri - Sat. Woody will be down Sat from Dewey. He will bring a Five gal bucket of gold dirt for a panning demo. I believe Wayne is planning a hike to the ruins near the CU ranch. Three speaker on Sat night. View attachment 1509414

That picture right there shows what it's all about.
Wish I could be there again this weekend, but the boss and bank account both say no.
Have fun guys and gals and be safe. :thumbsup:

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carrol
Thanks you for sharing your dad's adventures...
Awesome story.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the two small nuggets I found in the Las Guijas mountain range near Arrivaca, AZ. This is close to the Mexican Border. They had a lot of rain this summer down there so I went to an area I've found small nuggets before and I found these in about ten minutes of searching. An old beat up Gold Bug II was what I used. I've dry washed this small ditch before with no results it just contains nuggets only and dry washers sometimes miss nuggets. Found that out the hard way!

View attachment 1510416 View attachment 1510417 View attachment 1510418

The one is shaped like a woman or Mother Mary.

I wish I could find where these nuggets are coming from and where the concentrate below!

It's the gift that keeps on giving!

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TP spotted this a couple of days ago.
"Porky" looks well fed. DSCF1368 porky.jpg

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TP spotted this a couple of days ago.
"Porky" looks well fed. View attachment 1510455

It's saying go to the left and follow along a winding wash or trail follow the small Pigs head just below the right of the larger one.

Smaller is better.

It has the multi-stacked head monuments and smaller shadow pointers which is a nice Pork Rhine, I mean Pork find! It's not a very long distance to the next marker according to the Porky.
At least that's my personal opinion I may be wrong...

I've gotten lost following pigs before...they usually steal my lunch!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread