Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All - I've seen a few conflicting dates for the 2017 Rendezvous - Greg, can you clarify what the dates are?
Thanks for clarifying Greg - I had seen other dates on facebook but was pretty sure you had told me the 27-29 so just wanted to make sure I was correct and it was posted somewhere people could see.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the spirit of the LDM, this year's Rendezvous location will be a secret, and you'll have to find it! :occasion14:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg,

Wayne just posted this on Facebook: Wayne Tuttle It is the 20,21 and 22. Don't know why Greg says differently.

Look like you two need to get on the same page here. A phone call may be in order.

Good luck,

Joe

Joe,

You have to forgive Wayne, as his head was probably all swollen from signing autographs and taking pics with people all morning at the Mesa Bass Pro Shops with Frank and Woody. ��

Mike

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just googled earth the Dons camp. Do you prospectors dig holes or is there an out house?

OP
OP
Cubfan64

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just googled earth the Dons camp. Do you prospectors dig holes or is there an out house?

Outhouse - bring your own TP as it's not always stocked.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outhouse - bring your own TP as it's not always stocked.

What do you mean, "NOT ALWAYS STOCKED?"

#1 is second bush on the left after you enter the gate

#2 is fourth bush on the right. There are several wiping plants next to that bush (just don't wipe with cat claw by accident) :laughing7:

Mike

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
What do you mean, "NOT ALWAYS STOCKED?"

#1 is second bush on the left after you enter the gate

#2 is fourth bush on the right. There are several wiping plants next to that bush (just don't wipe with cat claw by accident) :laughing7:

Mike

you could always use mickel's shirt:occasion14:

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have to pay to use the camp? Can you bring a dog? Can you bring fire wood and have a fire?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Azdave

How were you smart enough to know my name!

Wrmickel1

You're giving him too much credit. I think he just misspelled mine! HAHAHA

Mike

OP
OP
Cubfan64

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have to pay to use the camp? Can you bring a dog? Can you bring fire wood and have a fire?

There is no fee for using the camp during the Rendezvous - the site is owned by the Don's Club who allow us to use it for a couple days/nights. You can bring firewood and have a fire. As far as dogs go, I believe people were asked not to bring them for various reasons but perhaps Greg Davis will see your question and answer officially.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are restrooms there. I don't think anybody has been bitten inside....except by the stink bug (but that all depends on who you follow in).

Lots of great places to explore in and around the Don's Camp. Be careful though. There is the occasional rattlesnake, and it is haunted! We try and exorcise the snakes to another area, but the ghosts can stay.

Mike

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

There are several good kennels in the area including right in Apache Jct, very reasonable and you will know that pooch is safe while you are busy visiting and meeting/making friends.

Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread