The Legends team returns

zentull

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please check out our new YouTube channel at:

https://youtu.be/rt9yAccIWmU

We decided no more networks, no more editing, no more Hollywood and no more contracts after playing in over 30 countries and to tens of millions over viewers. We appreciate everyone's support and well wishes, but we feel this is where we belong. Back in the mountains.

We want no endorsements. just going back to what we love doing with no strings attached.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just swollen heads from still signing autographs! Hahaha

OP
OP
Z

zentull

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am calling woody now, think you need to drain the septic tank with a straw! That will keep you out of mischief for awhile.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like that place gets hammered by a lot of people. I had wondered what happened to the show and now we know.
Good luck!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am calling woody now, think you need to drain the septic tank with a straw! That will keep you out of mischief for awhile.

Woody will take my side, because I just bought a gallon tub of Rainbow Sherbet! HAHAHA

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only watched 15 minutes so far, like it! Will catch the rest later.

Frank, you look a bit thinner. Have you cut down on eating as many cigars or what?
The video was nice and clear.
The sound was good, except for the other end of the cell phone conversation with Eric V(?)being somewhat muffled.

Glad to see you guys at it again.
Best of luck to all of you!

Edit;

Watched the rest, still like it!

Sound on Frank was good. Wayne your sound was too low, and the wind a bit much at times. Excellent otherwise.
Have Frank share some of his low-cal cigars with you, make that climbing easier. ;)

Good job guys.

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Please check out our new YouTube channel at:

https://youtu.be/rt9yAccIWmU

We decided no more networks, no more editing, no more Hollywood and no more contracts after playing in over 30 countries and to tens of millions over viewers. We appreciate everyone's support and well wishes, but we feel this is where we belong. Back in the mountains.

We want no endorsements. just going back to what we love doing with no strings attached.
Enjoyed the video. Glade you guys are still at it despite the past issues. Good to see the fans can still be involved in your search. 1 thing to pass onto frank and wayne. If they can organise something to block the wind from the mic. Happys days. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Z

zentull

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys. We hope to really show the side of things History channel didn't want to.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Not trying to be the nudnik here but what exactly are y'all looking for?

AJones
They are going back to square 1. Following the mineral trail. Like the original prospectors of the day

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Z

zentull

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We actually are doing what we wanted to. We found gold and good mineralization and Frank and I got pretty disgusted that they edited most of it out and pushed us to stay on filming schedule. We thought the maps and area tied in really well and there was enough there to continue following up. When History channel sat down for season two, this was a bit of what we had in mind. I was not in the room during the final session, so I have no idea on what was decided, but it was very much in trying to get back to basics and properly document the area and its history. I did a lot of scouting in the area and everyone on the production side was excited on the next step, but then History channel began a corporate reorganization and began cancelling shows and we got hung up in no mans land as they were deciding which direction to go. first seasons are between 5-6 episodes as a standard, we were on schedule to shoot 4 episodes that summer and another 6 late summer/early fall. So, I just took what we wanted to do and was the basis of season two and decided to do it our way. The purpose of this new start is following the original premise of the show: looking for areas of interest taking historical documentation and source material into account, looking for mineralized areas in those areas and following to possible existing lode sources.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Keep it up guys. Wife and I watched every show when it was on "that channel" ... the final show came on while I was in the hospital recovering from a heart attack. Couldn't croak while I was waiting to see how the first season ended.

I enjoyed what I got to see here at work of the video. I didn't get to watch it all, but the wife and I will tonite.

Thanks!

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
We actually are doing what we wanted to. We found gold and good mineralization and Frank and I got pretty disgusted that they edited most of it out and pushed us to stay on filming schedule. We thought the maps and area tied in really well and there was enough there to continue following up. When History channel sat down for season two, this was a bit of what we had in mind. I was not in the room during the final session, so I have no idea on what was decided, but it was very much in trying to get back to basics and properly document the area and its history. I did a lot of scouting in the area and everyone on the production side was excited on the next step, but then History channel began a corporate reorganization and began cancelling shows and we got hung up in no mans land as they were deciding which direction to go. first seasons are between 5-6 episodes as a standard, we were on schedule to shoot 4 episodes that summer and another 6 late summer/early fall. So, I just took what we wanted to do and was the basis of season two and decided to do it our way. The purpose of this new start is following the original premise of the show: looking for areas of interest taking historical documentation and source material into account, looking for mineralized areas in those areas and following to possible existing lode sources.

That's exactly how it should have been- that format certainly didn't hurt "Oak Island." Just the luck of the draw that you got a production company that specializes in trashy serials, most of which lasted just one season.

A note on sound- not sure what you're filming on but you may want to invest in LAVs that hook directly to the camera, or at least a wind muff if you're using a shotgun mic.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Only watched 1 vid so far,i like it! Will watch the rest later

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok im ready to get back out this winter. nice to watch these videos when its a little too hot to hike. and yeah yeah i know people go out this time of year.. but not this cat.i would rather sit on the couch drinkin beer eatin fritos

Lost Bayou

Aug 4, 2013
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job guys! It's great that you are taking the time to share with us all. I'll be waiting for episode 3 and whatever follows. [emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread