Silver bars

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
So what would the real deal look like. 25# silver bars. Not my bars. They were just drilled for testing. You never know what is still out there in those old mines.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501717873.950870.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501717887.369415.jpg

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
The story is private for now. I only had the ok to post 2 photos. Without further comment. But what a story it is! Needless to say I was impressed with what I was shown. I even have a small shaving from one as a keepsake. These are not refined and my guess they have the usual lead and gold content along with the silver.

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking good Sarge, looks like you've been getting some sun. 8-)

OasisOro

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long time reader here just joined up I was a student in one of Jack SanFelice classes at the community college he brought those bars in to the class during one of his lectures on the silver king mine

Attachments

• 1 copy.jpg
    1 copy.jpg
    629.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 2 copy.jpg
    2 copy.jpg
    576.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 136

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Someone get Tom in ca

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Those bars are marked. It does look similar to the unmarked ones. What size was it do you remember. I'll ask Jack if he still has that one. The mystery deepens

Last edited:

OasisOro

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those bars are marked. It does look similar to the unmarked ones. What size was it do you remember. I'll ask Jack if he still has that one. The mystery deepens

I remember them being very heavy and large 24 1/2 pounds like the markings say the drill holes seem to match up in your photos with the bar I posted Jack brought in quite a few one of my favorite classes the bars were only marked on one side.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I just called Jack to ask him about the bar in your photo. He said he marked that bar Silver King for his class. Needless to say he is interested in the bars in my photos. The Silver King had bars taken and hidden in the early years. That would be so cool if the bars were Silver King silver

Last edited:

OasisOro

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just called Jack to ask him about the bar in your photo. He said he marked that bar Silver King for his class. Needless to say he is interested in the bars in my photos. The Silver King had bars taken and hidden in the early years. That would be so cool if the bars were Silver King silver

The bars in your photos look really same to the bars jack brought into class its been a few years but jack knew a lot about that mine he had quite a few just like in your photo jack would pass them around to all the students to look at great class

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know someone who found some silver bars in a cave along with a cache of rifles in Az. That is really cool..

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
jack told us they were

I was referring to the bars in my photo. Jack did say those molds were used early on and after some thefts they started casting in 200 pound bars. I wonder if that same type mold was used by other mines also during that time period

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you are supposed to tell the story first. Then when you get called out for shenanigans you bust out the photos. Bars of subtly would have served you better. I could imagine you are excited about a find like this. Keeping quiet and holding your hand is more pro style. Just saying.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Not my bars and my friend thought they would be of interest. There has been some debate on bars found before that were marked. At least all can see the real deal. If he wants to chime in he can do so If they were my bars there would not be a post.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The drill holes look to be (not exact) but very similar to each other (configuration wise) on both sgtfda's and oasis's bars.

They are different bars, the ones Sarge posted, come from molds with welded ends, the others don't.

Homar

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to see the proof is in the pudding. The story, will always be the center of a debate. So where is the gold ones at?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I was referring to the bars in my photo. Jack did say those molds were used early on and after some thefts they started casting in 200 pound bars. I wonder if that same type mold was used by other mines also during that time period

Makes sense. I've seen old photos from back in the day of 200 pound ingots casually stacked in front of a shipping office in downtown Silver City. Pretty hard to run off with stuff that heavy. That said, are you implying that the bars you've shown were stolen from a mine or smelter in the area? Any old news items turn up about the theft?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread