JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John,

One of the 2 people who I wanted to ask whether they could/would run SEM-EDX on your sample for me is away on vacation for a couple weeks. I wasn't aware of that until I got back to work today. I did speak to the other person and they would be able to run it as time permits between company work. He believes they should be able to see what the relative amounts of elements are in the sample you provide.

If you're willing to send me a small sample, let me know via PM and I'll give you an address to ship it to also via PM. I can't promise you when I can have the analysis done, but I can make sure it happens and I'll make sure you get both the sample and results shipped back to you to do with as you please. I won't post any of the results anywhere - it will be up to you whether you want to do that or not.

Let me know either way.

Well Cubfan...I have been running around like a chicken with my head chopped off for most of the day...Life can be rather challenging when you live in poverty...

One of my son's cars heater core hoses ruptured yesterday and things have been rather hectic...He does not know squat about automotive repair and of course he had to ask if I could fix it...I told him I would if he bought the hose and a cheap harbor freight long 20 degree and 45 degree needle nose pliers set...Said set was on sale for a blazing $7.99 in the ad that I gave him that included a picture and all...He agreed...He came back with the correct hose but bought a straight needle nose pliers instead...It turns out that my nephew told him that the cheaper single pliers would work...Of course they did...But a 15 minute job turned into an hour job...Go figure...I am a firm believer that the right tool will make any job easier...

I had been having a rather interesting conversation with azdave earlier today before I had to go take care of some business...The hose replacement was some of the business that I had to attend to...So I was unable to respond to your post...I even reiterated to him that I have nothing to prove to anyone...

Anyhow...I am a man of my word...At times...lol...And I did offer to send you a small sample of some of my ore...So all that I will be needing from you is a name and an address that you would like me to mail said sample to...You can pm me on this site if you like and provide the info and I will try to get it out to you a.s.a.p. I am currently on foot patrol and it just may take a few days to get it out...But I will get it into the mail as soon as I can...Seeing that there is no set time frame on your end I don't think that it should really make much of a difference on when I get it into the mail and all...

I am not really in much of a hurry to prove my claims, or lack of them, to ya'll...But I believe that it really doesn't matter...After all...It is where one finds it and IF anyone can find it...More power to them...

And it really doesn't matter what happens to the samples that I will be sending you...After all...Haven't I claimed that it is from one of my little holes in the wall???IF I can find my way back there or not is a matter of uncertainty...And as far as the results go...I really don't mind IF you share them on this forum or not...I am no Jacob Walzer and I am not claiming to have a rich gold mine in the Superstition mountain...I am a poor fool who likes to spread manure and claim that IT is where IT is...lol...As IF my little silver ore is from the East Indies mentioned by Antonio...rofl

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ya'll...I did not have to babysit my granddaughter today...So, I had some time to take a walk to the post office...The package is officially in the snail mail...The clerk told me that it should arrive by Saturday...

I have informed Cubfan that I believe the ore to be from the mining camp Real of our Lady of Guadalupe of Tayopa...Who knows...In another version of the story...It is known as Santa Fe from the Peralta stones...Then there is the version of the Perfil map...And what of Tumacacori and the Molina map???I have a theory that most of these treasure tales may all be one and the same mining area...But we may never know for certain...lol

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In order to be completely transparent about this, I'll let everyone know that I can have the samples analyzed by SEM-EDX but it may take a little while to get it done due to prior work commitments by the folks who will run them for me. Basically they have to be fit in as "skunk work" when there is time available. The results will have no geological information whatsoever - neither myself nor my coworkers have any of that knowledge. The SEM-EDX will only give elemental results and I believe different parts of the sample will have different elemental compositions since the SEM is actually a microscope and will be focusing in on very small areas.

I'll do the best job I can (or my coworkers can actually) to get as good of results as possible and I can take some very good photos as well.

John said I could post all the results on TNet if I wanted, but I'm more comfortable sticking with my original plan to send him the results and let him do with them as he pleases. The only position I'll take is to confirm whatever he chooses to post.

One last thing - just because I made this offer for John doesn't mean I'm open to running any other samples for anyone else. I've only done this a couple times for people, so please don't ask if I can check something out for you. If I offer it's one thing, but I don't want to take advantage of my co-worker's time.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had 2 assays performed on this ore previously, though I was fairly confident that the ore contained platinum, I only had a basic gold and silver fire assay and a 35 mineral spectrographic analysis performed on it also...I was informed by the assayer that said ore contained gold and silver, though in small amounts, which did not match those I had seen through an aqua regia leech on said ore...I do not believe that I had paid to have the ore roasted prior to performing said assays which may of had a lot to do with the low results that I was given...

Maybe whoever was working said hole in the wall, were very good at what they were doing...Quite possibly miners loyal to the Spanish realm...And what if the area depicted in the Peralta stones with an = sign in front of the cross may have been an area where they roasted the ore???hehehe...Who can say for certain???

Anyhow...I am in no rush...And IF the ore does not live up to my boasting...I can only say it is not the bonanza ore the Jesuits or the Spanish were working...

And I would like to thank Cubfan for doing what he is doing...Here is an article for ya'lls viewing... https://pubs.usgs.gov/bul/0620a/report.pdf ... and https://www.google.com/search?q=plu...sAQIMQ&biw=1242&bih=602#imgrc=RA6SazmhkLF-dM: ...

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had 2 assays performed on this ore previously, though I was fairly confident that the ore contained platinum, I only had a basic gold and silver fire assay and a 35 mineral spectrographic analysis performed on it also...I was informed by the assayer that said ore contained gold and silver, though in small amounts, which did not match those I had seen through an aqua regia leech on said ore...I do not believe that I had paid to have the ore roasted prior to performing said assays which may of had a lot to do with the low results that I was given...

Maybe whoever was working said hole in the wall, were very good at what they were doing...Quite possibly miners loyal to the Spanish realm...And what if the area depicted in the Peralta stones with an = sign in front of the cross may have been an area where they roasted the ore???hehehe...Who can say for certain???

Anyhow...I am in no rush...And IF the ore does not live up to my boasting...I can only say it is not the bonanza ore the Jesuits or the Spanish were working...

And I would like to thank Cubfan for doing what he is doing...Here is an article for ya'lls viewing... https://pubs.usgs.gov/bul/0620a/report.pdf ...And https://www.google.com/search?q=plu...sAQIMQ&biw=1242&bih=602#imgrc=RA6SazmhkLF-dM: ...

"I was born at night...But I was not born last night..." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scanning_electron_microscope I especially like the part about the SEM description...hehehe

It does not matter IF I am given the skunk report or not...I am certain that someone probably has already scanned some of the ore I gave away and has a similar report...Yet I don't think that they are anywhere near the deposit...rofl

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ya'll...It appears that the USPS is on the ball...According to the web tracking, the package was delivered to Cubfan this afternoon a day early...

Up to this point I have kept quiet because I believed that I would let my little silver ore speak for itself...lol...I guess that we'll just have to wait and see how well my little ore can speak...rofl

Did I mention that the ore submitted for testing is high grade ore of low grade ore???lmao

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ya'll...It appears that the USPS is on the ball...According to the web tracking, the package was delivered to Cubfan this afternoon a day early...

Up to this point I have kept quiet because I believed that I would let my little silver ore speak for itself...lol...I guess that we'll just have to wait and see how well my little ore can speak...rofl

Did I mention that the ore submitted for testing is high grade ore of low grade ore???lmao

Just got home from work and picked up the package. 3 samples - not sure if they are all samples from the same source, but I'll do my best to get them all looked it in the next month or so.

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got home from work and picked up the package. 3 samples - not sure if they are all samples from the same source, but I'll do my best to get them all looked it in the next month or so.

Cubfan64

My hats off to you Sir, Taking time to help a fellow Treasure Hunter, A unheard of thing among the sort that plays here.
You are Truely the last of the breed.

wrmickel1

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well sir...I assure you that all 3 samples are from the same source...And said source is from the location depicted in the Peralta stones...Or the Tayopa map...Or some other lost treasure site that I believe coincide with the same mining area...Though I will not mention exactly where said location is located...I will leave that up to ya'll to try to figure out...

As I have mentioned...The samples are what I believe to be Piedras de Inga as mentioned by Ulloa...Though who can say for certain???lol

Anyhow...I could care less what results may come from your tests Cubfan...I already know what I know...And no matter what others may say...I'll continue to believe what I believe...

Said specimens are truly special...Some people have been searching for the location from which they came for over 20 years, that I know of...Maybe even longer...hehehe

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought that I had to share this one with ya'll...I thought that this one was so funny I had to post it...

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
JohnWhite,

I seem to recall your mentioning Bob Corbin in one of your posts. Can you tell me what he has to do with any of your claims?

Thanks,

Joe Ribaudo

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JohnWhite,

I seem to recall your mentioning Bob Corbin in one of your posts. Can you tell me what he has to do with any of your claims?

Thanks,

Joe Ribaudo

Well cactusjumper...I believe that azdave had brought him into the conversation...azdave had mentioned that Bob Corbin had claimed that he had a platinum ore that contained over 60 ozs of platinum per ton...And I believe that I told azdave that I believe that my ore contained much more than that per ton...lol...Oh, azdave had also mentioned that Bob Corbin knew how to work his ore as well...

Yet what do I know???

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Well cactusjumper...I believe that azdave had brought him into the conversation...azdave had mentioned that Bob Corbin had claimed that he had a platinum ore that contained over 60 ozs of platinum per ton...And I believe that I told azdave that I believe that my ore contained much more than that per ton...lol...Oh, azdave had also mentioned that Bob Corbin knew how to work his ore as well...

Yet what do I know???

Sorry John,

Never know or trust what my failing memory might come up with these days.:dontknow::icon_scratch: Thanks for the quick reply.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Sorry John,

Never know or trust what my failing memory might come up with these days.:dontknow::icon_scratch: Thanks for the quick reply.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo
joe....john misquoted me...i said chuck crawford....not bob corbin....he found one of my old posts on feldmans forum from 2004

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
joe....john misquoted me...i said chuck crawford....not bob corbin....he found one of my old posts on feldmans forum from 2004

Hi Dave,

That clears up my own misunderstanding. Since Bob is a good friend, I would have run this story by him. I just wanted to verify my own memory first. We will try to show up at the Rendezvous on Saturday the 28th. Hope to see you there.

Take care,

Joe

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the misunderstanding...It just goes to show ya'll that I have no idea of whom either of the two are...hehehe...My memory really does stink...

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0925151546.jpg KLONDIKE GOLD AND SILVER>>>>>REAL AURUM

0925151532.jpg MASSIVE SILVER WITH BULBOUS METALLIC DEPOSITS

0918151515.jpg SOME LOWER ELEVATION SAMPLES EN ROUTE TO THE VAULT

Silverchair

Oct 10, 2017
Fort Worth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today I'm standing in a kiln still burnt black, you know it was hot because the sandstone Stone top has been turned to glass, it's the only way to melt gold,silver in the field.

IMG_1435.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions