I'll show you mine'You show me yours

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Joe,

I have not got Pearls yet, But then again I have not followed the route down the Kings Highway and to the golf yet.
But here's some more trinkets to View, But here the funny part Joe, He who's been to the South Cliffs area walk right by
the Red Rocks. Including you.

babymick1

View attachment 1488746

Seems you have a large collection of Aluminium crystals .

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some stuff I've found, in the back of a eighty foot tunnel with a room on the end, The penny is 1857 flying Eagle so I can put a date to that. But the stuff is in bad shape dual to the pit mine above leaks water into the back of the tunnel.

View attachment 1488669

And the clay figure was carried by many to protect over them, Still in homes today.

View attachment 1488670

Babymick1

Check out this link Babymick1 - scroll down until you see the image below. Lots of similarities to yours no?? I won't ask specifics for obvious reasons, but are you willing to say whether you found this in the Superstitions or not?

Studio and Garden: At Yale: Characters of Mesoamerica

7seated woman, mayan.jpg

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out this link Babymick1 - scroll down until you see the image below. Lots of similarities to yours no?? I won't ask specifics for obvious reasons, but are you willing to say whether you found this in the Superstitions or not?

Studio and Garden: At Yale: Characters of Mesoamerica

View attachment 1488943

bit closer.....

Vintage Aztec Tribal Clay Figurine ~ Mayan Folk Art Terracotta Statue | eBay

[url]http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/5xYAAOSwgn5XEvrC/s-l64.jpg

[/URL]

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, my mine an't to clear maybe I was mistaken, I was dropped on my head at birth a lot, Now ''tis piece here surely
Was not found there either.

IMG_1264.JPG

Babymick1

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I say they are sisters, what they represented remains a mystery. Gold diggers maybe?

Your right Coazon de oro!

I'm a gold digger, spend a lot of time at it, Probably one of the most successful at my craft.

B B B Baby you an't seen nothing yet!

BTO. Babymick1

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY UNKIND CABFAN64

Unproffesionable

babymick1

Ummm ok? I thought it looked fairly close to yours and thought it might help shed some light on yours. I don't know what I was unkind or unprofessional about - sorry I won't make the same mistake again though.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if I have shown ya'll more than I should have??? Oh well... Life will go on... :) Maybe some of you have learned a little something about platinum that you did not know... ;) Or tungsten or who knows what??? Psst... Has anyone gotten out there and looked for any of my coyote holes??? hahaha I can probably find a needle in a haystack with my metal detectors... hehehe Maybe one day I'll get me a tm808 and go cache searching... I have a couple of areas that I believe are prime locations for such a venture...

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
We'll there's seems to be very clean and lacks the patina build up, I question weather it's a reproduction

Babymick1

I bought mine at a private estate sale, in let's say Texas complete with papers that says It was legally sold.

Theres your answer and I'm forging papers now!

and on the VASE

BABYMICK2

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohh just as a side note they say the vase was made with bat �� poop �� most likely from the,
dare I say it------------THE BAT CAVE

BATMAN1

OP
OP
wrmickel1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohh wait a minute,

I do remember telling Somehiker a few years back that I was connected to the Museum, I never said which one now did I, but he suggested it was a, not so true statement. I'm about one of the few posters here that always tell the truth.
Ya all just don't believe what I post, Can't figure me out just like the Stone Maps! Period

babymick1

So don't worry the right stuff is in a safe place

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohh wait a minute,

I do remember telling Somehiker a few years back that I was connected to the Museum, I never said which one now did I, but he suggested it was a, not so true statement. I'm about one of the few posters here that always tell the truth.
Ya all just don't believe what I post, Can't figure me out just like the Stone Maps! Period

babymick1

So don't worry the right stuff is in a safe place

You are always interesting Mick, ...and "hard to figure out".
I doubt that will ever change, unless there is some kind of major medical breakthrough. In which case there may be hope for both of us.

Keep posting, great stuff!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ummm ok? I thought it looked fairly close to yours and thought it might help shed some light on yours. I don't know what I was unkind or unprofessional about - sorry I won't make the same mistake again though.

Paul,

Thought your posts were very even handed and without ambiguity.

I once sent a picture of a small stone head to Professor Michael Smith at the University of AZ. He answered that it looked like something "made in Mexico......
for tourist."

They are very good at that sort of thing, even to the point of creating aged patina. It's an art, and not necessarily without value. Not saying that's what BM has, but if not he should have it authenticated.

Hope to see you next month.

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paul,

Thought your posts were very even handed and without ambiguity.

I once sent a picture of a small stone head to Professor Michael Smith at the University of AZ. He answered that it looked like something "made in Mexico......
for tourist."

They are very good at that sort of thing, even to the point of creating aged patina. It's an art, and not necessarily without value. Not saying that's what BM has, but if not he should have it authenticated.

Hope to see you next month.

Take care,

Joe

Quite honestly Joe I thought my link might help BM date his find and give him a little more information about it as my assumption going in was that it was the real thing - I thought it was a pretty cool find. I didn't understand his response at all except I guess he thought I was making fun of his find which is 180 degrees from my intent. I often have a difficult time understanding when he's being serious as opposed to being sarcastic or trying to be humorous. Doesn't really matter now though.

I'll be there for the Rendezvous as well as a few days after to spend a few nights in the mountains alone renewing my spirit. See you then

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Quite honestly Joe I thought my link might help BM date his find and give him a little more information about it as my assumption going in was that it was the real thing - I thought it was a pretty cool find. I didn't understand his response at all except I guess he thought I was making fun of his find which is 180 degrees from my intent. I often have a difficult time understanding when he's being serious as opposed to being sarcastic or trying to be humorous. Doesn't really matter now though.

I'll be there for the Rendezvous as well as a few days after to spend a few nights in the mountains alone renewing my spirit. See you then

Paul,

Anyone who knows you or has followed your posts through the years knows that's your MO. IMHO, you were born to help folks, not to hinder them.

Does your spirit need renewing for a specific reason or just in general?

If you have the time, you're more than welcome to spend some time with us here at the lake.:hello:

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIN_20170811_14_23_51_Pro.jpg WIN_20170811_14_26_45_Pro.jpg I know they may not be the best pictures in the world but they are pictures of the piedras de inga that I was going to post on eBay. And as I have stated I do believe this ore does contain native platina. :)

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paul,

Anyone who knows you or has followed your posts through the years knows that's your MO. IMHO, you were born to help folks, not to hinder them.

Does your spirit need renewing for a specific reason or just in general?

If you have the time, you're more than welcome to spend some time with us here at the lake.:hello:

Take care,

Joe

No specific reason - just feeling older than my age the last few years. Despite what people may think, I'm 100% introvert by nature so growing up I spent a great deal of time alone both in thought and physically when I could. I got used to having that time to let my mind escape the rigors and stresses of everyday life and it's just harder to find that time now as I get older.

I appreciate the offer, but a couple days and nights surrounded by nothing but nature and my own thoughts will go a long ways towards refreshing myself :)

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
No specific reason - just feeling older than my age the last few years. Despite what people may think, I'm 100% introvert by nature so growing up I spent a great deal of time alone both in thought and physically when I could. I got used to having that time to let my mind escape the rigors and stresses of everyday life and it's just harder to find that time now as I get older.

I appreciate the offer, but a couple days and nights surrounded by nothing but nature and my own thoughts will go a long ways towards refreshing myself :)

Paul,

I do understand that. I was thinking more along the lines of turning you loose among my books and leaving you alone. I believe you would enjoy that little trip. Nevertheless, the offer is always open.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
A batch of Superstition gold. East side. One of Garman's old claims.

Attachments

• 1504233092186.jpg
    1504233092186.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 75

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread