Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To all,
We will be holding the 3rd annual Lost Dutchman Rendevous again this year. The location of the event will be the Don's camp site near the Peralta Trailhead in Gold Canyon, Arizona at the Southern foot of the Superstition Mountains. This is an absolutely wonderful place to hold the event, as we held it there last year with great success. The event is OPEN TO ALL. This will be a family type of gathering, so please keep that in mind if you plan to attend. There will be women and children (besides gollum) present. :D

The dates have been set as October 26th, 27th and 28th. This is a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm attaching a map of the Don's camp layout with the preferred parking/camper area highlighted in blue. Bring your campers, tents, or whatever you like to "live in" for the weekend. The camp is plenty large enough to accommodate a LOT of people. The gates will be opened Friday morning, and there should be a couple of people there all day Friday to assist in setting up or whatever else anyone needs.

Nightly we will be having a gathering in the main Ramada for tales and general Dutchman related chat if you opt to attend. We are arranging for some incredible people to do some speeches/presentations. Aside from that, you will be free to do as you wish. We might arrange some hikes/visits to local areas of interest also. This is a great time of year in this range as the weather is perfect during the day for hiking or whatever and only slightly chilly at night.

Please, I urge you all to attend if you can. We are looking forward to a great year, and I'd love to see a lot of new faces. Last year was an excellent time for all who attended.

Thanks, and I hope to see all of you there! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail. My e-mail address is djui5 at yahoo dot com.

For you out of towners, here is a list of local hotels to stay at:
--
There is a Best Western right off the Apache Trail. I'd highly recommend it. When we have people come visit us, they always stay there and love the place. It used to be called "the holiday" I think. Anyway, it's great.

I'm sure if expense is a concern, the Super 8 has cheap rooms.

DO NOT stay at the "Apache Junction Motel". There is also a Topaz Inn and Suites, seems kinda run down also.

If you wanna stay in Gold Canyon, which would be closer to the Don's Camp, there are a few choices:

There is the Best Western Gold Canyon Inn and Suites. Great hotel. Also there's the Gold Canyon Golf Resort, for your golfers. They gotta 24 hr front desk, etc. Very nice place.

I also believe you can stay at the Kings Ranch. They used to have a resort there, but I'm not sure if it's still in operation.

Here are the phone numbers:

Best Western Apache Junction: (480) 982-9200

Super 8: (480) 288-8888

Best Western Gold Canyon Inn & Suites: (480) 671-6000

Golf Canyon Golf Resort: (480) 982-9090

Kings Ranch Gold Canyon's Rnch: (480) 983-0423

donscampao3.jpg

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Randy,

I will be there, as long as no one retracts my invitation. ;) Hopefully, I will still be able to find one or two friends there. If bowman shows up......he will get his first cup of coffee.
I will set up a pretty nice camp but will move to the Big Ramada when the dance gets started.

Hope the Rendezvous gets life and becomes a bigger and better event each year. Not that it will ever be better than that first year at Twin Buttes. Where were ya??? ;D

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
cactusjumper said:
Hope the Rendezvous gets life and becomes a bigger and better event each year. Not that it will ever be better than that first year at Twin Buttes. Where were ya??? ;D

Take care,

Joe

Me too Joe! Wish I had made that first trip :)

See you in October!

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
i cant go . i would most likely get drunk ,druged , and beat up and wake up somewhere lost in the desert ...and thats before i even met any of you there ! LOL

W

woodpecker

HI BB

THIS IS THE 3rd Annual Lost Dutchman Rendevous, NOT A 3 triangular fix

and not a game of GOLF where u might win , and possibly not a place 4u 2 , "T" OFF AND

discover a hole with A 18 CONNECTION,

i would stay at home as i think via your comments u may insult many

woodpecker

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pecker,
As I said, this Rendevous is WELCOME TO ALL. If Bowman wants to come, and keeps it family friendly, then he is welcome to do so.
You are also welcome to come if you wish, and keep it family friendly.

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Peerless67 said:
il be in north cali in september for 3 months so i might coma along with my partner if the budget strtches that far

That would be great!! I'll keep an ear out for the accent ;D

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
how many people were there last time , and if everyone thinks the dons are crazy why have it there .. dont get me wrong its a great place for it really ... but some people dont trust the dons by the sounds of it ... others say they just like camping and outings ...i dont think i can make it on that short of notice ... but i would like to be there .. you could a few of the old school there i bet ! ...

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There were quite a few people there last year. I think around 40-50, but I didn't get a head count.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bowman,

I believe we had around 35 folks there. I will be happy to get you a cup of coffee if you show up. The Don's have nothing to do with this event. They were generous enough to let us use their camp at no cost last year, and I assume that's the setup this year. I have nothing to do with putting this years event together but the folks that are, seem to be doing a really fine job.

Joe Ribaudo

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
djui5 said:
Peerless67 said:
il be in north cali in september for 3 months so i might coma along with my partner if the budget strtches that far

Camp fire songs??? "usually sang round a piano in a bar in the east end"

My ole man said follow the van
and dont dilly dally on the way

off went the van with me home packed in it
i followed on with me old cock linnet

i dillied i dallied i dallied and i dillied
lost my way and cant find my way home

but you cant trust a fella like the old time copper
when you cant find your way home

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peerless67 said:
djui5 said:
Peerless67 said:

Camp fire songs??? "usually sang round a piano in a bar in the east end"

My ole man said follow the van
and dont dilly dally on the way

off went the van with me home packed in it
i followed on with me old cock linnet

i dillied i dallied i dallied and i dillied
lost my way and cant find my way home

but you cant trust a fella like the old time copper
when you cant find your way home

Not sure what "your old cock" was in, but I might have to check my schedule and see if I can make a trip out there - it sounds like it might be a fun way to be introduced to LDM hunting :)

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a fun deal there randy...guess i need to sit and think on this. I could spend the front part of the week working my site then head over to the east side and hang out a bit...i need a break from the patch as well.

DW

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Hey, Randy, be sure to take lots of pictures to post here later. It'd be nice to match names to faces - always good to have a forensic database (just kidding!)

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DW,
I hope to see you there!

Springfield,
Will do ;D

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peerless67 said:
its a male song bird that looks like a sparrow

Sorry Peerless - was trying to be funny but it wasn't a very good joke :) I knew what you were referring to.

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
will there be anyone from the don's club there,

if i could make it i would have to talk to one of them before i came there ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread