Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for the information, I wasn't sure what a stope was. I was curious if the Needle could be seen from Mammoth mine area. I thought 1 of the clues was seeing Weavers Needle from above the LDM. If you can't see W.N. then I don't believe it is the LDM.

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for the information, I wasn't sure what a stope was. I was curious if the Needle could be seen from Mammoth mine area. I thought 1 of the clues was seeing Weavers Needle from above the LDM. If you can't see W.N. then I don't believe it is the LDM.
If indeed that particular clue is true ... difficult to know 130 years later which clues are true and which are false.:dontknow:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever seen 2X4's bent in a bow shape as they take on pressure in a retreat area.
Makes you wonder what the heck you're doing there!
2X4's weren't there for support just as a sign it's coming in.
Sometimes you can hear the roof bolts ping as they take on pressure, not a good place to park your Kubota contraption under.

I've seen a continuous mining machine trapped in a retreat area that came down too fast and had to be abandoned in place. $$$

(This was suppose to be a reply to Matthew's post on the Mammoth mine, guess I've been gone so long I forgot how to do it.)

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

The Mormon stope in around 65" below the surface, so the answer to your question is no.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

You are in my thoughts too , but I wasn't the guy who made the question .

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Good idea. I have been pretty close to that since first I heard the story, years ago.

See how easy and simple that was? Now you are free to pursue other interests! :hello2: Golfing is excellent exercise for instance, and fishing is a great diversion that can result in excellent fish dinners.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Gotta believe in some clues or what's the point in looking.

Agreed in principle, perhaps a good way to look at it is to keep ALL of the clues as a set of POSSIBLY true information, and leave them in that status until you are able to definitively prove (for your own self) whether each one is either true, or false. The reason I suggest this is that unless and until someone is to actually find the lost Dutchman's gold mine, and can prove it in a scientific way, we can never be 100% certain about whether any or all particular clues, statements, maps etc are absolutely true or false. I would not just toss them all away, nor trust in them.

Please do continue, just a SUGGESTION based on personal OPINION and everyone is entitled to their own views of course.

:coffee2::coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I go out, I keep all of the clues and maps in my head. Even if I think it's wrong. I might be wrong. For a lot of years I thought that the Holmes map was no good, kept it in my head and now I believe it is good. From what I have found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread