wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I suppose a little mix of perfil map and the imagination of the Don's for a enchanted Trek in the mountains.
I'll have to go with them sometime, I mean if they invite me as a guest sometime soon. I'd agree with that.

babymick1.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of which Dons are you referring Doc

If it is ancient Dons who have nothing to do with the Superstition Mountain Museum...I believe I would say yes...I believe that once upon a time ancient Spanish Dons were working a mining area which is depicted in the PSM's...For one reason or another they lost track of exactly where the said mining area was/is located...They had maps and such that led to the area in question...But they were unable to find the area and it has become lost to time...There are many maps that are in circulation today from one source or another that depicts the mining area in question...Many have sought IT and many continue to search for IT in one area or another...Yet who is to say IF IT has been located by anyone of said searchers...

I personally believe that the area in question is the Royal Mines where platinum was discovered and worked by the Spanish...I believe that due to a Royal decree said area was closed to mining and ITS location was stricken from most records...hehehe...Have I located said area in question???I guess that we will just have to wait and see...lol

Maybe there are others who know of the area in question...But do they know that said area is the area depicted in many treasure maps???Who knows???

Last edited:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Of which Dons are you referring Doc

If it is ancient Dons who have nothing to do with the Superstition Mountain Museum...I believe I would say yes...I believe that once upon a time ancient Spanish Dons were working a mining area which is depicted in the PSM's...For one reason or another they lost track of exactly where the said mining area was/is located...They had maps and such that led to the area in question...But they were unable to find the area and it has become lost to time...There are many maps that are in circulation today from one source or another that depicts the mining area in question...Many have sought IT and many continue to search for IT in one area or another...Yet who is to say IF IT has been located by anyone of said searchers...

I personally believe that the area in question is the Royal Mines where platinum was discovered and worked by the Spanish...I believe that due to a Royal decree said area was closed to mining and ITS location was stricken from most records...hehehe...Have I located said area in question???I guess that we will just have to wait and see...lol

Maybe there are others who know of the area in question...But do they know that said area is the area depicted in many treasure maps???Who knows???

John,

Historically the Spanish never mined for platinum, When it got in there gold pan's they threw it out, It had little value, even its name comes from Spanish word meaning little silver. Which they thought it was, So I highly doubt it was Royal Mines, being it was considered worthless by the Spanish Royals! It was cheap when I was young, It got its major boom when the catyladic converters came along.

So your theory is pretty much not there what so ever.

babymick1

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
The Spanish Motto, Tells you a lot about them.

Gold. Honor. God

god third on the list

babymick1

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John,

Historically the Spanish never mined for platinum, When it got in there gold pan's they threw it out, It had little value, even its name comes from Spanish word meaning little silver. Which they thought it was, So I highly doubt it was Royal Mines, being it was considered worthless by the Spanish Royals! It was cheap when I was young, It got its major boom when the catyladic converters came along.

So your theory is pretty much not there what so ever.

babymick1

You are correct babymick1...You can ask cubfan IF the ore I sent him resembles little silver...lol...

Anyhow...My theory is that the Spanish decree from the King ordered the platina mines stopped up because some were mixing the useless platinum with gold and getting over on the unsuspecting...At the time platinum did not have much value...Though much later when when they discovered that platinum could be valuable they tried to return to said mines that had been stopped up to work them...Yet they could not find them...Thus certain maps were made to help some rediscover them...To no avail...They remain lost to this day...lol

Of course I could be wrong...And the ore that I gave to cubfan could be worthless...To me IT was just a couple of crumbs that I had lying around...Oh well...Who knows how much said ore may be worth IF the provenance can be proved???

I personally do not believe that I will ever spend another six days on a mule to return to said mines...I have already been there and I have already done that...It is just another feather in my cap...

For some silly reason I have diamonds on my brain...rofl...Maybe the diamonds are like the platinum...Just another figment of my imagination...Who can say for certain...I don't have to go very far to search for diamonds...

Who can say for certain babymick1???I have been there and I believe that the area in question matches the Perfil map, Tayopa, and a few other treasure maps and tales...But as I have said many times...What do I know???

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gold. Honor. God

god third on the list

babymick1

Too me it is the other way around...God, honor, and Gold...Or anything else for that matter...Oh well...Maybe one day some rich adventure seeker will call me on my offer and ante up...And I guess that I just may have to prove my gargantuan claims... :)

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Who can say for certain babymick1???I have been there and I believe that the area in question matches the Perfil map, Tayopa, and a few other treasure maps and tales...But as I have said many times...What do I know???

I must interject, with a gruffly voice, And agree with you, Only if we're in the same spot. As my pic's

babymick1

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must interject, with a gruffly voice, And agree with you, Only if we're in the same spot. As my pic's

babymick1

lol...Ok babymick1...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion or view...I will neither confirm nor deny the area in question is the area depicted in your pic's...

I have no pic's of any of my little play areas...Oh well...I have plenty of pictures in my warped mind...hehehe

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Nobody is wrong here John, well maybe Nobody!
But that's it, we're all fighting over the monkey bars on this playground,
Ohh by the way your, NUTS, are showing!

babymick1

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gold. Honor. God

god third on the list

babymick1

When Greece had kings , the motto was : Motherland , Religion , Family .

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody is wrong here John, well maybe Nobody!
But that's it, we're all fighting over the monkey bars on this playground,
Ohh by the way your, NUTS, are showing!

babymick1

I just may be NUTS babymick1...lol...But I do know what I know...Whatever that may be...hehehe...

As IF I have been fortunate enough to have discovered platinum and diamond...rofl...I have pretty much given up on relocating the platinum area...It is out in the middle of nowhere and I am not in any rush to return there...Though as for the diamond...Maybe one day I will try to return to said playground and search for more...

I guess that we'll just have to wait and see...

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After further reading, Do You Think You Found a Diamond? Learn How to Identify Rough Diamonds , I am beginning to believe that you may be right babymick1...I just may be NUTS...After all...There is a one in a billion chance that the mineral I found in NV and gave away was actually a diamond...These are some pretty slim odds...Maybe everyone who laughed and ridiculed me at the time was right...Maybe it was just a piece of quartz or some other mineral...As IF I had found a paragon diamond that I gave away to someone in Reno...I guess that I may never really know...Oh well...I am starting to believe that I should give up on my quest to find diamonds...

Maybe IF there really are diamonds in NV some lucky prospector may stumble upon them one day...As I had stumbled upon the area depicted in the PSM's...lol

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF my odds of finding a diamonds falls in the range of 10 million to one up to 1 billion to one...I wonder what my odds are of finding the area depicted in the PSM's???Maybe I should give up my far fetched idea of having found or finding any diamond in NV and think about spending another 6 days on a mule...As IF I have been to the area depicted in the PSM's...I sure would like to know what those odds are...Are there any mathematicians in the house who may be able to give me a ball park figure???lol...I'd like to know how they compare to the odds of me or anyone else for that matter finding a diamond...

Oh well...Maybe I should just go back to swinging my metal detectors and finding me some loose change...hehehe...I wonder IF my metal detectors still work...The last time I checked my Whites gm vsat the iron gauge wasn't working... :( ...It still has its zip zip tone though... :)

Last edited:

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc did you really expect an honest opinion from a group of hard core dutchmen. Ask them about a resort that was planned but never became a reality because of the forest service the Az. Gov. & his cohorts.

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc did you really expect an honest opinion from a group of hard core dutchmen. Ask them about a resort that was planned but never became a reality because of the forest service the Az. Gov. & his cohorts.

Hey , I got a good looking map from the fine people here. I just find it interesting the map shows the mine high on the omega. hint hint. remind u of the horse map. hint. map is off on location but represent the place. I figured out the H/p map . So was wondering if how they are so close to the same. Different horses. Hense the question . Just wondered how the dons came to have that map.

That wasn't the one of the peralta mines I thought was the LDM though as the death bed scribble doesn't fit. guess u don't know till u see the ore. my problem is which one should I look at in Dec as only have so much time seeing I don't live in az.

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Thanks for the blow up. A Palo Verde tree in the backyard of my folk's house lived 50 + years. That's all. From a young tree until it died. A large Palo Yerde would not have lived many more years. Ours lived from 1960 when we moved in to about 2105 as per my Neice that bought the house. That was with water as well as rain, ect. IMHO Theirs would not have been there when the Don's made the map if it was a real LDM Landmark.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU

I believe that map is not accurate , but one made for entertainment .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread