Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree287Likes

Thread: Alfred Lewis Discovery at the old Mammoth Mine 1949 - 1950

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2017
    Ash Fork, AZ and NE PA
    Tesoro
    554 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by wrmickel1 View Post
    Well here you go Oroblanco, but you woun't believe it and ask the same question again next month.

Attachment 1562356

This come from the same ore I posted, That paper it's on is a standard size 8.5x 11 copy paper.
    12.4 oz just got back 10 days ago with about 600 pounds of ore to bust up yet.

Here's to not believing I guess. And it's not in California white Quarts.

babymick1
    Looks like it came out of a dredge to me...where u been Mick, I missed you...come on brother, show us a pic of that pretty rose quartz!

us
    Mar 2004
    Severn, Maryland
    None
    3142 times
    Cache Hunting
    Well here you go Oroblanco, but you woun't believe it and ask the same question again next month.

Attachment 1562356

This come from the same ore I posted, That paper it's on is a standard size 8.5x 11 copy paper.

babymick1
    Well a lot of it looks like 10K and below, but the bigger nuggets look more like 14K to 18K. Not bad though. Good work.

us
    Dec 2008
    3999 times

Attachment 1562356

babymick1

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    7517 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ConceptualizedNetherlandr View Post
    Your question is based on a false premise therefore not worthy of answer.

Your turn amigo
    Poor attempt to dodge a simple question, so since you can't be bothered to give an honest answer, I can't be bothered to tell you where to look for the ore comparison. Find it yourself.

Babymick congratulations on your great gold mine, hope you are making millions. I don't understand why you bother trying to get me to believe that you have the LDM, when you have no respect for my word on anything anyway. Besides, the only opinion that matters is your own right? And since you are rolling in gold, does it even matter what name your mine is called?

My word doesn't carry that much weight Mick, it won't even get you a cold beer at Captain's in AJ. And even if I stared at your photos under a microscope and compared them to the photos of the famous matchbox, the cuff links etc, I am not a geologist - I could be fooled. Oh I have learned some of geology over the years but am still very much a student, you would be better off to get a real geologist to do an ore comparison, if you were really serious about wanting to PROVE that you have found the Lost Dutchman's gold mine. If you can convince guys like Tom Kollenborn, Clay Wurst and Bob Corbin that your mine is the LDM, that will carry a LOT of weight. But you are wasting your time on me. My blessing won't get you anywhere.

I will tell you this - check your own assays, if they are coming out similar to the one done by Joe Porterie, you are possibly in the ballpark. That won't seal the deal but it would help your case. Look for a high gold to silver ratio - if there is a LOT of silver to the amount of gold, then chances are your gold is not coming from the Lost Dutchman mine. It should be in the range of 300 to 1, that is at least 300 ounces of gold to 1 ounce of silver. Not specifically 300 oz per ton AU, that RATIO is important to keep in mind. More silver than that is pointing to a different type of gold deposit entirely.

Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
    Oroblanco

SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

us
    Dec 2008
    3999 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oroblanco View Post
    Poor attempt to dodge a simple question, so since you can't be bothered to give an honest answer, I can't be bothered to tell you where to look for the ore comparison. Find it yourself.

Babymick congratulations on your great gold mine, hope you are making millions. I don't understand why you bother trying to get me to believe that you have the LDM, when you have no respect for my word on anything anyway. Besides, the only opinion that matters is your own right? And since you are rolling in gold, does it even matter what name your mine is called?

My word doesn't carry that much weight Mick, it won't even get you a cold beer at Captain's in AJ. And even if I stared at your photos under a microscope and compared them to the photos of the famous matchbox, the cuff links etc, I am not a geologist - I could be fooled. Oh I have learned some of geology over the years but am still very much a student, you would be better off to get a real geologist to do an ore comparison, if you were really serious about wanting to PROVE that you have found the Lost Dutchman's gold mine. If you can convince guys like Tom Kollenborn, Clay Wurst and Bob Corbin that your mine is the LDM, that will carry a LOT of weight. But you are wasting your time on me. My blessing won't get you anywhere.

I will tell you this - check your own assays, if they are coming out similar to the one done by Joe Porterie, you are possibly in the ballpark. That won't seal the deal but it would help your case. Look for a high gold to silver ratio - if there is a LOT of silver to the amount of gold, then chances are your gold is not coming from the Lost Dutchman mine. It should be in the range of 300 to 1, that is at least 300 ounces of gold to 1 ounce of silver. Not specifically 300 oz per ton AU, that RATIO is important to keep in mind. More silver than that is pointing to a different type of gold deposit entirely.

Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
    Oroblanco

i'd say the first lesson mick needs to learn is how to tell the difference between lode gold and placer gold..the pic he posted is definitely placer gold

gr
    Oct 2012
    4104 times

Attachment 1562356

babymick1
    Maybe that's the result of a " first hand " pan from 600 pounds of dust .
    Last edited by markmar; Mar 11, 2018 at 11:37 AM.
    Marius

There are many doors in and out of the mnts,but none so hidden as the ones in front of you.
    Do you possess the knowledge of the spirit to let you enter them? NP

The truth is the truth,no matter how you look at it,and in every treasure story and legend there is a grain of truth . It's up to your spirit and heart to know the difference. NP

Nov 2013
    225 times
    .... To me that makes no sense, and in my opinion it would not matter what name the mine is called, if it has plenty of gold, I could not care less if it was the LDM or the lost Adams or the Pink Bunny Slippers mine, since it is the gold I am after anyway....
    Truer words were never spoken!

If I ever find the LDM, when I file the claim I'm naming it the 'Pink Bunny Slippers' mine
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and shall lose both -Benjamin Franklin

Nov 2013
    225 times

Attachment 1562356

babymick1
    Nice find! Gratz!

Could you please post a pic of the ore before you bust it up? Thanks
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and shall lose both -Benjamin Franklin

Apr 2014
    Tartarus Dorsa mountains
    781 times
    Stayin' alive :D
    I understand. You surrender.

Oroblanco

Improving the world, one post at a time

us
    Mar 2004
    Severn, Maryland
    None
    3142 times
    Cache Hunting
    As far as I can tell, most of the "Lost Mines" have been found since 1890, but got different names as the finders did not know about the "Lost Mine/Diggings". I fully believe that when/if the LDM is found, it will also turn out to be the grave site of Weisner. Silly me I believe the story I read back in 1963 at the Florence Women's Club Library. Watlz put the remains of Weisner into the shaft they had started and then put lugs over it and covered it with dirt. That also meshes with the story he told about covering his Mine with logs and then dirt, that I didn't hear until on the Forum here. Am I correct? No Idea that is why I always thought that Waltzer was the one to back track and try to run down for his mine. Just my 2 cents.

us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    938 times
    Old Jesuits and Spainish Mines
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Baldwin View Post
    Nice find! Gratz!

Could you please post a pic of the ore before you bust it up? Thanks
    I did it's posted under another thread on this form, Can't remember which on but it's there.

babymick1
    audigger53 likes this.

us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    938 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markmar View Post
    Maybe that's the result of a " first hand " pan from 600 pounds of dust .
    Lots more to go. But it sure is'nt a small tiny cropped google earth pic. For sure!

babymick1
    audigger53 likes this.

us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    938 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azdave35 View Post
    i'd say the first lesson mick needs to learn is how to tell the difference between lode gold and placer gold..the pic he posted is definitely placer gold
    What ever Dave,

You saw the Ore it's not a load, it's easy busted apart and the gold falls out. It's called cobbing Dave, for a guy that claims he was in the mining industry your knowledge is better used in a Tool shed, then in practice.

To many things you say tells me your not what you say most of the time.

babymick1
    Last edited by wrmickel1; Mar 11, 2018 at 09:46 PM.

us
    Nov 2011
    Jamestown ND
    Garrett 2500
    938 times

Oroblanco

You don't seem to grasp the concept, The whole story or the ledgen been twisted, since day one, All of it. Except Julia.

babymick1

us
    Dec 2008
    3999 times
    What ever Dave,

You saw the Ore it's not a load, it's easy busted apart and the gold falls out. It's called cobbing Dave, for a guy that claims he was in the mining industry your knowledge is better used in a Tool shed, then in practice.

To many things you say tells me your not what you say most of the time.

babymick1
    mick...at least i don't paint 2x4's with gold spray paint and try to pass them off as gold bars...that pile of gold you posted is worn and rounded like placer gold after it has traveled down a stream for quite a ways....i've crushed many gold bearing rocks and seen alot of gold come out of them but i've never seen gold come directly from a rock rounded and weathered...and you didn't either...that gold you posted is definitely placer gold..and if you are a lapidary like you say...no lapidary would crush jewelry rock up for the gold...it's worth 10 times as much for lapidary..may as well fess up mick...we got you this time...where did you steal that pic?...lol
    Last edited by azdave35; Mar 11, 2018 at 10:06 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links