cloudy day

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
True...the reason I live here is the snow...and the spring smallies...and the summer kayaking...but for the snow, 2 ATV's with plow blades and a big gnarly snowthrower, and a tri-axle full of logs for the stove...I have two dogs and two cats, and nobody will pull a sled but me...and yes, it's like a toothache!

Your spring won't arrive until June.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True...the reason I live here is the snow...and the spring smallies...and the summer kayaking...but for the snow, 2 ATV's with plow blades and a big gnarly snowthrower, and a tri-axle full of logs for the stove...I have two dogs and two cats, and nobody will pull a sled but me...and yes, it's like a toothache!

You guys are welcome. Always love local yore and history. I'll see if I can find the author.
We've been going up to Alpine since the early 1980's so we finally bought a cabin.
No snow to speak of up there this year it's to darn warm up there. Only a few inches of light stuff that melts off quickly. Still cold as hell though...

I may be filing some new gold claims soon. Not up around there. No gold up there except the old Adams Diggings legend. I plan looking for it one day.

Found the Rabbit Ears already.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Bill. When I clicked on the images, they were displayed upright. Any title or author you could find?

finally found out who the Author was of the pages I posted on here Jim.

His name is E, Widtsoe Shuimway (Misspelled on Amazon) from Thatcher, AZ.

He only penned a few books and died in 1984.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
finally found out who the Author was of the pages I posted on here Jim.

His name is E, Widtsoe Shuimway (Misspelled on Amazon) from Thatcher, AZ.

He only penned a few books and died in 1984.

Thanks, Bill! Did a search, I wonder if he got it published as "Alpine, AZ: A Stroll Through History". All the other books I saw by him dealt with other subjects or were fiction. Amazon has 1 used copy for 50 bucks, nothing on Google books...anyway, the manuscript seemed like it would have been a good read, thanks for posting on it. I wonder if he used to live in your cabin??

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Bill! Did a search, I wonder if he got it published as "Alpine, AZ: A Stroll Through History". All the other books I saw by him dealt with other subjects or were fiction. Amazon has 1 used copy for 50 bucks, nothing on Google books...anyway, the manuscript seemed like it would have been a good read, thanks for posting on it. I wonder if he used to live in your cabin??

No, he was a friend of the previous owner. The guy I bought from was on the board of directors for Alpine Inc. or an adviser to the group I don't know which. I just came back from a scenic quad ride with my wife as I'm up there right now enjoying the cool weather and rain storms. We hit the black river and went the long way south towards Hanigan Meadow. Did a little fishing in the black river with no luck but it rained for hours this morning so one would expect no bites. Beaver Dam was down stream making a small lake with lots a fish but no standing room.

Where having sea food tonight with some chili.

Gotta go it may be about ready!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost forgot Dessert!
Peanut Butter Pie with Oreo Cookie crust!
My slice had a heart shaped whipcream topping with a chocolate lightening bolt center!

Spanish Peanut Butter Golden Treasure Pie!

View attachment 1627705

View attachment 1627706 go

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

I see , you are doing the " Santa Maria " diet . How this : you eat till you are ready to crack up and after pray to Virgin to still keep you alive .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions