Dec 19, 2008
nice shot of the mountain today
clouds.jpg

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I see the horse map in those clouds?

That very same Horse Cloud Map lead me to Waltz's secret stash of nuggets in a buried canteen! That in turn lead us to the hidden tunnel nearby covered with logs. The Pit is up above in the lounge area..in that very picture just behind the clouds where the horses fluffy arse points!

View attachment 1551286

Waltz's stash...who would've thought it was in a canteen!

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Where else would he put his gold? If it's not stashed in the barrel of an old muzzleloader, it's going to be in the canteen.

Bill, did you ever get pics of that old manuscript you found in NM?

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like someone found it! To bad...Treasures gone the tunnel was found and is presently being excavated!

View attachment 1551280 View attachment 1551281

The Treasure tunnel is hidden behind the buckets!

It's a glory hole Placer deposit!

That's the picture of the entrance to the supers catacombs & I have to say don't post the 2nd picture....i can get in trouble using a Shamrock crate & a crystal water jug!!

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That very same Horse Cloud Map lead me to Waltz's secret stash of nuggets in a buried canteen! That in turn lead us to the hidden tunnel nearby covered with logs. The Pit is up above in the lounge area..in that very picture just behind the clouds where the horses fluffy arse points!

View attachment 1551286

Waltz's stash...who would've thought it was in a canteen!
You found where I left my canteen! Thanks so much. Next time I am out there you can give it back. LOL Seriously I do have one like that, we both bought one back in the 80's.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
That's the picture of the entrance to the supers catacombs & I have to say don't post the 2nd picture....i can get in trouble using a Shamrock crate & a crystal water jug!!

Hate to admit this, but I can get into serious trouble with even less than that! :tongue3: :laughing7: :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where else would he put his gold? If it's not stashed in the barrel of an old muzzleloader, it's going to be in the canteen.

Bill, did you ever get pics of that old manuscript you found in NM?

Manuscript? OH, I know what your talking about! Yes I did and I forgot to post it! I'll see if I can dig up the pix.

Just so everyone knows that photo is not in the Sups and those items do not belong to me.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the Manuscript, or part of it.

I never knew the area had ties to Tombstone or the Urps and the Movie "The Revenant"!
Most Movies are based off some small real life event.

Maybe old John Wayne told some book writer that story about the last Grizzly Bear Attack near Alpine!

It mimics that Bear attack in the Movie!

Sorry for the turned pages I turned them right before the upload but they ended up this way. Maybe someone has the time to re-post the ones that are sideways. Good reading lots of history. That's just a small part of the rather large manuscript.

View attachment 1557027 View attachment 1557028 View attachment 1557029

View attachment 1557030 View attachment 1557031 View attachment 1557032

View attachment 1557033 View attachment 1557034 View attachment 1557035

View attachment 1557036

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, Bill. When I clicked on the images, they were displayed upright. Any title or author you could find?

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Bill. When I clicked on the images, they were displayed upright. Any title or author you could find?

Not really, not copyrighted to anyone. Just an old manuscript found in our Cabin when we moved in. Very interesting reading especially about the Grizzly attack. There was Ike Clanton dying up there after Tombstone, any the many Indian raids by Geronimo and Victorio. The story about the two boys that killed an old fella traveling from back east taking his wagon and all his money. One of them was shot on the spot by the Sherriff and the other hung later. Alpine was a hunting retreat until the Mormons moved in. The Indians got along with the Mormons as they were farmers, not looking for gold, and had no guns so they were no threat. What's funny is they built a Church right outside the the walled compound was built and it burst into flames numerous times by lightening right after they built it.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
I would imagine someone local would probably be able to figure out who wrote it. Take it to the Bear Wallow and pass it around next time you're there.

A buddy of mine that lives a few mountains away from me here in PA is also from AZ...his was a Mormon family from the Greer area...his G.Grandma was Molly Butler, the first owner of the Molly Butler Lodge. It's no longer in the family, which is good, as the food there is well,,,there is a better place to eat in Greer. Take care, Jim

EDIT: Forgot to add, I've heard about that last griz on Escudilla mtn before, but not the big fight. Also, Ike Clanton was killed over at the Wilson house.

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Here's the Manuscript, or part of it.

I never knew the area had ties to Tombstone or the Urps and the Movie "The Revenant"!
Most Movies are based off some small real life event.

Maybe old John Wayne told some book writer that story about the last Grizzly Bear Attack near Alpine!

It mimics that Bear attack in the Movie!

Sorry for the turned pages I turned them right before the upload but they ended up this way. Maybe someone has the time to re-post the ones that are sideways. Good reading lots of history. That's just a small part of the rather large manuscript.

View attachment 1557027 View attachment 1557028 View attachment 1557029

View attachment 1557030 View attachment 1557031 View attachment 1557032

View attachment 1557033 View attachment 1557034 View attachment 1557035

View attachment 1557036

I just wanted to thank you for sharing the MSS Bill! I think we owe you one. <two thumbs up>

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Indeed! I should have thanked Bill also before I prattled on... Thank you, Bill!

Roy, winter isn't done with me....8-12 inches of snow expected...I'm up late peering out the window waiting for the onslaught....Best regards, Jim

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Indeed! I should have thanked Bill also before I prattled on... Thank you, Bill!

Roy, winter isn't done with me....8-12 inches of snow expected...I'm up late peering out the window waiting for the onslaught....Best regards, Jim

Time to hitch up those Huskies! :occasion14: :notworthy: :notworthy: :laughing7: Admit it Jim, you will miss that snow when it is gone - just the same way you miss a toothache when it is gone!

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Time to hitch up those Huskies! :occasion14: :notworthy: :notworthy: :laughing7: Admit it Jim, you will miss that snow when it is gone - just the same way you miss a toothache when it is gone!

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

True...the reason I live here is the snow...and the spring smallies...and the summer kayaking...but for the snow, 2 ATV's with plow blades and a big gnarly snowthrower, and a tri-axle full of logs for the stove...I have two dogs and two cats, and nobody will pull a sled but me...and yes, it's like a toothache!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread