chuck crawford on ted degrazia from chucks notes

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
The map, as you claim, that was given to Bob Ward by Ted Degrazia, is as bogus as was himself. Ted never liked Bob Ward. He thought that Bob was too self centered and was looking for fame any way that he could get it. Know Bob as well as I did, I have to concur with his sentiments. The first real map was done by Ted DeGrazia on one of his paintings in an invisible ink that only showed up under blacklite. That painting was the original “Donkey” that was painted by him as part of the Yellow Period and was personally placed by him in the tailings pile of his desert friend Pete Zapeta who lived in Tucson. I met and talked to Pete at his home on numerous occasions in 1981, and I can see why Ted chose the Donkey for his friend. Pete was as stubborn as a donkey, and so stubborn that he believed that Ted left him nothing, when in fact if Pete would have gone back to work on his mine as Ted always told him to do, he would have found that critical piece of evidence that would have allowed him to find the buried paintings of the "GRAY PERIOD" which are his best real paintings. So, as life chooses those with positive attitudes, it escaped Pete, for Joe Blankenship found the painting with the invisible map on it in Pete’s tailing pile.
Joe came to my Motel room in Tucson to ask me to guide him into the Superstition Mountains to where the map said they were buried. Because Broderick Crawford, my uncle, was Ted’s boozing buddy, he seemed to think my uncle would have told me where the paintings were buried., because he was on that trip with Ted. As usual my uncle was drunk and did not accompany Ted. Philip Casadore and Joe Castro up the proper canyon to where they were placed as a treasure to be had by the true finder against anyone else’s claims, which includes the IRS. Joe Blankenship did not like my idea of splitting the proceeds with the Apaches, and so, I refused to guide him there. Because of his attitude they are still there until I go get them. You can be sure I will not go to get them until I have the qualified buyers up front with their proper bids placed into an escrow account, before I will do the undertaking. If that does not meet with their approval, they shall remain concealed on my “Spiritual Land Grant” where they shall gather more value as time goes along, and leaving in the minds of the greedy, the chance to appese their greed which outwitted them.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Are those notes available to the public? Would be interesting to read them; Chuck was in the thick of it back then.

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Are those notes available to the public? Would be interesting to read them; Chuck was in the thick of it back then.
no...they are not available to the public...chuck kept notes or tape recordings on everything

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave

If Bob's map was not Ted's to his paintings , then could been Bob's or someone else to a different target , and just was credited to Ted for unknown reasons .

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave

If Bob's map was not Ted's to his paintings , then could been Bob's or someone else to a different target , and just was credited to Ted for unknown reasons .

marius...i didnt know bob well ..but i knew chuck..both of them came up with some pretty crazy statements...and both were nuts...but chuck actually was highly intelligent and made some good finds in the mountains..for the matter bob made a few too..its up to you to believe or not believe what they said...chuck was a short,stocky half irish /half italian ball of fire..he didnt take any crap from anyone ..he fancied himself a quick draw expert and he believed everything he said..no matter how crazy it sounded to the rest of us..if he had gotten his notes published into a book i think people would have been in agreement on his intelligence and also quite a few unsolved murders would be solved

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
if he had gotten his notes published into a book i think people would have been in agreement on his intelligence and also quite a few unsolved murders would be solved

What's preventing this from happening? Could someone just compile all the notes, transcribe the tapes, and put it all in print form?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the man chuck hired to do the book got all the hard work done...then blew a gasket and burned all chucks notes and his computer

Let me guess... PR or ET? There were some REALLY WEIRD AND FAR OUT things on the internet concerning Chuck and some of the people he knew after he passed on. I think most if not all of it was taken down a long time ago, but it was some crazy reading for awhile.

I know Greg got at least some of Chuck's files after he passed away, but I suspect that was after any "good stuff" had been weeded out by others but maybe not? Greg - if you're looking in on this, can you give a little description of what you have in your collection from Chuck Crawford's files?

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Let me guess... PR or ET? There were some REALLY WEIRD AND FAR OUT things on the internet concerning Chuck and some of the people he knew after he passed on. I think most if not all of it was taken down a long time ago, but it was some crazy reading for awhile.

I know Greg got at least some of Chuck's files after he passed away, but I suspect that was after any "good stuff" had been weeded out by others but maybe not? Greg - if you're looking in on this, can you give a little description of what you have in your collection from Chuck Crawford's files?
more like A.H or D.H.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marius...i didnt know bob well ..but i knew chuck..both of them came up with some pretty crazy statements...and both were nuts...but chuck actually was highly intelligent and made some good finds in the mountains..for the matter bob made a few too..its up to you to believe or not believe what they said...chuck was a short,stocky half irish /half italian ball of fire..he didnt take any crap from anyone ..he fancied himself a quick draw expert and he believed everything he said..no matter how crazy it sounded to the rest of us..if he had gotten his notes published into a book i think people would have been in agreement on his intelligence and also quite a few unsolved murders would be solved

Dave

Yes , Chuck came up how he had found some black and purple quartz which had magic properties .
In regards with Ward's map which leads to DeGrazia's paintings , I believe what Not Peralta wrote in his " mission " thread about the Dios stone http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...r-than-superstition-mtns-197.html#post4518298, had a close connection to where Chuck had found those quartz specimens .

NP wrote how the Dios stone was close to a well , which had inside shelves to can climb down . NP also stated in another post , how in that well , under the water , he and Ward hid the two pieces of stone maps which they believed belonged to the set of Peralta stone maps .

And now is the best , in the Dios rock post , NP stated how about 150-200 yards from the well , there is a covered mine which he believed how Chuck had found the magical quartz specimens . IMO ,and after decrypting the map , that mine is what points the Ward's map to the Ted's paintings .

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The map, as you claim, that was given to Bob Ward by Ted Degrazia, is as bogus as was himself. Ted never liked Bob Ward. He thought that Bob was too self centered and was looking for fame any way that he could get it. Know Bob as well as I did, I have to concur with his sentiments. The first real map was done by Ted DeGrazia on one of his paintings in an invisible ink that only showed up under blacklite. That painting was the original “Donkey” that was painted by him as part of the Yellow Period and was personally placed by him in the tailings pile of his desert friend Pete Zapeta who lived in Tucson. I met and talked to Pete at his home on numerous occasions in 1981, and I can see why Ted chose the Donkey for his friend. Pete was as stubborn as a donkey, and so stubborn that he believed that Ted left him nothing, when in fact if Pete would have gone back to work on his mine as Ted always told him to do, he would have found that critical piece of evidence that would have allowed him to find the buried paintings of the "GRAY PERIOD" which are his best real paintings. So, as life chooses those with positive attitudes, it escaped Pete, for Joe Blankenship found the painting with the invisible map on it in Pete’s tailing pile.
Joe came to my Motel room in Tucson to ask me to guide him into the Superstition Mountains to where the map said they were buried. Because Broderick Crawford, my uncle, was Ted’s boozing buddy, he seemed to think my uncle would have told me where the paintings were buried., because he was on that trip with Ted. As usual my uncle was drunk and did not accompany Ted. Philip Casadore and Joe Castro up the proper canyon to where they were placed as a treasure to be had by the true finder against anyone else’s claims, which includes the IRS. Joe Blankenship did not like my idea of splitting the proceeds with the Apaches, and so, I refused to guide him there. Because of his attitude they are still there until I go get them. You can be sure I will not go to get them until I have the qualified buyers up front with their proper bids placed into an escrow account, before I will do the undertaking. If that does not meet with their approval, they shall remain concealed on my “Spiritual Land Grant” where they shall gather more value as time goes along, and leaving in the minds of the greedy, the chance to appese their greed which outwitted them.

Well all I can add was what Ted's brother told me. That he took his Early works and drawings, that he called his "Children" rolledd them up and put them into PVC pipe and wrapped them in a carpet and buried them. He was driving his pickup truck with no horse trailer when he stopped by Frank's home in Florence. To me that limits the places he could have buried them as outside the Supes.

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
marius...after chuck died in 1997 a few people did websites on chuck crawford...emory...sharon and one other person...maybe more....the stuff i have been posting are from emory's website....chuck wrote everything down he ever did and emory got everything from chuck....all 3 of those websites have been shut down for years...sharon's was one of the better sites on chuck..alot of dirty laundry aired and mucho drama....lol

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marius...after chuck died in 1997 a few people did websites on chuck crawford...emory...sharon and one other person...maybe more....the stuff i have been posting are from emory's website....chuck wrote everything down he ever did and emory got everything from chuck....all 3 of those websites have been shut down for years...sharon's was one of the better sites on chuck..alot of dirty laundry aired and mucho drama....lol

Boy do I remember reading Sharon's website. She certainly "told it like it is" so to speak!!

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Boy do I remember reading Sharon's website. She certainly "told it like it is" so to speak!!

lol...she wasn't afraid to dish the dirt...i have her website downloaded on a hard drive here somewhere

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol...she wasn't afraid to dish the dirt...i have her website downloaded on a hard drive here somewhere

I have a sneaking feeling having read that website like loooong ago - was that not very flattering for Emory? Is there any chance of uploading that site somewhere? - or are there copyrights involved?

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I have a sneaking feeling having read that website like loooong ago - was that not very flattering for Emory? Is there any chance of uploading that site somewhere? - or are there copyrights involved?
lol..you are correct on your suspicion ...i think lawyers got involved and she had to take down the site

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions