The stone maps and their concept

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gunpowder fuse ? like how Guy Fawkes used to do it (or tried to anyway)...

Now you got me looking into the history of fuses, lol.

It seems the green fireworks/ dynamite fuse is called "safety fuse" and was originally patented in England by William Bickford in 1831. Prior to that time fuses for lighting charges in the mines were made by filling a quill or thin piece of straw with gunpowder. So for this tale to be true, a piece of straw or feather would have to survive exposed to the elements for 300 years. You make the call...

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right I don't have the read in front of me quoted from memory I would say some type of explosive fuse most likely survived by being buried.before found.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note person explored area because of unusual looking mound .the read notes person thought something was being covered up. This also took place in garden valley area according to read

in

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar ..read states person found blunders and tools near cave or tunnel but did not know history of location.

What i believe about the history of that location .
At that place long time ago , have worked a gold rich mine some Spaniards and after them some Mexicans . After the Mexicans , that mine was worked by Waltz , Wiser and John Reed's father .
One day in 1882 , Apache covered that mine , but before they do this , they throwed inside all the tools and other mining stuff which were in the region and fiiled it with rocks and debris .
In the year 1888 , John Reed and his father came to the mine and found it covered up so good , so if they did't know where that mine was exactly , they wouldn't found it . Then , they dug up again the mine and pulled out all that old tools and other mining stuff which were in the shaft . After they took some gold , covered up the mine again , but by now they didn't bother to throw inside all that mining stuff .
Then , after many years came to the scene your guy , who found all those tools and all the other stuff .

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What i believe about the history of that location .
At that place long time ago , have worked a gold rich mine some Spaniards and after them some Mexicans . After the Mexicans , that mine was worked by Waltz , Wiser and John Reed's father .
One day in 1882 , Apache covered that mine , but before they do this , they throwed inside all the tools and other mining stuff which were in the region and fiiled it with rocks and debris .
In the year 1888 , John Reed and his father came to the mine and found it covered up so good , so if they did't know where that mine was exactly , they wouldn't found it . Then , they dug up again the mine and pulled out all that old tools and other mining stuff which were in the shaft . After they took some gold , covered up the mine again , but by now they didn't bother to throw inside all that mining stuff .
Then , after many years came to the scene your guy , who found all those tools and all the other stuff .

Now this story is believable. I'll bet there was one more guy that found the place after the Reeds and before Barry Storm's 1920 prospector. And he left the rope and dynamite fuse. Probably used the dynamite to reopen the mine after the Reeds sealed it.

Waltz and Weiser's association with this mine would have to be pre-LDM. When you know where the mother-lode is, you mine. You don't prospect for another deposit. Since W&W kept prospecting after finding this place and Mr. dynamite fuse didn't do much work on this mine either, I'll bet the ore isn't very rich.

It would be interesting to see what kind of deposit they were working.

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this story is believable. I'll bet there was one more guy that found the place after the Reeds and before Barry Storm's 1920 prospector. And he left the rope and dynamite fuse. Probably used the dynamite to reopen the mine after the Reeds sealed it.

Waltz and Weiser's association with this mine would have to be pre-LDM. When you know where the mother-lode is, you mine. You don't prospect for another deposit. Since W&W kept prospecting after finding this place and Mr. dynamite fuse didn't do much work on this mine either, I'll bet the ore isn't very rich.

It would be interesting to see what kind of deposit they were working.

IMO , because the dynamite fuse was there , that don't show how it was to be used or was used for sure . Would been just something to complete a mining gear or for a defense action and nothing else ?
The guy who went after the 1888 last digging , could be John Reed's father as well . John Reed lost contact with his father about in 1890 , and after that , he didn't know if his father went back to the mine after their last trip .
Also , the rope was not to climb up and down to the location , but was for a quick run away , because the common entrance to that side was from above , thought a hole/cave and going almost the whole ridge around .
The guy before 1920 , left the rope there and gave the spot away . Maybe was his last time he visited the site .

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar, damm good posts , I now know most of the story. Quick notes from read , blunderbuss found on ground with tools,fuse was described as German in nature,yes their was a other exit. Could this be the trick in the trail waltz talked about
I wonder if storm went their himself . Do you think the Latin Roman Aztec heart was found in this area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar, damm good posts , I now know most of the story. Quick notes from read , blunderbuss found on ground with tools,fuse was described as German in nature,yes their was a other exit. Could this be the trick in the trail waltz talked about
I wonder if storm went their himself . Do you think the Latin Roman Aztec heart was found in this area.

motel6.5

IMO , the Latin stone heart map was stashed together with the other stone tablets/maps in a crevice , few hundred yards from the LDM " Quartz " mine ( because little lower was the " LDM " Placer too ) . During the years of 1940's , a party of smart/lucky guys found the tablets and followed the markings ( lugares ) of the Trail , which started at the same point , to the treasure room . They took as much gold they could carry , and leaving the place , took with them the stone tablets too . In the way to their car , they buried the stone Crosses maps , and after they went out the mountains , they buried the rest of the stone tablets/maps in another region ( where TT found them ) .

The irony is how Waltz was in the region of the treasure room ( not for mining ) but he didn't understand it . See , he was a miner and not a treasure hunter .

Last edited:

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar, Your obove post was what I more or less was thinking, but not in the full context in which you laid out the story. I had a hunch the Heart stone might have been discovered in that area...I also think Storm might have visited their also, longshot,but maybe he found the Heart stone, and sold it because he needed money. You presented much more imformation and I liked it all. Thanks,and good luck in your searches.M6.5

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I'm out here Thunting with the legend team. We have some great leads. We have zero faith in anything Travis was connected with. Unlike others we do not accept sponsors or investors. There is stuff out there but not what you think. We have help with some great friends and stuff is shared. We ripped no one off in the process. I for one can sleep at night without worrying about someone hunting me down. Some people you just don't screw over around here. The word is out believe me. Was it worth it. I don't think so.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My eyes have seen the glory of the comeing of the lord, he has broken down the barriers where the LDM is stored.

Ya it was worth it 1000times over.

Now get over it.

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm out here Thunting with the legend team. We have some great leads. We have zero faith in anything Travis was connected with. Unlike others we do not accept sponsors or investors. There is stuff out there but not what you think. We have help with some great friends and stuff is shared. We ripped no one off in the process. I for one can sleep at night without worrying about someone hunting me down. Some people you just don't screw over around here. The word is out believe me. Was it worth it. I don't think so.

Hey Frank

Are you and the Legend team still interested in Fish Creek area ? I believe only gold dust can you find there .

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Fish Creek is a big area. It has a large mountain drainage. Down near hippie cave I found silver with a detector at a camping spot. Looked like it was picked off a Quartz vein on the mountainside. Found the area that was worked. There was a zip line pole nearby. Never say never. Until a spot is tested you don't know what is there. Research can point to certain spots. In areas I found gold it was nice and chunky. No dust. Lynx Creek is known for dust and small flakes. But some big gold has been found there also. If you get over ten pieces in a test pan it's advisable to run some material to see. In a lot of creeks the gold is within the top 4". It just moves around when the creek is running. Then you need to find it again.

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fish Creek is a big area. It has a large mountain drainage. Down near hippie cave I found silver with a detector at a camping spot. Looked like it was picked off a Quartz vein on the mountainside. Found the area that was worked. There was a zip line pole nearby. Never say never. Until a spot is tested you don't know what is there. Research can point to certain spots. In areas I found gold it was nice and chunky. No dust. Lynx Creek is known for dust and small flakes. But some big gold has been found there also. If you get over ten pieces in a test pan it's advisable to run some material to see. In a lot of creeks the gold is within the top 4". It just moves around when the creek is running. Then you need to find it again.

What about moving in a hunt for a real Manuel Peralta's gold mine ? Easy to find if you know where to look .
A GE image looking downslope .

MPmine.jpg

And another two from above at different times .

mine '14.jpg mine '15.jpg

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Those old gold mines are all over out here. I prefer the ore stash site. The gold is already dug and processed. Care to guess where that is. I see it's getting toasty out your way.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Is this old English Gold?

Welcome to T-Net and the LDM forums, Metalman!

I wish it were old English Gold, at least the UK understands how to reward t-hunters for any finds...here, just about every govt and state agency will try to take any significant finds without compensation...

Best of luck, Jim

OP
OP
markmar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those old gold mines are all over out here. I prefer the ore stash site. The gold is already dug and processed. Care to guess where that is. I see it's getting toasty out your way.

This mine isn't like the other you know all over there . You just lost the chance to find it .
And I don't need a guess . I didn't find the mine in the pictures by guess . You have to know reading maps and treasure signs . Unless you will pan all the way to the mine , like the Peraltas did . Manuel Peralta was a good prospector and good in making maps and treasure signs . I knew where to look for this mine , from the first second I have read some treasure signs about .
If believe you will find the ore cache by panning canyons close to Apache Trail , then you don't need a guess but a miracle .
Just my guess .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread