Close up of horse map

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have close ups of the real horse map. particularly want to see the lightly etched carvings on top and above caballo.

Horse Map.jpg Original Miguel carving.JPG

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One that Mike M. had posted a few years ago.....

miguel Mike's.jpg

and one of my own ....

100_0460.JPG

OP
OP
D

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have a close up of mark above cabollo ? what it is?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
When you overlay a portion the horse map onto a map of southern New Mexico, scaled and registered to the bend in the Rio Grande east of the Caballo Range, some interesting coincidences become apparent. Many of the miscellaneous symbols near the horse map seem to fit perfectly on well-known "treasure legend landmarks" on the New Mexico map (Google Earth aerial). "Caballo Cross" is at Willie's (Douthit) Cave in the southern Caballos; "Map Cave" is at the mysterious petroglyph site of the same name east of Santa Rita NM; "Bridal Chamber" is at the gigantic block of pure silver mined at Lake Valley NM; "Rabb" is near a "lost mine with an iron door" allegedly found in Noonday Canyon by none other than Gus Raney's brother (the late Gus Raney was long rumored to be a guardian of chuch treasure in NM); "Adams Diggings" is at the village site of the same name, just south of Raney's ranch. Some other interesting correlations (not shown here) relate to the "Rio" on the horse map and the headwaters region of the Gila River in western NM. Just coincidences I guess.
Horse map south.jpg

As far as your "symbol above the C" on the horse map, its east-west leg seems to fall directly on the 33°0' north latitude parallel, two miles directly west of Spaceport America, and its center on a line that connects Palomas Gap and Victorio Peak - another two well-known "treasure legend" landmarks in the Caballo region. Of course, everybody knows the horse map relates to central Arizona, so all these observations must just be more coincidences.
Caballos.jpg

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been claimed that the H/P stone was created by an old Mexican friend of the family, with a young girl's coloring book having been the source of the image used for the horse on the stone. I have spoken on the telephone with the lady who told me she owned that very same coloring book as a child. If true, it kinda blows apart the theories of the artist not having Spanish as a first language IMO. Others, who were part of the same research group have related the same story to me and a few other listeners as well . It also unfortunately, would negate your "coincidences" for all practical purposes .

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been claimed that the H/P stone was created by an old Mexican friend of the family, with a young girl's coloring book having been the source of the image used for the horse on the stone. I have spoken on the telephone with the lady who told me she owned that very same coloring book as a child. If true, it kinda blows apart the theories of the artist not having Spanish as a first language IMO. Others, who were part of the same research group have related the same story to me and a few other listeners as well . It also unfortunately, would negate your "coincidences" for all practical purposes .

Well, hiker, two points. One: so many folks have made so many claims about these rocks - many extremely impassioned and guaranteed - that the whole shebang comes off like a political debate. Followers have picked their muse, staked their position and will go down with the ship knowing that their position is true no matter what. Meanwhile, the topic remains an open question, IMO.

Two: as far as what I offered in Post #9, well, read 'em and weep. I don't have a unified theory of what the rocks are. I'm a conspiracy analyst, not a theorist. Anyone can replicate my results ... it is what it is, regardless of what it means. I personally vigorously deny multiple coincidences surrounding controversies - thus my post. Along a similar vein, I believe Cactusjumper has hinted before that carvings on one of the other rocks were simply back-engineered from stuff found in the hills that may have been recently manufactured. Quien sabe? When a tornado of truth reveals all, then we'll know, I guess. Meanwhile the skies remain merely cloudy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread