The Finder of the Lost Dutchman Video

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel torn about Mr. Feldman. I think he is just doing a great job promoting his business by continuing a myth, but it just feels dishonest - like all the other Apache Junction tourist traps.:coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I met the sons filming a hunt in Montana. So for what it is worth I posted the video. I was the consultant for one episode.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I feel torn about Mr. Feldman. I think he is just doing a great job promoting his business by continuing a myth, but it just feels dishonest - like all the other Apache Junction tourist traps.:coffee2:
maybe you should stop in and talk to ron...kinda hard to judge a man you dont know

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
maybe you should stop in and talk to ron...kinda hard to judge a man you dont know

I've met him, way back in 1971. People judge folks they don't know all the time azdave35. Think of the businesses that DEPEND on the "Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine," actually built on the foundation of the legend. I think Mr. Feldman, and business owners like him, are carnival barkers.:skullflag:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I've met him, way back in 1971. People judge folks they don't know all the time azdave35. Think of the businesses that DEPEND on the "Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine," actually built on the foundation of the legend. I think Mr. Feldman, and business owners like him, are carnival barkers.:skullflag:

you and a few others here seem to think that the future of apache junction hinges on the lost dutchman mine bringing in tourist dollars...in reality nothing could be further from the truth...matter of fact all the ldm brings here is a bunch of flat broke ,mentally ill ,welfare bums that end up living in the desert....it is the warm weather that brings people to the area (the people with any money anyway)....and if you knew anything about ron feldman you'd know he thinks the ldm has already been found...so you cant accuse him of using the "lost" mine to promote his business:dontknow:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, it has been found - by every person that built their wealth off of the legend. :skullflag:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come on Dave. Teaching people how to find gold on proven gold claims and providing them with top of the line equipment - and a professional gold prospecting instructor to teach them how to use it, is not the same as selling a dream. My school taught skills that our clients took home with them, whether they got gold or not. The story of Rich Hill, is very real - documented. The gold we find in the Weaver and Bradshaw mountains is real, no legend.

C'mon Dave, let's be friends and just disagree!:occasion14:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Come on Dave. Teaching people how to find gold on proven gold claims and providing them with top of the line equipment - and a professional gold prospecting instructor to teach them how to use it, is not the same as selling a dream. My school taught skills that our clients took home with them, whether they got gold or not. The story of Rich Hill, is very real - documented. The gold we find in the Weaver and Bradshaw mountains is real, no legend.

C'mon Dave, let's be friends and just disagree!:occasion14:
lol...terry...as far as i'm concerned we are friends...i've done alot of prospecting on your part of the state..and i've done alot around here..anyone that thinks there is no gold in the superstitions has been reading too many geology books...i've seen quite a bit of nice gold come from here

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sure there are more things to be found throughout the region. I would consider it fun to go down there and take a trip into those mountains just to see where all the legends were born. It was interesting to watch the video and hear about a book from 1903 that helped solve the issue. When I was working up here last week for the filming of a hunt in Montana by the sons. They got excited over my producing a book they didn't know about that was from 1909.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread